Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

$147.29 for a 60 day thai vissa, that requires shipping??? confused...

Posted by holydinahorben on 18/12/2012 at 23:18

i need to get a 60 day thailand visitor visa.
im filling out the forms on when i reach a shipping section.... what is being shipped?
i have a new zealand work e-visa. does thailand not have this e-visa option?
also, the travelfish tells me it will cost around 30 bucks, the application form is asking for $147.29?

please help if you have any info...

#1 holydinahorben has been a member since 29/8/2012. Location: Canada. Posts: 7
 Send holydinahorben a private message 

Posted by DLuek on 19/12/2012 at 02:04 TF writer

I don't really understand what you're asking in terms of the 'work e-visa' but, yes, Thai single entry tourist visas cost around US $30. Get in touch with the Thai embassy or consulate nearest you (google 'Thai embassy - and the location').

If you can't visit them in person to apply for the visa (usually takes 2 to 4 days to process depending on where you go), you can normally mail them your passport and paperwork and get the visa that way.

There is no 'e-visa' for Thailand though, so you can't apply through some website and have a visa awaiting when you arrive as you can for Vietnam. I assume that visahq website is a private visa service that will get you the visa (you'll still have to mail them your passport) for a hefty surcharge.

#2 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,177
 Send DLuek a private message   Website   Twitter 

Posted by Captain_Bob on 20/12/2012 at 00:43

That website is for a private outfit that charges a hefty fee for visa services (Embassy fee $40, Service fee $94.95, HST $12.34, Total $147.29!!!)

Better to contact your nearest Thai embassy or consulate directly. The embassy in Ottawa charges $40 for a single-entry tourist visa.

#3 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,911

Posted by Xircal on 25/12/2012 at 11:13

To get a 60 tourist visa, download the application form from here:

This link provides info pertaining to the documents you're required to submit:

I believe the fee has gone up to $45 though.

#4 Xircal has been a member since 24/12/2012. Posts: 95
 Send Xircal a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.