Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

Thailand,Vietnam nd Cambodia in 4 weeks Visa help.

Posted by dnev101 on 3/1/2013 at 05:14

Hi all,

Me and my girlfriend are heading to Thailand next month, flying to bangkok, and beginning our trip from there. Following is a very rough itinerary of what we want to do.

Could anybody please help me with what visas i need as i am struggling to understand.

1. Fly to BKK on 9th Feb and spend a couple of days
2. Fly to Hanoi on the 12th.
3. Spend around 10-12 heading south
4. Cross border into Cambodia and spend 5 or 6 days passing through.
5. Cross border back into Thailand and spend the rest of my time up till 9th March (approx 2 weeks) int the south of thailand before flying home from BKK.

Its all a bit rushed i know but i can only get 4 weeks off work. I just need some help with visas.

Do i get the usual 30day stamp in my passport when i arrive in BKK firstly? and will this allow mw to exit when i fly to hanoi and re-enter when i cross from Cambodia?

Do i get visa on arrival when i land in hanoi? And do i get visa on arrival when i cross from Vietnam to Cambodia?

Finally is there anything that i need to send off for before i leave?

Thanks in advance for any help anybody can give me. and if anybody has any suggestions for any other part of my trip it would be great :)

Hopefully you can help.

#1 dnev101 has been a member since 3/1/2013. Posts: 6

Posted by somtam2000 on 3/1/2013 at 20:34 admin

Thailand 1
Depending on your nationality you'll get a 30-day visa-free-stay in Thailand when arriving by flight.

There is no visa on arrival for Vietnam. Rather it needs to be organised beforehand through a Vietnamese travel agent. This can be done online. I have used the services of twice recently without problem, though you can Google it and there are roughly 12,432,654 travel agents in Vn offering this service! Do expect some queuing at the airport in Hanoi. Your other option is to get your Vietnamese visa in Bangkok -- See this post on getting a Vietnamese visa in Bangkok for more information.

Visa on arrival at the border unless you are arriving at some very obscure crossing (unlikely). Good for 30 days.

Thailand 2
If entering Thailand overland you will be given only a 14-day visa-free-stay. If you need longer, get a Thai tourist visa in Phnom Penh, or be prepared to pay for a short overstay (if for just a few days, cheaper than getting a tourist visa).

All the above is somewhat dependent on your nationality.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,644
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.