Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

Malaysia visa FAQ

Posted by somtam2000 on 22/1/2013 at 23:36 admin

Malaysia has a quite liberal visa policy for most nationalities with many granted 90 days entry visa free on arrival. Israelis are the notable exception as they are generally not permitted to enter Malaysia. You can see the full list at the Malaysian Ministry of Foreign Affairs website.

Note that if it is your first time arriving in Malaysia you may be finger-printed at immigration.

Extensions
Malaysian tourist visas can be extended, see this story on extending a Malaysian tourist visa for more information.

Validity issues
All tourist entries are single entry only. The arrival and departure stamps are small, quarter page ones.

Overstay
Overstays are charged at 30 ringgit per day of overstay and it is not recommended as you may be detained (and still have to pay the fine). Extend your visa rather than overstaying it.

#1 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,706
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by Tracie3000 on 17/3/2014 at 16:24

Im doing 7 weeks going from Thailand down to Singapore do I need to get visas or because I won't be staying in any country for 30days can I just go?, any advice or info would be great.

#2 Tracie3000 has been a member since 17/3/2014. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 2
 Send Tracie3000 a private message 

Posted by somtam2000 on 17/3/2014 at 19:45 admin

What is your nationality?

#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,706
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.