Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

Battambang to Bangkok

Posted by denzil71 on 10/3/2013 at 19:24

has anyone done this recently? Most info I can find regarding this seems to be at least 2 years out of date. The travel section for Battambang does suggest that there is an aircon bus to Bangkok daily but leaves at midday. I already have a Visa (2nd entry of a 2 entry visa) so that part isn't a problem.

any info would be appreciated - thanks

#1 denzil71 has been a member since 20/2/2012. Posts: 9
 Send denzil71 a private message   Twitter 

Posted by caseyprich on 10/3/2013 at 20:43

I did not personally do it - but a number of people at the Royal Hotel had booked a bus through them for pickup at the hotel. Sadly I can't comment on the experience. If you are in Battambang, I'd suggest stopping by or just asking at your hotel.

#2 caseyprich has been a member since 3/3/2010. Location: China. Posts: 1,281
 Send caseyprich a private message   Where has caseyprich been? 

Posted by sayadian on 11/3/2013 at 03:54

There are at least 3 Cambodian buses picking up passengers in Battambang on route from Phnom Penh to Poipet.Some take you straight to the border others leave you in town so you might need a motodop at 2000 real to get you to immigration. Cross over and get a tuk-tuk or motorbike 60 baht to the bus station at Aran where buses go every hour to Moichit, Bangkok.
Estimate 2 hours to Poipet, 1 hour immigration and travel to bus station, 3 hours to Moichit.
I very much doubt that there is a Thai or Cambodian bus that goes directly from point to point but things do change rapidly. I'd be interested to know if you no longer have to change buses at the border

#3 sayadian has been a member since 15/1/2008. Posts: 1,557
 Send sayadian a private message 

Posted by TravelBandit on 27/5/2013 at 01:58

I did this back in 2006, so I guess that's too long ago to be of any help. But for what it's worth, we got on the Phnom Penh-Bangkok bus in Battambang at about midday - not a minibus, a large "proper" bus. We were dropped at the border (Poipet), did the Cambodia exit and Thailand entry bits on foot (it's only a couple of hundred metres, quite easy to walk it) then had to wait just beyond the Thai border post for a Thai mini bus which took us to Bangkok. It was all one ticket and quite well organized.

#4 TravelBandit has been a member since 27/5/2013. Location: South Africa. Posts: 3
 Send TravelBandit a private message   Website   Twitter   Google+ 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.