Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

Trat to koh kong costs and routes to PP

Posted by nicklamport on 30/10/2013 at 11:27

I am going to cross the border from Thailand (Hat Lek) to Koh Kong in Cambodia on way to Phnom Penh and according to the Tourism Cambodia website it says to take a songthaw from Trat to Klong Yai, then another to Hat Lek, then after crossing (alreAdy have visa, read about the scams/extra payments etc) it says take a moto to Koh Kong and from there express boat to Sihanoukville to get to PP.
My questions are 1) anybody done the trip recently and know it what costs roughly for the two songthaws?
2) it says to negotiate for the moto to Koh Kong from the border..an idea how much it should be ?
3) is the boat still going from koh kong to Sihanoukville and if so roughly how much and if not..
4) can you go direct to PP from Koh Kong rather than go thru Sihanoukville.....phew..thanks :)

#1 nicklamport has been a member since 22/10/2013. Location: Australia. Posts: 6
 Where has nicklamport been? 

Posted by captainbkk on 31/10/2013 at 02:26

above is nonsense-like so often on www.
The best site for all indepdnt. travel TH-KH is talesofasia.com.
There are direct VANS=minibus Tr to border, 120 bt (maybe more now), these have always been-even when before border was open. You do not use any ST.
3.boat has been abandoned some 2-3 yrs ago at least-thats likely also how old/antique this site and your info is.
ANY Trat guesthse and agenct can sell you combo-tickets, for onward Khmer bus included. if thats wise-up to you, you seem the tipical 1st time overcautious and needing exact details type.
4. yes. again: talesofasia, or canbypublications has loinks to all Khmer buscompanies/timings. 1 or 2 of these buses pick u[p at border too-but are reported to be overpriced antique things.

#2 captainbkk has been a member since 16/2/2012. Posts: 472

Posted by somtam2000 on 31/10/2013 at 03:55 admin

@nicklamport - Minibus from Trat right to the border. From Koh Kong then direct transport from there to Phnom Penh.

@captainbkk - I thought Gordon had abandoned TOA? I saw him trying to sell it maybe a year ago...

#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,565
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by nicklamport on 1/11/2013 at 10:33

Thanks, have looked at tales of Asia lots of good info didnt realise cambodia website so out of date. Nothing wrong with being cautious my friend. Thanks also somtam2000. Am in Trat now and talked to few people here also so all sorted. Cheers

#4 nicklamport has been a member since 22/10/2013. Location: Australia. Posts: 6
 Where has nicklamport been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.