Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

border crossing: Trapeang Phlong in Cambodia from Xa Mat (vietnam)

Posted by telias on 8/9/2007 at 02:42

can i get any information aboutany experiences Trapeang Phlong/Xa Mat crossing Cambodia /Vietnam.
Can I get from Trapeang Phlong to Sen Monorom.

#1 telias has been a member since 8/9/2007. Posts: 2

Posted by somtam2000 on 8/9/2007 at 20:23 admin

Hmm News to me this crossing was even open to foreigners. I'm travelling at the moment so don't have by trusty maps with me, but would assume that given these border crossings tend to be open to locals long before they open to westerners, there SHOULD be basic transport available at each end.

I just tried to pull the region up on Google Earth and the resolution is at about prob what US bomber crews were using in the early 70's so I can't give any guidance on roads.

Last time I did the PP to Sen Monorom trip, the only crossing we passed was the turn off to the one that leads into Binh Phuoc province in Vietnam, but at the time (about 2 yrs ago) that was a locals only crossing.

You've got a new one -- try it out and report back!

Sorry can't be of more help

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,652
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.