Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

Laos Visa in Phnom Penh - don't get it here!

Posted by ruxandra on 6/11/2007 at 22:32

Just a heads up -
I went to a travel agency this morning to get a Lao visa in Phnom Penh. They said it would cost 37$ USD and it would take one day. After reading on the net I figured the agency is making about $7 on the job so I decided to go to the Laos Emabassy in Phnom Penh and get on on my own. I was speechless to find out at the embassy, after filling in all my forms and having the 3 pictures, that they were charging 47$ USD for a 48 hour turn around and 57$USD for a 12 hour turn around. Those were the only two options.

So, either get your visa at a travel agent or at a border or at the airport, but not in Phenom Penh. I'm sure Bangkok is better.

This is as of today, Nov 6 2007.
Good luck.

#1 ruxandra has been a member since 6/4/2006. Posts: 9
 Send ruxandra a private message 

Posted by Lother on 11/11/2007 at 16:39

The travel agents by the river in Phnom Penh do a fine job. The price depends on nationality, but I got mine in one day for 40$. No problems there.

#2 Lother has been a member since 12/5/2006. Location: Earth. Posts: 214
 Send Lother a private message 

Posted by ruxandra on 13/11/2007 at 18:44

You are right - I should have titled it "don't get it at the embassy." The travel agents do fine and take one day

#3 ruxandra has been a member since 6/4/2006. Posts: 9
 Send ruxandra a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.