Text page

Visas and border crossings

Visas and border crossings forum

Getting an Indian tourist visa in Manila as UK national???

Posted by HenryBaker on 12/10/2015 at 09:09

Hi,

I've researched online for hours trying to work out if I can get an Indian tourist visa in Manila and still had no luck finding a definitive answer. I haven't been back to the UK for 1 year so was unable to get a visa at home.

Here is some of the relevant, but conflicting info I have come across:

http://www.indembassymanila.in/eoi.php?id=Visa
suggests that UK nationals CAN get a visa

http://www.blsindiavisa-ph.com/forms/visa_application_process_for_eoi_website.pdf
"Non-Philippine nationals, who are on a short visit and not resident here
should obtain a visa for India from the country of their normal residence or
country of origin"

I have also read on various forums of people being able to do it as long as they can explain why they are not applying from their home country and showing patience, but these seem to have been a few years ago, so maybe no longer relevant?

If worst comes to worst, I could fly to Laos (although I'm not sure I could get a visa in Vientiane?) and then spend a few days sorting it out in Bangkok, but I'd really really rather not, and don't mind some hassle in Manila to avoid doing so.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Henry

#1 HenryBaker has been a member since 12/10/2015. Posts: 1

Posted by HeidiSmith on 1/12/2015 at 22:00

Hi Henry….I'm curious where you were able to obtain a visa for India since you are not in your home country. We arrived in Bangkok hoping to obtain a visa for India (for two months) only to find a notice on the door at the office in Bangkok stating that NON NATIONALS (i.e. us) cannot obtain a visa for India 'until further notice". We can get an e visa (we are Canadian) valid for one month and non extendable.

We checked out the Myanmar Indian consulate website and it says that non nationals can get a visa for India there. However, we are reluctant to believe the website because the visa service here in Thailand had nothing posted about their change in rules. We emailed the consulate in Myanmar and have heard nothing.

Any updates?

Thanks , Heidi

#2 HeidiSmith has been a member since 4/12/2014. Posts: 14

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.