Text page

Visas and border crossings

Visas and border crossings forum

Visa-free

Posted by RitaJardim on 20/3/2016 at 04:39

Hello guys!

So I'm going from Laos to Thailand in April, crossing a land border. As a portuguese I'm visa free but only for 14 days as I read on this site. I wanted to have more days. Once in Thailand I'm flying from bkk to ko samui, would it be possible at the airport to get a 30 days visa free? I know it's not crossing a border but it is kinda of coming by air so... I don't know. Can anybody help me with is? Thank you very much!

#1 RitaJardim has been a member since 20/3/2016. Posts: 4

Posted by Captain_Bob on 20/3/2016 at 05:15

Sorry no you can't get another 30 days at the airport because it's a domestic flight.
Coming from Laos by land entry you would get 15 days visa-exempt, but that can be extended another 30 days at Thai immigration for 1900 baht.

Other options would be:
- Fly from Laos to Thailand to get 30 days visa-exempt.
- Get a tourist visa in Vientiane to get 60 days by land or air entry.
Both of these options can also be extended 30 days at immigration.

#2 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,955

Posted by exacto on 20/3/2016 at 10:39

Captain Bob is a steely-eyed missile man.
Excellent post.
For what it is worth, I vote for the Thai Embassy Vientiane tourist visa option. You can enjoy a few relaxing days in VTE while your application is processed. Cheers.

#3 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,809

Posted by RitaJardim on 20/3/2016 at 21:27

Thank you all... But I don't think I'm paying a visa to stay 5 days longer only. I guess I'll go to Malaysia and then decide if it worth to comeback to thailand for free :-)

#4 RitaJardim has been a member since 20/3/2016. Posts: 4

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.