Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

Border Crossing - Muang Khoua - Dien Bien Phu

Posted by redmill on 28/11/2007 at 08:47

Any info regarding this crossing would be appreciated.

#1 redmill has been a member since 10/2/2007. Posts: 7
 Send redmill a private message 

Posted by somtam2000 on 28/11/2007 at 11:31 admin

You can read about the Sop Hun/Tay Trang crossing (I assume that is the one you mean) in a couple of places on Travelfish - links below:
Visa and border crossings FAQ
Original report from Matam

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,943
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Instagram   Pinterest 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code

Posted by CatBa on 30/11/2007 at 17:23

Posted from within Vietnam.

Either way it is OK, now.

HOWEVER, you must obtain a VN visa BEFORE approaching border.

VN representation in Laos:

Consular Services
Thatluang Road
Tel: +856-(0)-21-413-400
Fax: +856-(0)-21-413-379

Consular Services
31 Ban Pha Bat Tinh
Pak Xe
Champassak Province
Tel: +856-(0)-31-21-2058
Fax: +856-(0)-31-21-2827

Consular Services
118 Si-Sa-Vang-Vong
Muong Khan-Tha-Bu-Li
Tel: +856-(0)-41-21-2418
Fax: +856-(0)-41-21-2182

BTW, if you extend your visa in VietNam (Tourist visas can be extended in most provincial capitals - other visas ONLY in Ha Noi, Da Nang and HCMC - do NOT pay in USD$ - all companies are required BY LAW to accept VN Dong AND the government will accept either USD$ OR VN Dong - just bought my residential permit by paying in VN Dong.

Finally, there are ATM's in both Dien Bien Phu and Son La.

#3 CatBa has been a member since 5/3/2007. Posts: 349

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.