Text page

Visas and border crossings

Visas and border crossings forum

Thailand visa

Posted by Navy058 on 21/8/2016 at 15:28

Hi,

I'm a little confused on which type of visa I require. I'm a uk citizen and I'm planning a three month journey around Thailand, Laos and Vietnam , one month in each country. I'm arriving in Bangkok, then after around 28 or 29 days moving on to Laos, then Vietnam and finally flying back to Bangkok. So whilst I'm only less than 30 days in Thailand my return flight is 3 months after my arrival date! So what sort of visa do i need? Incidentally I shall be crossing into Laos by land and the same into Vietnam . Any advice anyone can offer will be gratefully received. This is my first 'backpacking' trip and I leave on my seventy second birthday.

#1 Navy058 has been a member since 19/8/2016. Posts: 8

Posted by somtam2000 on 21/8/2016 at 19:15 admin

When you arrive in Thailand, get the visa-free-entry which is 30 days. This will give you enough time to get to Laos. Get visa on arrival for Laos. For Vietnam get your visa beforehand -- either in Bangkok of Vientiane. When you fly back to Bangkok you'll get another visa-free-entry so you again won't need a visa.

Hope that helps

Cheers

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 8,062

Posted by Navy058 on 21/8/2016 at 19:21

Thanks for your advice it's a great help, now I can concentrate on my itinerary.
Regards

#3 Navy058 has been a member since 19/8/2016. Posts: 8

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.