Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

Thialand visa question for multiple entry

Posted by Cateyze9 on 18/7/2017 at 18:36

I am arriving in Bangkok and to use the 30 exempt visa and traveling northern Thialand for a couple weeks then visiting other countries. However I am I departing southeast Asia in Bangkok so I have to re enter Thialand. My question is what visa should I get ? I cant to multi entry as I am unemployed.

#1 Cateyze9 has been a member since 18/7/2017. Posts: 6

Experience the Andaman Sea
Experience the Andaman Sea
Ad Spend 3 days / 2 nights on The Junk
From US$400.

Read more

Posted by DLuek on 19/7/2017 at 00:32 TF writer

How long will you stay in Thailand when you re-enter for your flight home? If it's less than 30 days, you probably don't need to get any visas for Thailand at all, but it depends on your nationality. This page breaks down which nationalities get free 30-day visa-exempt stays.

#2 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,344
 Send DLuek a private message   Twitter   Instagram 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code

Posted by Cateyze9 on 11/8/2017 at 11:58

Hi, I'm from the u.s. when I re enter it will be less then 30 days. However, when I first arrive I'm two to three weeks there before I depart to loas. Do I include the weeks I spent at that time as my 30 days when I re enter? I thinking of going to the Thialand embassy in Cambodia to get an extension on the 30 exempt visa. Thank you for the reply

#3 Cateyze9 has been a member since 18/7/2017. Posts: 6

Posted by DLuek on 13/8/2017 at 02:17 TF writer

You'll get 30 day visa-exempt stays for both entries. So you don't need to get a visa or anything.

#4 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,344
 Send DLuek a private message   Twitter   Instagram 

Posted by deeral on 13/8/2017 at 05:34

US passport holders and those of about 50 other countries don't need a visa to enter Thailand. They are allowed to stay for up to 30 days and will get a stamp to this effect from immigration at the point of entry.

You can do this - officially - twice in one year..........

Furthermore you can extend you stay for a further 30 days by paying 1900 baht at any immigration office.

#5 deeral has been a member since 15/6/2013. Posts: 8
 Send deeral a private message 

Posted by Cateyze9 on 13/8/2017 at 15:44

Great!! Thank you so much for the advise

#6 Cateyze9 has been a member since 18/7/2017. Posts: 6

Posted by shailo on 27/9/2017 at 23:45

If rules for US citizens are same as for FR citizens then:

- For less than 30 days - no need any visa, just 30 days stamp for free.

- For more than 30 but less than 90 days - tourist visa (now can apply for multiple if apply in your home country)

- For more than 90 days - ED-Visa you need to find a school which provides you student status and the letter from MOI for the consulate. I can recommend this Language school on Koh Samui island -
!!! If you stay in Thailand with ED-Visa you can go out of the country only if have a reason (meeting with a doctor for example)! And you can be outside of Thailand no more than 1 week!!!

#7 shailo has been a member since 7/9/2017. Posts: 2

Posted by khunwilco on 28/9/2017 at 03:09

O visa is a legal way to stay for 90 days or up to a year, but you need to ask your consulate what kind of O visas are available. You normally need to show money in a bank etc.

Ed visas are for those studying at a recognised school.

#8 khunwilco has been a member since 30/4/2014. Posts: 13

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.