Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

How to apply for Thai visa from the US

Posted by pobrien1902 on 6/9/2017 at 10:43

I will be traveling in Thailand for 60 days and would like to apply for a 60-day tourist visa. I am flying from the US to Bangkok so I will need to have the visa when I land. I know there is a Thai embassy in Washington, DC, but is there any other way to obtain a visa while I am still in the US? Is there an online option?

I know I can get a 30-day extension on the visa-exempt/visa on arrival option, but since I don't have proof of onward travel within 30 days, I am worried I might be denied boarding by the airline or denied the 30-day visa exemption/VOA once I land in BKK. The 60-day tourist visa seems like the best option.

Thanks in advance!

#1 pobrien1902 has been a member since 4/5/2017. Posts: 3

Posted by DLuek on 7/9/2017 at 00:15 TF writer

The Thai embassies in DC, NY and LA all offer an application by mail service -- details here on the DC embassy website. There are also third-party visa services that will take care of it for a fee, and these usually offer expedited processing. It takes a solid 15 days if doing it through an embassy by mail. In either case you'll have to mail in your passport. I always used to avoid the mail-in option because I didn't feel comfortable putting my passport in the mail. Instead I made acquiring a Thai visa my excuse to spend a few days in NY.

#2 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,285
 Send DLuek a private message   Website   Twitter 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.