Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

border crossing to laos at bo y

Posted by fishtails04 on 13/2/2008 at 13:38

Posted from within Vietnam.

i've screwed up on weather and am altering my plans to continue north to tay trang crossing via sapa as the cold has got to me! backtracking to kon tum to get bus to attapeu, laos, via bo y crossing. i've read that this bus leaves kon tum 3 days a week - does anyone know which days?
thanks

#1 fishtails04 has been a member since 2/1/2008. Posts: 33

Posted by somtam2000 on 13/2/2008 at 16:18 admin

KonTun travel section says:

"The other option is to catch a through bus to Attapeu at 10:00, departures from Kon Tum on Thursday, Friday, and Sunday only, US$20, four to five hours. Make sure you have a valid Laos visa before you hit the border -- no visa on arrival is available. "

Though there is also a report on the Visa FAQ section which suggests the service is now daily...

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,706
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by fishtails04 on 13/2/2008 at 19:18

Posted from within Vietnam.

thanks for that and sorry for asking questions that are answered elsewhere... i do look but my techno skills are limited and i don't always manage to find what i'm looking for as a result! if anyone knows if it is now daily, please let me know - i arriveon a monday so owuld be good not hang around too long as i'm in a bit of a rush,unfortunately...thanks.

#3 fishtails04 has been a member since 2/1/2008. Posts: 33

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.