Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

Multi entry visa for Cambodia

Posted by sgardam on 14/2/2008 at 02:35

I'm entering Cambodia twice in my trip - first through Vietnam and then through Thailand. Can I buy a multi entry visa at the border (most likely Kaam Samnor)? What does it cost?

#1 sgardam has been a member since 12/2/2008. Posts: 2

Experience the Andaman Sea
Experience the Andaman Sea
Ad Spend 3 days / 2 nights on The Junk
From US$400.

Read more

Posted by Lother on 14/2/2008 at 15:25

You'll need to buy a new visa the second time you enter. They're officially 20 $ a pop, though you might need to pay more at some border crossings. The only multientry visas are long-term business visas, which cost a lot more than two tourist visas anyway.

#2 Lother has been a member since 12/5/2006. Location: Earth. Posts: 214
 Send Lother a private message 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code

Posted by somtam2000 on 14/2/2008 at 17:58 admin

No. You cannot buy a multiple entry visa at the border.

If you want multi-entry, you need to get a business visa (same process as tourist visa but it costs US$25) then once in Cambodia, you go to a travel agent and get it extended (either 6 months or a year) and endorsed as multi-entry. The cost is around US$150 for 6 months, $280 for a year.

So as Lother says, cheaper to get two seperate tourist visas.

#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 8,011
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by sgardam on 15/2/2008 at 05:40

Thanks so much for your help! This sight's been super useful as I plan my trip.

#4 sgardam has been a member since 12/2/2008. Posts: 2

Posted by kristinholdo on 9/3/2008 at 15:37

when you have obtained a business visa the fisrt time (USD25), a travel agency can also extend your business visa month by month.

#5 kristinholdo has been a member since 30/11/2007. Posts: 11

Posted by stickmansucks on 12/5/2015 at 08:27


Please can you confirm that rules are the same now?

To get 1 year multientry to Cambodia i just need to get an ordinary visa at Pp airport and extend it the same day in front of airport for $150 ? no documents or reasons asked ?

Thank you.

#6 stickmansucks has been a member since 10/6/2011. Posts: 22

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.