Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

over staying thai 30 day visa by three days exiting at krabi airport?

Posted by tinamars2000 on 23/2/2008 at 17:31

Hello could anyone tell me if i should try to do something about extending my visa for 3 days or will i just turn up at the airport is there any danger in doing so? i heard there was a fine for each day overstayed does anyone know how much or what the best thing for me to do is.I'm flying out of thailand from Krabi.
thank you

#1 tinamars2000 has been a member since 11/12/2007. Posts: 8

Posted by exacto on 25/2/2008 at 00:45

hi tinamars,

are you in thailand already or preparing to arrive? one way to avoid this problem, if you haven't arrived yet, is to apply for a 60-day visa. there is a fee for this, but i think it would be less than the fine for overstaying your visa, which has recently gone up but i'm afraid i can't remember exactly how much.

if you are already in thailand, you can always apply for an extension. but in that case it might be less expensive to just pay the fine. however, thai immigration isn't as friendly as they used to be about overstaying a visa, so i'd at least check with the local thai immigration office (and/or your embassy) to see what they recommend. does that help?

#2 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,685
 Send exacto a private message   Where has exacto been? 

Posted by tinamars2000 on 25/2/2008 at 14:41

yes thank you that does help i'm already in Thailand. I'm in Koh Tao for the next 3 weeks i'm overstaying my visa by 2 days. i'll check to see if in this area if there's a thai immigration office

#3 tinamars2000 has been a member since 11/12/2007. Posts: 8

Posted by ronundoandrach on 26/2/2008 at 11:58

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi. We did the same thing out of Krabi airport at the end of january and it was fine... we just paid a fine. They charge you 500 baht per day overstayed...we'd gone over by 2 days and i thought they might waive the first day, but sadly, not!

#4 ronundoandrach has been a member since 12/2/2008. Posts: 1

Posted by natwest on 11/3/2008 at 17:27

You do not need to do anything at all! You are just wasting your time for extending for 3 days.

My personal experience tells me that you just show up in the airport earlier, and leave plenty of time for the Immigration procedures, then the officer will tell you to go to their office at the side.
(Trust me, there were a big crowd of farang "illegal immigrants"-what a sight!)
As long as you are not overstaying for too long, it's OK. You will be fined 500B/day and once you paid, goodbye, off you go, and you won't be on the black list.

Remember, plenty of time before departure, cos the crowd can be quite chaotic.

#5 natwest has been a member since 6/3/2008. Location: China. Posts: 24
 Twitter 

Posted by tinamars2000 on 11/3/2008 at 22:34

thank you longtail driver thats great to know that we've to arrive much earlier in the airport

#6 tinamars2000 has been a member since 11/12/2007. Posts: 8

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.