Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

Double entry tourist visa in Thailand

Posted by madindaelephant on 13/4/2008 at 09:51

Hello all,

I have a double entry tourist visa (allowing me to stay in Thailand 60 days at a time) at the moment and I've already used up both entries. First entry was in February when I first entered the country and then in late March I went to Myawaddy. My passport says I have to leave the country by May 20.

Before returning to the states I wanted to go to Cambodia, but I'm not sure if I would be able to re-enter Thailand (I'll stay in Bangkok 5 days until my flight). My double entry visa would be finished if I go to Cambodia...would I be issued a standard 30 day visa on arrival if I return to Thailand? I read somewhere that you have to stay out of the country for 90 days after a visa, but I don't know if that applies to double entry tourist visas.

Bottom line: if I leave Thailand, can I get back in? haha. Will immigration see that I've already had a double entry tourist visa and deny me entry?

Thanks for reading this. :)

#1 madindaelephant has been a member since 13/4/2008. Posts: 1

Posted by somtam2000 on 14/4/2008 at 08:09 admin

Assuming you've got your ticket for the flight out, I wouldn't expect you to have any problems getting a thirty day entry after already using up your mutliple entry visa.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,568
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.