Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

Prek Chak / Xa Xia crossing - Visa On Arrival

Posted by apfennell on 20/5/2008 at 23:50

I'm planning to go to Phu Quoc in mid-august for ~4days and then onto Phnom Penh. I was planning to get the boat to Ha Tien from Phu Quoc - can anyone confirm if this is actually running in August (times/cost?)?

My main worry is the crossing to Cambodia and getting a visa - I emailed the Cambodian Embassy in London (I'm actually Irish but they handle Irish requests) and they said Visa On Arrival is available at that crossing. However seeing as I can find no confirmation of this online by travel agencies or personal accounts I was hoping someone in the know could tell me if that is actually the case?

And if so how much is it (presumably the same as other checkpoints - $20?)? does it take long to process? and do I need to bring along passport photos?

If it is not possible does anyone have a recommendation on my getting from Phu Quoc to Phnom Penh in a single day?

I don't have great faith in the embassy as you can probably tell!

#1 apfennell has been a member since 14/5/2008. Posts: 3

Posted by apfennell on 21/5/2008 at 21:51

An update - The embassy in London replied initially to my asking about this checkpoint with;

"Yes you could apply at the crossing point...

Cambodian Embassy

And in classically Cambodian fashion, & confirming my lack of faith in them, the embassy wrote back to my querying this (because I could find little evidence on the internet confirming their story) with;

"Sorry we have never been there...

So now I really need confirmation from anyone who's been thru the checkpoint or is in the know!!

#2 apfennell has been a member since 14/5/2008. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.