Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

Vietnam - Visa on arrival - does it work?

Posted by sprengja on 13/11/2008 at 00:43

We plan to fly to Saigon from Bangkok. As we stay in Bangkok just for 4 hours we have to get visa for Vietnam in advance. There are some offers in the internet that you can get visa on arrival for vietnam. They charge you about 12 Euro and you get a visa approval letter. They say you have to show it at the airport and will get a visa for US$ 25,-. This seems much cheaper than if you try to get the visa at the embassy in Austria (€ 72,-) - but does it work??? Who has experience with this visa on arrival?
Maybe you know a good adress to get this visa. It is not possible to get this approval letter from the embassy in Austria - they told me that nothing like this exists!
Thanks for your answer!

#1 sprengja has been a member since 10/11/2007. Posts: 4

Posted by somtam2000 on 14/11/2008 at 03:44 admin

Yes, this service does exist, though I've not used it myself. perhaps others who have will be able to chip in.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,652
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.