Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

Visa entries for Thailand

Posted by rayad on 19/11/2008 at 11:54

Can anyone help out with this problem. I am currently travelling for 6 months and got a 2 entry tourist visa for Thailand before leaving. This gives me 60 days stay per time. I am now on my 2nd entry which expires in Jan 2009. I would like to visit Malaysia and have been told that I don't need a visa (I'm British), however if I went in nov./dec. would I be able to get back into Thailnad on my same visa as it won't have expired? I want to go asap rather than waiting to maybe get a 30 day tourist visa in mid Dec.

Any help would be great thanks.

P.S- I am going to be overstaying my Thai visa by 1 day, will I be charged 500 bhat or do they let you off? I've heard different stories!

#1 rayad has been a member since 19/11/2008. Posts: 6

Posted by somtam2000 on 20/11/2008 at 09:32 admin

Your visa is a dual entry and each entry is for a maximum of 60 days. This means that if you're on your second stay and you leave, that's it -- your next entry will be a third entry, so you'll need a new visa or a 30-day visa free stay.

Overstay -- it varies -- be polite and smile -- that works for some.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,652
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by rayad on 21/11/2008 at 12:35

Thanks for your help! very clear imformation which will help me decide my plans!

#3 rayad has been a member since 19/11/2008. Posts: 6

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.