Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

thai border requirements

Posted by jacqueline252 on 30/1/2009 at 09:54

Hi, just wondering how strict the thai authorities are about showing that a travaller has sufficient funds for their stay? i have 2 credit cards with 6000E limit on them which is more than enough but ive no way to show it as i cant print a statement and dont have a hard copy

#1 jacqueline252 has been a member since 12/1/2009. Posts: 3

Posted by sabaisabai on 31/1/2009 at 08:07

Hi, I've been in and out of Thailand dozens of times and never never ever been asked anything about proving I had enough money. Anecdotal I know, but I'd say you don't need to worry about it.

#2 sabaisabai has been a member since 2/3/2005. Posts: 10

Posted by BigRoss on 8/2/2009 at 12:03

Ive never been asked anything either, (in thirty years of visiting SE Asia) but I am elderly and prosperous looking. My sons, (who dress like refugees from Woodstock) have each been in and out of Thailand many times, and no one ever asked them either. If you're worried, just dress up a little for your arrival.

#3 BigRoss has been a member since 17/2/2007. Posts: 19

Posted by Lother on 8/2/2009 at 21:13

Yeah, I wouldn't worry about. Me or anyone I know (well or terribly dressed, mostly nationals of Western countries but a few Africans too) have never been asked for such proof either.

#4 Lother has been a member since 12/5/2006. Location: Earth. Posts: 214
 Send Lother a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.