Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

Extending tourist visa in Thailand

Posted by scarletina on 25/3/2009 at 07:00

Hiya! I've got a single entry tourist visa, valid for sixty days, and I wanted to extend this for another thirty. Question is, does my original tourist visa have to be close to expiring before I can get the other thirty days, or can I just add them on to the sixty as soon as I get into bangkok, to give me a full ninety days out there? I'm wanting to be doing island hopping and it would be such a nuisance to have to do a visa run or to hurry back to bangkok half way through my trip to extend my visa! Cheers for any advice.

#1 scarletina has been a member since 23/3/2009. Posts: 2

Posted by somtam2000 on 25/3/2009 at 07:25 admin

Extension starts from when it is issued (as far as I'm aware) so you'll need to get it done at the end of your visa. No need to go to Bangkok -- depending on the island you're on, other, closer immigration offices should be able to assist.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,565
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.