Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

motorbiking across borders Vietman/cambodia/laos/thailand

Posted by stewraz on 25/3/2009 at 08:00

Hi guys, can i please get some advice for a trip i will be performing very soon.

Me and a friend are planning on flying into Vietnam, purchasing a motorbike, and proceeding to ride for 3 months. We will be crossing the borders into Cambodia, Laos, Thailand.

now. we understand that it is actually not legal for a tourist to purchase a motorbike in Vietnam, but the authorities turn a blind eye, is this correct?

but everyone gets away with it, so im not to worried about that. what i cant find information on is how easy it is to take the same bike across all borders. has anyone done this? i am planning on getting a bike and obtaining ownership papers etc, will this suffice?

any information is much appreciated. We are Aussies if that makes any difference, and have already sussed out visas etc.

#1 stewraz has been a member since 25/3/2009. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.