Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

vietnam visa

Posted by JamesHamblin on 8/4/2009 at 17:47

I fly into Bangkok and want to eventually make my way to vietnam. I know i can get a Laos and Cambodia visa on the border, and i have heard i can get a vietnamese visa at the embassay in bangkok. I was wondering how long it takes for the visa to be obtained when in bangkok. I am stayin in bangkok for two nights so hope it can be done in that time.

thank you

#1 JamesHamblin has been a member since 7/4/2009. Posts: 14

Posted by jareduk on 8/4/2009 at 19:02

If you go via Cambodia it is far easier to get your Vietnam visa in either Battamabang or Sihanoukville, I have heard that it is far quicker to get them from here.

If you search around on ther forumns there are a couple of posts with regards to this.

#2 jareduk has been a member since 13/11/2008. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 21

Posted by timpdx on 1/5/2009 at 06:43

It is easy to get your Vietnam visa in Phnom Penh. I got mine on a Saturday, in just a few hours. Numerous agents can get it done quick there, if that is where your travel plans take you. Cambodia is the easiest place to get the visa.

#3 timpdx has been a member since 1/5/2009. Posts: 3

Posted by chicho83 on 1/5/2009 at 17:52

Posted from within Vietnam.

I got my vietnamese visa in sihanoukville, cambodia. Easiest visa ive ever had, took 15 minutes. Just filled in a short form (which they quickly helped with any queries), paid the fee and 15 minutes later, hey presto! got mine 3 weeks ago

#4 chicho83 has been a member since 30/12/2008. Posts: 23

Posted by monicon on 11/12/2009 at 08:13

All this info on obtaining a viet visa in PP is interesting but sometimes confusing. I will be in PP about noon on the 6th Jan 2010 & intend to leave on the 8th around 10am. I am hoping that this will be sufficient time to get a visa. Any comments? Also can anyone give me the name & address of a reliable & reputable agent that can handle this for me. There will be 5 visa in all.
Thanks for any help.

#5 monicon has been a member since 22/11/2009. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.