This site is fantastic...
I am flying into Bangkok on 17th Sept from Singapore.. I have an English passport and have a flight out of Bangkok to England on 22nd Oct .. A few things that I want to ask..
1. I know my flight is more than 30 days from when I arrive in Bangkok but I am actually only looking at staying in Thailand for less that a week as I will be going to cambodia vietnam and laos. So was thinking would it be ok if I got the 30 free day visa when I arrive in Bangkok? Then when I cross the thailand border to get my return flight I could just get the 15 day free visa ?
2. Is it easier just to get the vietnam and cambodia visa at the embassy in Bangkok ? The Laos Visa is that ok to get at the border?
3. I only have 5 weeks to travel to all these places .... I am getting a good idea from this website of this to do .. but what would be the best route from bangkok and bearing in mind it is such a short period ? Any places I should skip to make it shorter ?
4. Also a german friend is travelling with me just want to make sure that with regards to visa information it will be the same for a german passport vs British passport ...
Would really appreciate anyones help ..
Thank you . :)
#1 lauren8 has been a member since 25/5/2009. Posts: 1
2. If you're going to Phnom Penh before Vietnam, I'd get your Vn visa there. Otherwise Bangkok. For Laos, what border crossing are you planning on using? Many offer visa on arrival.
3. Best to take a look at the regional trips in the suggested itinerary section -- that should give you some ideas on what is and isn't possible in five weeks, but off the cuff, I'd seriously consider saving Vietnam for another trip. https://www.travelfish.org/trip_planner/thailand-indochina-tour1
4. Should be the same -- I'm not really up on German visa requirements, but I'd guess them to be the same. If in doubt, contact the relevant embassy.
Glad to hear you're finding the site helpful!
#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,652
Send somtam2000 a private message Where has somtam2000 been? Website Twitter Facebook Flickr Google+ Instagram Pinterest
Somtam has suggested you rethink the area you seek to cover.
I'd coudn't agree more.
Lonely Planet has a book "Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, & The Greater Mekong". It may be a good reference text.
When you look at that text, scope the area in the map at the front and factor in travel times (etc.), 5 weeks isn't much time to see the area, let alone experience all that it has to offer.
Have a look at:
Maybe travelling less and enjoying more might then appeal.