Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

Indonesia Visa in Bangkok

Posted by smkuchta on 11/6/2009 at 16:31

The wife and I just got our Indonesian Visas in Bangkok and I thought I'd summarize the process asI couldn't find anything already out there.

Visa application is 9-12 M-F. Pickup is 1400-1500, two days later.

We arrived Tues morning about 855am, nobody waiting out front, the door opened 5 minutes later and we submitted our application, copy of itinerary showing flight out of Indonesia,2 photos each, a copy of each passport and $45 each (1 CAN & 1 USA passport).

Embassy website says bank statement is required which we had but the lady didn't seem too interested. We don't look like "backpackers" so not sure if that was the reason or if they just don't care.

We returned Thursday afternoon at 2pm again no line, received our passports and were on our way.

Very painless, no lineups. Take the skytrain to Ratchathewi and the embassy is a few hundred meters walk from there.

#1 smkuchta has been a member since 10/8/2007. Posts: 72
 Website 

Posted by busylizzy on 11/6/2009 at 16:52

Was that for the 60-day visa?

#2 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,155
 Where has busylizzy been? 

Posted by smkuchta on 11/6/2009 at 20:29

Yes visa on arrival is available for many countries but it is for 30 days if you want 60 days you have to apply (+ pay) for a visa in advance.

#3 smkuchta has been a member since 10/8/2007. Posts: 72
 Website 

Posted by somtam2000 on 12/6/2009 at 09:57 admin

smkuchta - good info - thanks for the report :-)

#4 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,565
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by farsidetravel on 17/6/2009 at 14:59

I would like to get a 60 day visa for Indonesia. I will be traveling from Bangkok to Kuala Lumpur to Bali and back to Kuala Lumpur. I do not know how long I will stay in Kuala Lumpur so I can't book a ticket yet.

I believe the 60 day visa has to be used within 90 days of being issued.

Do you have to show an actual purchased ticket or just a printout of what your itinerary is (showing the flight times)? I prefer to get the visa stamp while I am in Bangkok rather than wait.

#5 farsidetravel has been a member since 29/5/2009. Posts: 4

Posted by cbg0927 on 20/5/2014 at 04:14

Posted from within Vietnam.

I'm with @farsidetravel - most places I've looked online say that you need proof of an onward ticket for the Indonesian visa. Can anyone testify to submitting an application without this piece? Will a reservation do? Is there any way to reason with the officials and give them a legitimate excuse as to why I haven't purchased an onward ticket? (something like: I plan on volunteering in Sumatra and converting my visa into a social visa, or I haven't yet been accepted to my volunteer program in the Philippines thus why I haven't purchased my ticket)

Or is the purchased onward plane ticket out of Indonesia a strict requirement for the issuance of this visa?

#6 cbg0927 has been a member since 30/7/2013. Location: United States. Posts: 62
 Where has cbg0927 been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.