Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

Lost: Vietnam 6 month multi-entry visa

Posted by chris7772 on 20/6/2009 at 12:22

i'm in vientaine, and applied for a laos visa extension, which i got, relatively hassle free. i say relatively, because in the process my vietnam visa was misplaced. i badly need it, since i'll be traveling back to vietnam in september to go back to the states. i have to wait until the immigration office opens on monday to see if they can locate it, but if not, i intend to go to the vietnamese consulate and see what they can do. has this happened to anyone before? can i get a replacement at the consulate? is it a drawn out process? or do i just have to purchase another? help!

#1 chris7772 has been a member since 13/6/2009. Posts: 2

Posted by chris7772 on 22/6/2009 at 12:01

alright, just in case anyone is interested, i made it to the vietnam consulate here in vientiane this morning. they informed me that i'll just have to purchase another visa for 140USD (6 month multi) or 50USD (30 day single entry). they were a bit cheeky with me, though. i was told that it was same day service, but when i paid, they said "see you tomorrow, 9AM!". could have been a language difficulty, i don't know...

anyway, happy to be back in action, nonetheless.

#2 chris7772 has been a member since 13/6/2009. Posts: 2

Posted by somtam2000 on 22/6/2009 at 12:08 admin

OK -- thanks for the report back -- good information.

#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,652
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.