Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

Laos visa at Bo Y?

Posted by smartlyndy on 24/6/2009 at 22:21

Is it possible to get a visa at the border at Bo Y when crossing from Viet Nam?

#1 smartlyndy has been a member since 7/5/2009. Posts: 33

Posted by smartlyndy on 27/6/2009 at 20:57

Hi all
I've just re-read my prvious post and realised how abrupt it is! We're in the final week of getting ready for 3 months in SE Asia so my brains are a bit fried!
Can anyone help with my query about visas at Bo Y? Only 5 more sleeps to go!!!
Thanks

#2 smartlyndy has been a member since 7/5/2009. Posts: 33

Posted by BruceMoon on 28/6/2009 at 19:41

smartlyndy

Go to the first post in this section and everything you ever wanted to know about visa's is revealed...

In case your anticipation for a great holiday is fudging your rationale, go to:

https://www.travelfish.org/board/post/visabordercrossings/172_visa-and-border-crossing-news---please-read-this-before-postting-#lv

Also, read some of the other posts ( I typed in 'Bo Y' in the Search Travelfish' box up on the left of the grey area)..

https://www.travelfish.org/board/post/vietnam/5549_danang--or-hoi-an--to-bo-y-border-crossing-into-lao

Cheers

#3 BruceMoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Posted by BruceMoon on 28/6/2009 at 19:42

ps.

I'm a bit envious of someone about to embark on a 3 month journey to SEA.

But, have a great journey.

Cheers

#4 BruceMoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Posted by smartlyndy on 29/6/2009 at 07:06

Hi Bruce
Thanks - have read both of these before - both have good info and one describes visa requirements when crossing from Laos to VN but we'll be going the other way.
Can you help Somtam?
Thanks for travel wishes - will have a BeerLao for you!!
Lyndall

#5 smartlyndy has been a member since 7/5/2009. Posts: 33

Posted by somtam2000 on 29/6/2009 at 07:42 admin

Hi Lyndall,

Sorry, I missed this one. I don't have firm info on this, but would say I am almost sure it is available. I know that's not much use, but it's the best I can offer sorry. Our researcher crossed from Laos to Vietnam twice using that crossing, but on both times he forgot to check for Laos visa on arrival... yeah I know - can't get good help these days!

#6 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,706
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by BruceMoon on 29/6/2009 at 07:47

smartlyndy

Have you contacted the Laos embassy in your country and asked them?

Alternatively, wait till you're in SE Asia and get a visa there (eg. in Hanoi).

I saw this website that may help - it says visa on arrival is OK (but it's not a gov't website):

http://www.indochina-packagetours.com/visa-to-laos.html

Hope this helps

Cheers

#7 BruceMoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Posted by smartlyndy on 29/6/2009 at 10:26

Many thanks to you both. Dont think I'll sack you just yet somtam!!
I think your link answers my question Bruce - I'll trust that it's accurate.
Will let you know how it pans out.

Lyndall

#8 smartlyndy has been a member since 7/5/2009. Posts: 33

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.