The last post on this topic is over 2 yrs old, so I thought I would see if anyone has any updates. I'm debating whether to do this leg by plane ($190 on Vietnam Air is the cheapest I've found) or bus and have some questions about traveling by bus.
1. Are there any direct buses from Siem Reap to HCMC or will I have to buy 2 seperate tickets: SR to PP then PP to HCMC?
2. Can this trip be done overland in 1 day?
3. I know the Bavet / Moc Bai border crossing is the most popular, so does that mean its quick and simple to get through or crowded and slow? I already have my Vietnam tourist visa.
4. How much will it cost to travel overland?
5. Anything else I should know?
Thanks in advance!
#1 jdahm17 has been a member since 17/7/2009. Posts: 5
1. I'm not aware of same. It's as you assume (for time reasons).
2. It's 5 to 6 hours SR > PP, and 6 or so hours.
3. I haven't actually used, but info given is that it's a straight through run - except that all the bus pax must be 'processed' before continuing the journey.
4. A year ago, SR - PP US$10, and I think the PP > HCMC was US$12. Go here to check for yourself.
5. I'd suggest a more reputable company such as Capitol or Mekong Express over other offerings.