Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

Cambodia EVisa Scheme

Posted by tails101 on 9/9/2009 at 17:25

With trepidation knowing all the problems there have been with the Cambodia eVisa system, I decided to take the plunge and have a go...

The site I used was http://evisa.mfaic.gov.kh/e-visa/vindex.aspx?PortDir=Asc&VisaApplicationDir=Asc

I don't enter Cambodia until 11th October, so I can't guarentee I will get in, but with a few hiccups I do now possess what appears to be a valid Cambodian eVisa.

The major hiccup was that after payment had been processed the site goes to a non-existant page. However, it does appear all has been processed as it should as when you use the Check and Change system it shows Payment approved.

Less than 24 hours after applying I had an e-mail confirming my Visa had been accepted and I could print out two copies to take with me.

Will keep you posted as to what actually happens when I arrive in Cambodia and whether it was worth the $5 processing fee in reduced wait times/hassle etc.

As an aside, I have also booked to fly between Siem Reap and Phnom Penh with the new national carrier. I'm taking my parents to Cambodia for the first time and didn't think they would appreciate a 5-6 hours bus journey all that much, esepcially as we only have two weeks. The flight cost $64 including all taxes. Will keep you posted on what the airline is like etc!

#1 tails101 has been a member since 1/4/2006. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 105
 Twitter 

Posted by prana16 on 9/9/2009 at 18:12

I was in Cambodia last week and got an evisa. It was painless and worked beautifully and allowed me to ignore all the visa sellers on both sides of the border. In and out of immigration in a couple minutes.
It is true though that when going through the process after payment, you get to a point were the page doesn't load. But after checking it seems everything has gone through. My girlfriend also got one separately and had the same experience.

#2 prana16 has been a member since 22/6/2009. Posts: 17

Posted by prana16 on 9/9/2009 at 18:13

I was in Cambodia last week and got an evisa. It was painless and worked beautifully and allowed me to ignore all the visa sellers on both sides of the border. In and out of immigration in a couple minutes.
It is true though that when going through the process after payment, you get to a point were the page doesn't load. But after checking it seems everything has gone through. My girlfriend also got one separately and had the same experience.

#3 prana16 has been a member since 22/6/2009. Posts: 17

Posted by somtam2000 on 9/9/2009 at 18:16 admin

Cambodia's latest airline -- yes do report on how they are.

Past Khmer airlines include (c/-Wiki:
Air Cambodia
Angkor Airways
Cambodia Airlines
Cambodia Angkor Air
Kampuchea Airlines
President Airlines
PMTair
Royal Khmer Airlines
Royal Phnom Penh Airways
Siem Reap Airways

Lot of airlines for a small country!

#4 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,576
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by tails101 on 10/9/2009 at 22:37

Thanks prana16... I'm pretty confident I found the right site so all should be well - especially as my experience of getting the visa gels with yours!

As I said, my parents are joining me on this trip as they wanted to visit Cambodia and either I'll be laughing as I'll be through immigration in a few mins, or they'll be laughing when I have to buy a new visa! I'm hoping I'm the one laughing!

Somtam - will certainly report back on the new airline after the journey! It certainly is an impressive amount of airlines for a small-ish country to rack up!

#5 tails101 has been a member since 1/4/2006. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 105
 Twitter 

Posted by rachelmoss99 on 2/10/2009 at 16:57

I've been trying to get e-visas but keep coming up with a system error. Has anyone got one in the last week or so?

#6 rachelmoss99 has been a member since 2/10/2009. Posts: 2

Posted by RedSalmon on 10/11/2009 at 15:16

I applied for my e-visa this morning and it was approved in a couple of hours. The website: http://evisa.mfaic.gov.kh/e-visa/vindex.aspx
is very user-friendly. It was a very pleasant experience, I'll give it thumbs-up and applause! Can't wait to visit Cambodia.

#7 RedSalmon has been a member since 10/11/2009. Posts: 2

Posted by rachelmoss99 on 11/11/2009 at 03:31

Yes in the end I did the same as you & received it very quickly.
Was brilliant at customs - everyone else had to queue for a visa
& we whizzed through! Loved Cambodia. Have a great trip!

#8 rachelmoss99 has been a member since 2/10/2009. Posts: 2

Posted by RedSalmon on 12/11/2009 at 08:26

Many thanks!

#9 RedSalmon has been a member since 10/11/2009. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.