Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

another thai visa question!

Posted by psridley7 on 2/11/2009 at 15:10

Posted from within Vietnam.

I am travelling to cambodia for one month on the 14th November and will be leaving on the 14th december. What i would like to know is if i apply for a tourist visa in Phnom Phenm will i have to book a flight or will they stamp that tourist visa for a month or longer on an overland crossing also note that i have had a tourist visa and stayed for two weeks in september. A clear concise answer on the border issue would be much apprecited as every forum i look at seems to make no sense to me on the tourist visa overland issue Thank you in advance so much as i bet you are sick of answering this question.

#1 psridley7 has been a member since 23/7/2009. Posts: 3

Posted by somtam2000 on 3/11/2009 at 10:46 admin


Ok, it works like this:

Thailand has a "visa free entry" open to some nationalities. If you arrive by air, you get 30-days. If you arrive by land you get 15 days.

If you get a tourist visa, it is generally valid for two months, single entry. SOME consulates and embassies are requiring tickets out of the country, others are not. If you get a tourist visa in Phnom Penh, you should be granted a two month stay upon arrival at the land border at Poipet.

Your previous visa doesn't matter - unless it was a multiple entry visa, it is now void.

Yes I'm sick of answering questions like this, but I'm more sick of the Thais forever changing their visa rules! ;-)

More questions, ask away.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,941
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Instagram   Pinterest 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code

Posted by psridley7 on 5/11/2009 at 15:45

Posted from within Vietnam.

that was excellent thank you so much.

#3 psridley7 has been a member since 23/7/2009. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.