Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

passport photos?

Posted by jasonkim8486 on 27/11/2009 at 01:22

is it true that passport photos are needed along with passports to cross borders? say thailand into laos?

#1 jasonkim8486 has been a member since 15/9/2009. Location: United States. Posts: 81

Posted by exacto on 27/11/2009 at 22:33


yes, it is generally true that you'll be asked to produce two passport photos at border crossings, such as going into laos or cambodia. i don't recall ever being asked for photos crossing back into thailand, but i was required to provide two photos with my tourist visa application i mailed to the thai consulate in los angeles.

anyway, just like everything else in SEA, it varies. at some border crossings, they will care less, but at other ones they'll insist. sometimes they can take the photos for you, usually for an additional $1 charge or so.

you can always stop by almost any photo shop in SEA and have a few passport-style photos taken for not too much money. besides, its a good idea to have a few extras on hand when you travel. cheers.

#2 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,764
 Send exacto a private message   Where has exacto been? 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code

Posted by idreamofdurian on 27/11/2009 at 23:01 TF writer

To enter Laos you require a visa. Your visa can be processed at the border, but it does require a passsport photo (ditto for Cambodia, Vietnam visa is usually done in advance and requires one too!).

It is a very good idea to travel with some extra passport sized photos.

A lot of malls (in Thailand, Singapore, etc.) also have photo booths where you can get passport sized photos printed in a couple minutes.

#3 idreamofdurian has been a member since 5/9/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 576
 Send idreamofdurian a private message   Website   Twitter   Flickr  

Posted by justme44 on 28/11/2009 at 22:09

If you want to make a passport photo as quickly as possible, you can use the website.
It knows numerous standards and print sizes.
Its free.

#4 justme44 has been a member since 28/11/2009. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.