Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

Oops, how long does it take to get through customs at BKK?

Posted by robhip on 2/2/2010 at 13:17

Hello, I need a little advice (even though I feel like I already know the answer)--> Girlfriend and I have connecting flights from BKK to HKT at 12:25 on 2/22. Our flight from SAI-BKK is scheduled to arrive at 11:15... do we have any chance to get our packs, go through customs and still make our flight to Phuket? (note: we will have already been in Bangkok on 2/11) Thanks for any info and feel free to call me an idiot for booking the flights so closely together.

#1 robhip has been a member since 29/12/2009. Posts: 2

Posted by milliec86 on 2/2/2010 at 14:46

Hi!

BKK is a pretty big airport. It will take you a while just to walk from one side to another. Pretty sure you won't have enough time! If you need to book another flight, I got a really cheap one on sale through Air Asia for the 20/02, so probably will be similar ($20.00). Otherwise try Nok Air. Not sure if they still fly to phuket but they used to.

Good Luck!

Millie

#2 milliec86 has been a member since 9/12/2008. Posts: 1

Posted by DLuek on 3/2/2010 at 02:02 TF writer

Immigration usually doesn't take that long. I'd say the biggest hold up will be if you have to wait for checked baggage. Can you bring your packs as carry-ons? Never say never... You can do it - just hijack one of those little carts and make it happen! Otherwise get yourself in shape and be ready for a run! I'm predicting you'll make it. Good luck!

#3 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,185
 Send DLuek a private message   Website   Twitter 

Posted by robhip on 8/3/2010 at 07:02

Hey, thanks for the replies! I just ended up switching it to a later flight... but I feel like I would have made it. I guess we'll never know :) Back at work now, but all I can think about was how great that trip was. Happy trails!

#4 robhip has been a member since 29/12/2009. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.