Photo: How long can you commit for?

Volunteering in Asia forum

Volunteer at English Language School, Stung Treng, Cambodia

Posted by chikey on 10/3/2011 at 19:43

Hey Guys,
Had a really great experience recently whilst in StungTreng, Cambodia. Most people pass through this little town on their wayto or from Laos but if you do stay, even 1 night and you are a nativeEnglish speaker (or even if your English is really good and it's yoursecond language) the local students would love to practice theirEnglish with you!
Students at Stung Treng's 'Eastern InternationalSchool' don't usually get the opportunity to get to talk to awesterner. It was almost embarrassing when I was there how excitedeveryone was. It can be hard for students to approach tourists withoutthem thinking that there is some kind of tout involved, which I cantotally understand. These kids/teens really need to talk to nativespeakers if their English is to improve. At the moment most of theteachers are students themselves. In fact at 26 I was the oldest personin the school by about 4 years.
If you are interested in going andhaving a chat for an hour between 5.30pm- 6.30pm (longer if you want)contact details are below.
Thanks for reading this and travel safe

PS Opportunities are also available to volunteer long term with foodand lodging paid for by the school, ask the teachers for furtherdetails.

Eastern International School
Teacher: Bin Yan
Tel: 017580836 (Cambodia)

Teacher: Ravuth

#1 chikey has been a member since 1/1/2011. Posts: 4

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.