Photo: How long can you commit for?

Volunteering in Asia forum

Thailand, Vietam, Indonesia

Posted by liltraveler on 21/11/2011 at 15:08

I am leaving in January to travel solo for the next 6 months. I am looking for free and reputable volunteer organizations in Thailand, Vietnam, and Indonesia. I have a lot of experience with leading and participating in various volunteer or service work. I am looking for environmental organizations, children, and community development. I do not speak any of the languages in the region, but am going to get certified to teach English before I leave if that is helpful.
Please let me know if you have any suggestions or advise. I already have two places set up in Cambodia where I will be spending a minimum of one month at each. I have lived and worked on an organic farm my whole life, I did my final thesis paper on the importance of Community gardens, I worked as a service learning student leader at my college for other peers, currently run a local youth group, worked at a homeless shelter for a year and have a genuine interest in getting to know local communities, since I have no experience in South East Asia.

#1 liltraveler has been a member since 14/11/2011. Location: United States. Posts: 6
 Send liltraveler a private message 

Posted by Ngoalong_ts on 24/12/2011 at 10:36

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi there, I'm a Vietnamese.
I think I can help you if you visit my city, Da Nang. I can introduce you to my university and they'll recommend many volunteer work to you. We've done the work like that with two German and French ^^! They stayed with our foreign teachers. BTW, if you plan to discover the central part Viet Nam. I can also help you ^^!

#2 Ngoalong_ts has been a member since 24/12/2011. Posts: 9

Posted by Annie_cutie on 26/2/2012 at 22:51

Dear liltraveler,
I'm Vietnamese and I'm working for VPV organization (Volunteer for Peace Vietnam). If you want to do volunteer in Vietnam, email us: You can choose to do volunteer weekly or participate 2 week workcamp. Local volunteer will help you during the time you stay in Vietnam. For more information, please visit our website Cheers ^^

#3 Annie_cutie has been a member since 26/2/2012. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.