Photo: How long can you commit for?

Volunteering in Asia forum

Volunteering english teachingin Cambodia and Laos?

Posted by Donman1990 on 10/4/2012 at 01:57

I'm planning on doing 3-4 months backpacking next year through Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam. during this time I'm really hoping to do some volunteer English teaching, particularly in Cambodia, but I'd also be happy to do some in Laos. The main question I have is, to what extent do you need to organize this before leaving? Is it easy enough to do a 2-4 weeks of volunteer work in these areas just through meeting people in the area, or do I have to go through an application system before I leave? If this is the case, what are some good organisations? I'm not really looking to do one of those pay $2000 and work, I'm happy to fully support my self and volunteer this way! any general suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm also a qualified Secondary English Teacher (or will be at the end of the year) if this changes anything.

#1 Donman1990 has been a member since 7/4/2012. Posts: 34

Posted by sayadian on 10/4/2012 at 04:30

You can teach english in Cambodia and get $10 an hour for it.You'll still get the experience of teaching and you won't be putting anybody out of a job.

#2 sayadian has been a member since 15/1/2008. Posts: 1,557
 Send sayadian a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.