Photo: How long can you commit for?

Volunteering in Asia forum

Volunteering thailand/ Cambodia

Posted by Rada32 on 14/4/2012 at 13:14

I'm currently backpacking through Thailand and plan to go to Cambodia for approximately a month the end of may. I'm hoping to Volunteer to teach English during some of my time in both Thailand and Cambodia, maybe 2 weeks in each, and was wondering of anyone who has done this could recommend any particular schools or has any advice at all?

I'm a newbie and solo traveller and any advice would be greatly appreciated :) x

#1 Rada32 has been a member since 14/4/2012. Posts: 1

Posted by hippie on 20/1/2013 at 19:47

Well for thailand you might be able to get a paying job that offers housing to teach English but you will need cert. try this site it might be of help.www.

#2 hippie has been a member since 19/1/2013. Posts: 6

Posted by tatspaghetti on 26/1/2013 at 08:30

Rada we need an English teacher for 3 different types of school. One is with mahouts, one is with the local village and one is staff from where we are. They are evening sessions for one hour and the rest of the time is spent working with animals. Due to the rules of these forums I can't give you the link or my -mail but if you do a quick google search for volunteer work at Safari Parks in Thailand you can find us :)

#3 tatspaghetti has been a member since 28/9/2012. Posts: 12
 Send tatspaghetti a private message 

Posted by somtam2000 on 26/1/2013 at 17:47 admin

@tatspagetti Rada's post was from almost a year ago, so think their one month trip might be over ;-)

Locking this thread off.

#4 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,652
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

This discussion has been locked by a moderator.