Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

start malaysia-march/return 6 weeks

Posted by lemonhead on 10/8/2010 at 08:40

have toured thailand up through the centre last august and down the mekong through loas.would like tips on similar trip to cambodia and on to vietnam,have wife and budget both sometimes delicate. last trip was wet season with no rain at all,prefer bus traveland2-3star accomm. the coast and islands of cambodia seem like a good start and finish any ideas? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,967 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by lemonhead on 16/9/2010 at 08:56

Cambodian visa on arrival in US Cash?

Posted by mckayb on 9/8/2010 at 13:14

I was in Hanoi and tried to withdraw US cash from ANZ bank but they told me they only dispense VND. I used up all my US cash already in Laos and Vietnam...Now I know you pay for your Cambodian visa in US cash. Is there a bank in HCMC that dispenses US cash? If not would I be able to pay in VND? If that is not the case either what do ppl recommed I do? I cannot get the E Visa as they dont accept that at the border crossing... Cheers Ben ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,621 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by svendj on 16/9/2010 at 08:56

Bokor Mountain - See it before it's gone!

Posted by docgliv on 23/11/2006 at 22:57

Bokor Mountain was one of the most special places we visited in Cambodia (Nov 2006). Besides the refreshing cool breeze and climate, it is a magical atmosphere. One can wonder for hours around the hillsides walking through the ruins and imagining the French colonial architecture were intact. The road was absolutely horrible and be warned that several (larger) tourists vehicles did not make it, though our Toyota Corolla driver magically maneuvered the car-sized pot holes. Accomodations are ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,475 times, with 20 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 16/9/2010 at 08:56

Cracking pics from Cambodia

Posted by somtam2000 on 12/8/2010 at 20:49

Sort of midway through photo stuff for the new TF site and came across this outstanding collection of pics from Cambodia that have been linked into the Travelfish pool. There's some great pics in there, so if you're looking for a reason to get those feet itching, take a look! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,551 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Sampan on 16/9/2010 at 08:55

How much for overstays??

Posted by mikethediver on 15/8/2010 at 14:49

Hi all, Anyone know how much an overstay is in Cambodia and how easy it is to sort out? Looks like being 3 days, (which will cost me 1,500 baht in Thailand.) I cross into Thailand at Koh Krong near Trat. Cheers, Mike ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,921 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by sayadian on 16/9/2010 at 08:54

Two weeks in cambodia from south laos , need help

Posted by itayze on 14/8/2010 at 00:05

Hi guys , somehow I got extra two weeks in my trip (orignally two month in thialand-laos) , I though about going from south laos in cambodia and then to retuen to bangkok (or the islands but I don't if I can ) . I'm in thailand right now and could really help some suggestion for a general plan for two weeks starting from Laos isands into cambodia or guidelines for that trip . Itay. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,324 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by svendj on 16/9/2010 at 08:53

scuba diving

Posted by Joss369 on 15/8/2010 at 19:31

Seeing as I have a bit of extra cash and time to spend in Cambodia, I was wondering if any of you had experience with diving schools. I would like to complete a full PADI course and was told that this would be cheaper and better than in Thailand... can that be true?? Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,146 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Joss369 on 16/9/2010 at 08:53

This song is great

Posted by MADMAC on 19/8/2010 at 11:15

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcdgLclFWOU The language is Khmer. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,177 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by Archmichael on 16/9/2010 at 08:53

getting perscriptions in cambodia.

Posted by weiniswrinkle on 19/8/2010 at 08:28

how hard is it to get vicodin, and/or xanax prescriptions in cambodia? and what are costs? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,111 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by toxic8 on 16/9/2010 at 08:51

Leonard Cohen in November

Posted by theshortestfuse on 23/6/2010 at 17:54

Hello, Did you all hear that Leonard Cohen will be playing at the Olympic Stadium in PP this November? I am already going to be in Cambodia for 3 weeks beginning on July 2, but now feel I need to return in November to catch this once-in-a-lifetime concert! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,638 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by sayadian on 16/9/2010 at 08:50

travel plans.

Posted by Joss369 on 10/8/2010 at 21:39

Hello all. I land in Bangkok on the 28th of September, I was planning of a couple of days there then heading down south past pattaya to the hat lek boarder crossing to Cambodia. Take a scuba diving course (not too Fussed)and then a slow tour around, taking in a week in PP and a week in Siem reap I do not have to leave to return to the uk until nov 3rd via bangkok. I am planning on this being my only visit to the country,on my own at least, so I really want to try to see all the sights that the ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,700 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by renrendiaz on 16/9/2010 at 08:49

Visa extension

Posted by mikethediver on 29/8/2010 at 15:44

Hi Guys, Anyone got information visa extension?. I am in Sihanouk ville and the agents want $50 for an extension which seems crazy as the correct price of a visa on entry is $20 or $25 for an evisa. So, if i go to immigration in PP will I be able to get the extension myself and if so, how much? Cheers, Mike ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,657 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by sayadian on 16/9/2010 at 08:49

Medical Scam

Posted by galalhametayel on 23/8/2010 at 22:21

Hello, I would like to share with you the story of the one and only scam I fell in during my 4 month travel circuit in SE Asia. While staying in Siem Reap, Cambodia I developed a rash on my arms. A tuk-tuk driver told me that lots of Khmers get it as well but as a foreigner who isn't immune to local ailments i should be probably get checked out. He took me to the China-Khmer Friendship Hospital, where a Chinese man who spoke fluent English. He told me that lots of foreigners come down to the h ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,761 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by Tennouji on 16/9/2010 at 08:48

Sihanoukville beach closures

Posted by sayadian on 5/8/2010 at 23:24

They have finally knocked down the businesses on Otres beach. 'So now by our reckoning seventy five percent of all the beachfront in Snooky is either fenced off and closed to the public or is basically a building site!' taken from Bayon Pearnik online magazine, August 2010. Interesting fact if you are thinking of a beach break in Sihanoukville,Cambodia. There is some beach left but for how long, who knows. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,580 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by Brendagoethenberg on 16/9/2010 at 08:47

Trip to Sihanoukvile 19 Aug

Posted by gamondeluxe on 11/8/2010 at 09:55

We already plan some things to do in our following trip to Sihanoukvile, but we're not sure if something changed or not. Can anyone advice us what beach should we stay? We can afford guesthouse/hotel at no more than $15. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,542 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by gamondeluxe on 16/9/2010 at 08:46

Keeping valuables at reception

Posted by mattocmd on 6/9/2010 at 11:06

OK, so am I just a paranoid person or it is a bad idea to keep valuables with reception in guesthouses in SE Asia? I've never done it but have read of others who use that service via this website. Has anyone ever heard of any horror stories about this, such as the hotel getting "robbed" and the items being stolen? I gotta imagine is happens from time to time. Any thoughts? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,740 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by KazAussie on 16/9/2010 at 08:46

travel partners from bangkok to siem reap

Posted by ilakrat on 12/12/2009 at 00:51

i am a male traveling alone from bangkok to siem reap by bus/taxi on january 12 2010. i am interested in finding a person or persons male or female any age for the bus trip to the border and taxi share to siem reap from the border for mutual security and to pass the time. respond if interested. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,287 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by ilakrat on 16/9/2010 at 08:45

Pandaw Cruise

Posted by panlou on 7/9/2010 at 20:26

Hi, I am considering booking a cruise on the RV Mekong Pandaw. 4 nights from PP, ending at HCMC. Has anyone done it? Any comments? Thanks, panlou ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,926 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by panlou on 16/9/2010 at 08:43

Flying Siem Reap to Luang Prabang

Posted by kriscrox on 6/9/2010 at 18:24

Hello all, New to the site and hoping you might be able to offer your expertise about flights. We will be flying from Siem Reap to Luang Prabang , and currently the best fare by far is on Lao Airlines through Pakse. I have a couple of questions on this - Is Laos Airlines reliable to take? The other choice is Bangkok Airlines for more than twice as much. And second, the time between landing and take off to Luang Prabang is only 40 minutes. Is this enough time to make the connecting flight? T ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,865 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by eastwest on 16/9/2010 at 08:42

Proprietor of Prince Mekhong Villa GH arrested

Posted by mrdome on 23/8/2010 at 10:35

I have no further agenda apart from really liking Cambo, having stayed at this GH twice, showed a lot of interest in the operations of the place and manager, wrote reviews about my stays there - here and on tripadvisor.com - and was informed yesterday that this had taken place. So, without further comment: http://www.blick.ch/news/ausland/basler-verhaftet-153734 (German text, nice pic!) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,742 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 23/8/2010 at 19:08

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page