Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

bus from SR tu Hue

Posted by palima on 6/7/2010 at 21:16

Hello, is there a direct bus from Siem Reap to Hue or Danang (Middle of Vietnam)? Thanks in advance! Palma ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,614 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by travellingsarah on 16/9/2010 at 09:01

Khmer boxing

Posted by Gegp2000 on 27/7/2010 at 23:16

Hi, We would like to see some Khmer boxing (or Pradal Serey) fights while in Cambodia. Where is a good spot? Do you think we could also train somewhere? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,016 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by svendj on 16/9/2010 at 08:59

Honeymoon in Vietnam or Cambodia?

Posted by jonice08 on 16/12/2009 at 06:32

We are planning on spending our honeymoon in Cambodia around mid-September, however I am getting mixed feelings about whether we should actually travel to Cambodia go to Vietnam instead. Being our honeymoon we obviously want to spend the last few days pampering ourselves in a nice hotel, however we would like to travel around to experience the country and culture. If possible maybe even include a dive or 2 though it seems Cambodia isn't quite the place for it. We intend spending around 2 w ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,508 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by eastwest on 16/9/2010 at 08:59

Direct from Kep/Kampot to Siem Reap?

Posted by 45baht on 28/7/2010 at 16:57

Now then, was just wondering if there is a direct bus from either Kampot or Kep up to siem reap that misses out Phnom Penh? if not, would it be cheaper and/or take less time to travel to battambang then to siem reap? Thanks Alex ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 10,746 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by 45baht on 16/9/2010 at 08:59

Renting moto in Siem Reape

Posted by Evan1968 on 4/8/2010 at 09:50

hi I have been to Siem reape a few times and now back again to do volunteer work at orphanage and hospital. I want to rent a moto for 2 weeks. Any suggestions where to go thanks!! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,183 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by mikethediver on 16/9/2010 at 08:57

10 day cambodia itinary

Posted by 45baht on 28/7/2010 at 17:06

Now then, I have been travelling through SE Asia for the last 6 weeks and are onto our last 2 and a half. As 'the plan' never goes smoothly we have ended up with around 10, maybe 13 days left to see what we can in Cambodia. Spent far too long seeing what I missed out on in Viet nam last year... We fly back to England on the 17th. Any ideas on how to change or improve this plan? (First time in Cambodia) Again, because I spent too long in Viet Nam and Laos and had to miss Cambodia. Phnom Penh ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,766 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by 45baht on 16/9/2010 at 08:57

3 weeks in Cambodia in October- any suggestions?

Posted by newbiedanielle on 8/8/2010 at 09:42

Hi, I'm heading to Cambodia in October this year, for roughly 3 weeks. The only place I definatly want to see is Ankor (pretty cliche i know). I thought about going to Phnom Penh and possibly Battamberg also. I'll be starting in Siam Reap and need to end up in Laos - does anyone have any suggestions about places to visit? Also the length of time- would 4 days at Ankor be too long? Is Sihanoukville worth a visit as it would be a bit of a detour? I have done a fair bit of research but have g ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,801 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by newbiedanielle on 16/9/2010 at 08:57

start malaysia-march/return 6 weeks

Posted by lemonhead on 10/8/2010 at 08:40

have toured thailand up through the centre last august and down the mekong through loas.would like tips on similar trip to cambodia and on to vietnam,have wife and budget both sometimes delicate. last trip was wet season with no rain at all,prefer bus traveland2-3star accomm. the coast and islands of cambodia seem like a good start and finish any ideas? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,972 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by lemonhead on 16/9/2010 at 08:56

Cambodian visa on arrival in US Cash?

Posted by mckayb on 9/8/2010 at 13:14

I was in Hanoi and tried to withdraw US cash from ANZ bank but they told me they only dispense VND. I used up all my US cash already in Laos and Vietnam...Now I know you pay for your Cambodian visa in US cash. Is there a bank in HCMC that dispenses US cash? If not would I be able to pay in VND? If that is not the case either what do ppl recommed I do? I cannot get the E Visa as they dont accept that at the border crossing... Cheers Ben ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,662 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by svendj on 16/9/2010 at 08:56

Bokor Mountain - See it before it's gone!

Posted by docgliv on 23/11/2006 at 22:57

Bokor Mountain was one of the most special places we visited in Cambodia (Nov 2006). Besides the refreshing cool breeze and climate, it is a magical atmosphere. One can wonder for hours around the hillsides walking through the ruins and imagining the French colonial architecture were intact. The road was absolutely horrible and be warned that several (larger) tourists vehicles did not make it, though our Toyota Corolla driver magically maneuvered the car-sized pot holes. Accomodations are ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,489 times, with 20 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 16/9/2010 at 08:56

Cracking pics from Cambodia

Posted by somtam2000 on 12/8/2010 at 20:49

Sort of midway through photo stuff for the new TF site and came across this outstanding collection of pics from Cambodia that have been linked into the Travelfish pool. There's some great pics in there, so if you're looking for a reason to get those feet itching, take a look! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,560 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Sampan on 16/9/2010 at 08:55

How much for overstays??

Posted by mikethediver on 15/8/2010 at 14:49

Hi all, Anyone know how much an overstay is in Cambodia and how easy it is to sort out? Looks like being 3 days, (which will cost me 1,500 baht in Thailand.) I cross into Thailand at Koh Krong near Trat. Cheers, Mike ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,929 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by sayadian on 16/9/2010 at 08:54

Two weeks in cambodia from south laos , need help

Posted by itayze on 14/8/2010 at 00:05

Hi guys , somehow I got extra two weeks in my trip (orignally two month in thialand-laos) , I though about going from south laos in cambodia and then to retuen to bangkok (or the islands but I don't if I can ) . I'm in thailand right now and could really help some suggestion for a general plan for two weeks starting from Laos isands into cambodia or guidelines for that trip . Itay. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,332 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by svendj on 16/9/2010 at 08:53

scuba diving

Posted by Joss369 on 15/8/2010 at 19:31

Seeing as I have a bit of extra cash and time to spend in Cambodia, I was wondering if any of you had experience with diving schools. I would like to complete a full PADI course and was told that this would be cheaper and better than in Thailand... can that be true?? Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,159 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Joss369 on 16/9/2010 at 08:53

This song is great

Posted by MADMAC on 19/8/2010 at 11:15

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcdgLclFWOU The language is Khmer. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,183 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by Archmichael on 16/9/2010 at 08:53

getting perscriptions in cambodia.

Posted by weiniswrinkle on 19/8/2010 at 08:28

how hard is it to get vicodin, and/or xanax prescriptions in cambodia? and what are costs? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,115 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by toxic8 on 16/9/2010 at 08:51

Leonard Cohen in November

Posted by theshortestfuse on 23/6/2010 at 17:54

Hello, Did you all hear that Leonard Cohen will be playing at the Olympic Stadium in PP this November? I am already going to be in Cambodia for 3 weeks beginning on July 2, but now feel I need to return in November to catch this once-in-a-lifetime concert! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,643 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by sayadian on 16/9/2010 at 08:50

travel plans.

Posted by Joss369 on 10/8/2010 at 21:39

Hello all. I land in Bangkok on the 28th of September, I was planning of a couple of days there then heading down south past pattaya to the hat lek boarder crossing to Cambodia. Take a scuba diving course (not too Fussed)and then a slow tour around, taking in a week in PP and a week in Siem reap I do not have to leave to return to the uk until nov 3rd via bangkok. I am planning on this being my only visit to the country,on my own at least, so I really want to try to see all the sights that the ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,703 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by renrendiaz on 16/9/2010 at 08:49

Visa extension

Posted by mikethediver on 29/8/2010 at 15:44

Hi Guys, Anyone got information visa extension?. I am in Sihanouk ville and the agents want $50 for an extension which seems crazy as the correct price of a visa on entry is $20 or $25 for an evisa. So, if i go to immigration in PP will I be able to get the extension myself and if so, how much? Cheers, Mike ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,662 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by sayadian on 16/9/2010 at 08:49

Medical Scam

Posted by galalhametayel on 23/8/2010 at 22:21

Hello, I would like to share with you the story of the one and only scam I fell in during my 4 month travel circuit in SE Asia. While staying in Siem Reap, Cambodia I developed a rash on my arms. A tuk-tuk driver told me that lots of Khmers get it as well but as a foreigner who isn't immune to local ailments i should be probably get checked out. He took me to the China-Khmer Friendship Hospital, where a Chinese man who spoke fluent English. He told me that lots of foreigners come down to the h ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,772 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by Tennouji on 16/9/2010 at 08:48

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page