Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Ho Chi Min to Angkor Wat and back...

Posted by mizsarah on 9/7/2009 at 01:20

I have been told the easiest (but still affordable) way to get to Angkor Wat from Vietnam (HCM) is to book through a tour? I have about two weeks to decide what to do with. But I am not that interested in that necessarily. I am a teacher on a budget and also a person traveling alone and female. Any pointers on getting from HCM to Angkor Wat? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 46,191 times, with 15 replies. Last reply by busylizzy on 16/9/2010 at 09:06

best island for relax

Posted by stvstv on 21/4/2010 at 20:26

Hello dear, I'll be in Cambodia in December / January. Which is the best island in the south to spend 5 / 6 days in relax. Thanks for help Stv ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,211 times, with 15 replies. Last reply by stvstv on 16/9/2010 at 09:06

stung treng - siem reap

Posted by tarzan156 on 17/4/2010 at 19:37

hi, my girlfriend and i will be passing through stung treng around about the start of august and we are looking to get to siem reap from there so as to avoid having to go phnom pehn-siem reap-phnom pehn? as we are heading for vietnam from cambodia we'd like to try and avoid having to drive up and down the same route twice so if anyone has any advice on getting to siem reap from stung treng, it would be appreciated. thanks, shane ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 10,156 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by appro on 16/9/2010 at 09:05

Otres beach Sihanoukville

Posted by ebroguy on 15/1/2010 at 16:55

In many of the reviews I have read regarding Accomadation on Otres beach Sihanoukville I have found that many of them are out of date as they state there is little or no accomadation when in fact there is a wide selection of beach bungalows and rooms to choose from , also many state that Otres beach is unsafe at night time , with normal levels of precaution Otres beach is quite safe . This beautiful beach has long been the hidden treasure of Cambodia's coastal town Sihanoukville with a ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,831 times, with 13 replies. Last reply by ebroguy on 16/9/2010 at 09:05

Cambodia travel plans - please advise!

Posted by panlou on 8/7/2010 at 18:59

Hi, I am planning to spend about a week in Cambodia around the Xmas period and ending up in HCMC. I would like to spend a couple of days somewhere to relax/recover from the long flights and then visit Siem Riep and Phnom Penh. From there i plan to take the bus to HCMC. Any suggestions were to spend the first couple of days? Beach would make sense but not sure how to schedule and combine with the rest. Alos, I was thinking of taking the boat between PP and SR but from what I have read it is pr ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,870 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by KazAussie on 16/9/2010 at 09:05

Pattaya to Siem Reap, Border Crossing

Posted by hmuscente1 on 19/7/2010 at 19:53

Hi everyone, I haven't been able to find out too much information about the Chanthaburi/Pailin border crossing. My friend and I will be traveling from Pattaya to Siem Reap and were wondering which is the better border crossing from this trip; the Aranyaprathet/Poipet border or Chanthaburi/Pailin. Thanks for your help! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,575 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 16/9/2010 at 09:04

best places to shop?

Posted by betina on 19/7/2010 at 17:49

i had a friend who has been to cambodia and tells me that they have great clothes there. so i would like to know where to shop for great bargains? i really love fashion and i would like to try something new every time. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,150 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by rawjer on 16/9/2010 at 09:03

Quick trip into and out of Cambodia. Angkor Wat only

Posted by TennisHaus on 19/7/2010 at 11:25

WE are spending 2-3 days in total in Cambodia and want to see Angkor Wat only. What is the fastest way to PP from HCMC and then on to Bankok. We will pay to fly. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,309 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by eastwest on 16/9/2010 at 09:03

Honda Wave 110 i

Posted by thewayitis on 18/7/2010 at 04:07

Hi all, i'll arrive in Sihanoukville in 5 weeks and intent to buy a Honda Wave 110i,the new one with fuel injection. In this context i want to ask if this model is available in Cambodia and also the price of the bike. The Wave 110i is out since a year in Thailand and costs 34.000 Baht for the basic model which would be fine for me. Thanks in advance. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,088 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by eastwest on 16/9/2010 at 09:03

bus from SR tu Hue

Posted by palima on 6/7/2010 at 21:16

Hello, is there a direct bus from Siem Reap to Hue or Danang (Middle of Vietnam)? Thanks in advance! Palma ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,637 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by travellingsarah on 16/9/2010 at 09:01

Khmer boxing

Posted by Gegp2000 on 27/7/2010 at 23:16

Hi, We would like to see some Khmer boxing (or Pradal Serey) fights while in Cambodia. Where is a good spot? Do you think we could also train somewhere? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,036 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by svendj on 16/9/2010 at 08:59

Honeymoon in Vietnam or Cambodia?

Posted by jonice08 on 16/12/2009 at 06:32

We are planning on spending our honeymoon in Cambodia around mid-September, however I am getting mixed feelings about whether we should actually travel to Cambodia go to Vietnam instead. Being our honeymoon we obviously want to spend the last few days pampering ourselves in a nice hotel, however we would like to travel around to experience the country and culture. If possible maybe even include a dive or 2 though it seems Cambodia isn't quite the place for it. We intend spending around 2 w ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,525 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by eastwest on 16/9/2010 at 08:59

Direct from Kep/Kampot to Siem Reap?

Posted by 45baht on 28/7/2010 at 16:57

Now then, was just wondering if there is a direct bus from either Kampot or Kep up to siem reap that misses out Phnom Penh? if not, would it be cheaper and/or take less time to travel to battambang then to siem reap? Thanks Alex ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 10,873 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by 45baht on 16/9/2010 at 08:59

Renting moto in Siem Reape

Posted by Evan1968 on 4/8/2010 at 09:50

hi I have been to Siem reape a few times and now back again to do volunteer work at orphanage and hospital. I want to rent a moto for 2 weeks. Any suggestions where to go thanks!! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,188 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by mikethediver on 16/9/2010 at 08:57

10 day cambodia itinary

Posted by 45baht on 28/7/2010 at 17:06

Now then, I have been travelling through SE Asia for the last 6 weeks and are onto our last 2 and a half. As 'the plan' never goes smoothly we have ended up with around 10, maybe 13 days left to see what we can in Cambodia. Spent far too long seeing what I missed out on in Viet nam last year... We fly back to England on the 17th. Any ideas on how to change or improve this plan? (First time in Cambodia) Again, because I spent too long in Viet Nam and Laos and had to miss Cambodia. Phnom Penh ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,778 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by 45baht on 16/9/2010 at 08:57

3 weeks in Cambodia in October- any suggestions?

Posted by newbiedanielle on 8/8/2010 at 09:42

Hi, I'm heading to Cambodia in October this year, for roughly 3 weeks. The only place I definatly want to see is Ankor (pretty cliche i know). I thought about going to Phnom Penh and possibly Battamberg also. I'll be starting in Siam Reap and need to end up in Laos - does anyone have any suggestions about places to visit? Also the length of time- would 4 days at Ankor be too long? Is Sihanoukville worth a visit as it would be a bit of a detour? I have done a fair bit of research but have g ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,817 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by newbiedanielle on 16/9/2010 at 08:57

start malaysia-march/return 6 weeks

Posted by lemonhead on 10/8/2010 at 08:40

have toured thailand up through the centre last august and down the mekong through loas.would like tips on similar trip to cambodia and on to vietnam,have wife and budget both sometimes delicate. last trip was wet season with no rain at all,prefer bus traveland2-3star accomm. the coast and islands of cambodia seem like a good start and finish any ideas? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,985 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by lemonhead on 16/9/2010 at 08:56

Cambodian visa on arrival in US Cash?

Posted by mckayb on 9/8/2010 at 13:14

I was in Hanoi and tried to withdraw US cash from ANZ bank but they told me they only dispense VND. I used up all my US cash already in Laos and Vietnam...Now I know you pay for your Cambodian visa in US cash. Is there a bank in HCMC that dispenses US cash? If not would I be able to pay in VND? If that is not the case either what do ppl recommed I do? I cannot get the E Visa as they dont accept that at the border crossing... Cheers Ben ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,718 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by svendj on 16/9/2010 at 08:56

Bokor Mountain - See it before it's gone!

Posted by docgliv on 23/11/2006 at 22:57

Bokor Mountain was one of the most special places we visited in Cambodia (Nov 2006). Besides the refreshing cool breeze and climate, it is a magical atmosphere. One can wonder for hours around the hillsides walking through the ruins and imagining the French colonial architecture were intact. The road was absolutely horrible and be warned that several (larger) tourists vehicles did not make it, though our Toyota Corolla driver magically maneuvered the car-sized pot holes. Accomodations are ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,503 times, with 20 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 16/9/2010 at 08:56

Cracking pics from Cambodia

Posted by somtam2000 on 12/8/2010 at 20:49

Sort of midway through photo stuff for the new TF site and came across this outstanding collection of pics from Cambodia that have been linked into the Travelfish pool. There's some great pics in there, so if you're looking for a reason to get those feet itching, take a look! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,569 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Sampan on 16/9/2010 at 08:55

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page