Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Tet / CNY in Cambodia

Posted by damo on 29/1/2010 at 15:35

I'll be in Cambodia in a couple of days and I understand Tet and Chinese New Year fall on Feb 14th this year. Will it be difficult to travel during this period? Do people celebrate anywhere near as much as in China and Vietnam? What to expect regarding festivals, fireworks, etc? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,338 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by sayadian on 1/2/2010 at 14:40

Prasat Preah Vihear

Posted by IndygoIndy on 4/10/2009 at 13:53

Hi does anyone no if you can get to Prasat Preah Vihear after the wet. Will be in Siem Reap on 14th Oct and hoping to make our way there. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,448 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by soundsgood on 28/1/2010 at 17:43

Which hotel in Siem Reap on a budget??

Posted by Kachinafrance on 14/11/2007 at 00:33

Hi, we're in Siem Reap for a week next February. We have resereved a room at the Two Dragons based on several guides, however the latest visitor review in Travelfish was not very complimentary, in fact it was awful. Does anyone have any recent feedback. We are a very active 60+ couple and we dont travel 5* our budget is 20 - 40 US$ a night. An y recommendations of where to stay would be much appreciated. Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 10,086 times, with 16 replies. Last reply by chrispyrolls on 27/1/2010 at 04:33

travelling out of cambodia..

Posted by jasonkim8486 on 15/1/2010 at 15:31

is it more convenient to get to bangkok (by land) via siem riep? or phnom penh? are there any trains? or just buses. and by convenient i mean shorter trip. thanks for any replies ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,159 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Lother on 27/1/2010 at 02:52

Which one is most breathtaking Preah Vihear, Koh Ker or Banteay Chmar?

Posted by squae on 22/10/2009 at 03:19

Hi guys, Spendng a few days in Siem Reap, and might be doing a full day trip to either Preah Vihear, Koh Ker or Banteay Chmar. Has anyone been to these temples if so which one would you recommend?, (I have a feeling people will say you go to Preah Vihear's for views and Banteay Chmar's mystique?, I am hoping that people might have clear favourites though???) Finally this will be a expensive, long daytrip, has anyone done this is the one day and if so is it worth it? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,701 times, with no replies.

Angkor-Mekong Delta-Saigon

Posted by marianapagotto on 23/1/2010 at 18:13

Hello! First of all, congratulations for the wonderful website! It's helping me soo much in my travelling plans.. Me and my partner will spend a few days in Angkor Wat in beginning of May this year and were thinking about going to Saigon via the Mekong Delta afterwards. We want to do everything by ourselves. Do you think it's possible or we need to get into a tour? I would really love to spend some time in the Delta! Do you recommend any specific places there? Do you know the best route ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,167 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by KazAussie on 25/1/2010 at 17:43

SHARE TAXI SIEM REAP TO BANGKOK 25/26TH JAN.

Posted by redladybiker on 13/1/2010 at 20:57

We are a couple looking for one or two people to share a taxi and the cost with us, to leave Siem Reap on the morning of the 25th or 26th January 2010, to head for Aran, and change taxi's for Bangkok. One person to pay one third, two people to pay a half. Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,944 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by redladybiker on 24/1/2010 at 22:22

Preah Vihear in July

Posted by fivesilver on 29/3/2009 at 18:49

Anybody been? I'd imagine the roads could be a bit rough. We're thinking of trying to get there from Anlong Veng. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,655 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by neosho on 23/1/2010 at 17:05

Preah Khan in Kampong Svay

Posted by oipank on 14/5/2006 at 21:33

I'm planning to visit Preah Khan in Kampong Svay in the end of this month, and I appreciate any comment about the raod condition to the spot. I have tried to go there once few years ago, but we had to give up due to bad road condition. As the rainy season starts soon. I would like to know what kind of vehicle is appropriate now. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,215 times, with no replies.

Beng Mealea, Preah Khan and Koh Ker

Posted by KirstyB on 19/1/2010 at 17:07

Can anyone advise on the feasibility/timings for a 2 day/1 night trip from Siem Reap (and returning back there) visiting Beng Mealea, Preah Khan and Koh Ker. Which is the best order to do it in, what the travelling times are (by car) and which would be the best place to overnight. Apologies if this information is somewhere here but I couldn’t find it! Many thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,029 times, with no replies.

Kep to Ko Kong

Posted by notoriety on 22/1/2010 at 19:48

I need to travel from Kep to Ko Kong. Does anyone know how much a taxi from Kep or Kampot to the Thai border would be? I know there's a morning bus from Sihanoukville but I wasn't planning to go there. Thanks for any help. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,826 times, with no replies.

beating the crowds

Posted by seems33 on 21/1/2010 at 15:34

Hi ...for all of you who have visited the Bayon temple and Ta Prohm...what is the best time of the day to tour these temples to avoid the 'tour bus' crowds? Also, if anyone has done the elephant ride from Phnom Bakheng...any tips? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,334 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by KazAussie on 21/1/2010 at 15:41

Great Hotel, Electrocution Aside

Posted by Anselm on 21/1/2010 at 13:38

I recently stayed one night at the Bopha and except for being electrocuted in the shower, I'd recommend it. The hotel and grounds are gorgeous, the pool is large, the staff is friendly and helpful, and the rooms are nice. But then ... I was showering, holding the handset to rinse off and not spray the entire bathroom with water, when I got a weird vibration in my arm, I couldn't think and didn't know what was happening, I was vocalizing something like "buh buh buh buh," I couldn't drop the han ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,304 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by sayadian on 21/1/2010 at 14:57

Getting from Cambodia to Koh Phangan??!

Posted by RSJ09 on 13/1/2009 at 21:43

Hiya,We are planning to be in Cambodia for about a week before heading down to Koh Phangan for the full moon party...just wondering if anyone has any information about a good way to get there?! I’m aware it’s a bit of a long journey but any info would be great! Thanks loads! xxx ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 11,164 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by siamtravels on 18/1/2010 at 11:20

Taxi Share from Poipet to Siem Reap 19 Jan 2010

Posted by fooj on 18/1/2010 at 10:03

Hello! I know this is short notice but I'll be leaving from Bangkok to Siem Reap on 19 Jan 2010 travelling overland. I've arranged taxi transport from Poipet to Siem Reap via the guesthouse I'm staying at. If anyone wants to share the taxi ride with me, please contact me. Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,723 times, with no replies.

Siem Reap place to stay

Posted by galtemus on 25/6/2006 at 13:58

Does anyone could provide a feedback on Golden Temple Villa guesthouse at Siem Reap? It looks fantastic considering the web pictures and 8$ rates per single room. Any insights are much appreciated. Cheers Alek ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,562 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by Gilmar on 18/1/2010 at 09:47

Kratie

Posted by Amarusol on 9/1/2010 at 08:12

Thinking of taking a one night stop into Kratie, just wondering since it's kind of in the opposite direction I want to head, if it's actually worth the stop just to the see the river dolphins... ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,165 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by pete61 on 17/1/2010 at 12:08

If you had to choose: Phnom Penh or Battambang

Posted by Bear on 13/1/2010 at 09:06

Hello all, I only have 5 nights to visit Cambodia (I can be flexible -- could be 4 or 6 nights). I'll arrive to Cambodia from Lao via plane, and will be exiting Cambodia from Siem Reap . Sadly, I don't have the luxury of time during this trip and have decided to focus my time (10 nights) in two areas: Luang Prabrang and Siem Reap. My interests are hiking, cafes, food, historical sites and getting to know locals and other travelers. Not so much into night life or adventure sports. While ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,252 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by fondo on 14/1/2010 at 08:17

Hotel in Kampong Cham with e-mail address?

Posted by cazabdn on 11/1/2010 at 02:00

Does anyone know if any of the hotels have an e-mail address? I've I tried booking both the Mekong & & Mittenheap through a couple of websites (hotels.com & expedia) but they are showing as full up. So thought I might have more luck e-mailing the hotels directly if possible? Need a place for 2 nights 24th & 25th Feb Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,190 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by viacc65 on 13/1/2010 at 03:21

Minibus: Kampong Cham to Si Phan Don

Posted by hunanjess on 12/1/2010 at 15:10

Is there a guest house or travel agent in Kampong Cham organizing direct minibuses to Si Phan Don? How long does that ride take? How much does it cost? Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,926 times, with no replies.

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page