Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Visa and Money Questions

Posted by dameon on 16/12/2009 at 09:53

Hello all, My apologies if these questions have been asked and answered already, I did do a search, honest. I will be crossing into Cambodia overland, and have heard about how the border officials supplement their income at Hat Lek crossing. Has anyone recently used the e-visa for overland crossing and if so how did it go? Or does anyone know how long it takes to get a visa at the Bangkok embassy. Second question is in regards to money, I will be carrying US dollars, I know I should hav ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,680 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by mikethediver on 31/12/2009 at 19:12

9-11 days in Cambodia

Posted by nadineurban on 29/12/2009 at 20:12

Hello! I am going for 3 weeks to Laos and Cambodia. I already planned Laos but I keep changing plans for Cambodia. The issue is mainly that I would like to end the holidays with a couple of days at a nice beach. Reading comments about the islands and beaches in this forum I am not sure if Cambodia is the right place when I am looking for a nice beach... Could someone maybe recommend a route which finishes at a nice beach on a Thai island? I started thinking that I don't have enough time to se ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,505 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by idreamofdurian on 30/12/2009 at 17:46

Possible new form of malaria near Western Cambodian Border

Posted by williamtaylor on 29/12/2009 at 19:01

According to the following story, there could be a new form of malaria developing near Pailin, Cambodia. Make sure to be careful if traveling in the area. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,871 times, with no replies.

Koh Russei - Bamboo Island

Posted by shadek on 28/12/2009 at 21:58

Has anyone had any experience staying over at this island for a couple of days? I read the article on Russei here on TF, and some other things online, but most of the people I found only visit the island on a day trip. I thought it would be a good idea to stay for a night or 2 instead of 4 nights in Sihanoukville. Any thoughts???? Tks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,190 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 29/12/2009 at 14:58

Phnom Penh safety /pickpockets/bag snatchers

Posted by sashanyc28 on 22/12/2009 at 08:56

I will be in Phnom Penh (for the first time) for a few nights in early January 2010.. Of course I have read all over the place to be careful.. Take only taxis at night, beware of pickpockets, bag snatchers on motorbikes, etc.. and Of course I will only take taxis at night, use a money belt, not carry any valuables, and try to avoid carrying a day pack or bag around the city with me.. From my travel experiences I have always found the media and most of the warnings all to be a bit exa ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,867 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by lolozo on 29/12/2009 at 00:14

Flights from Siem Reap to HCMC

Posted by ms1892 on 26/12/2009 at 22:44

Hi guys, Does anyone know if it is possible to fly from Siem Reap (or even Phnom Penh) to HCMC? On the JetStar website it is possible to select a flight from Siem Reap to HCMC but once you enter the dates it always says that there are no flights available on the selected date. I searched the site before posting this and found reference to a feature detailing the routes of budget airlines around SE Asia but i couldn't find the flight finder tool. Is this still available? Thanks in adva ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,784 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by ms1892 on 28/12/2009 at 18:16

Jan.14 Cambodia, Laos, Nam off-the-path travel

Posted by rivertext on 24/12/2009 at 03:28

Hi, I'm traveling solo to Cambodia January 13th, and then towards February heading thru Laos and into North Vietnam. It's been a while since I traveled alone and it would be great to share a meal or share driving expenses to some tourist-free (except for us) true Indiana Jones like jungle temple or an NGO organic farm / orphanage. For example, Beng Mealea - 2-3 hr. drive east of Angkor: See this web page for details: I'm traveling light ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,326 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by rivertext on 24/12/2009 at 19:24

Sim card in Sihanoukville

Posted by Petros on 20/12/2009 at 18:03

Is permitted to buy a sim card for my mobile phone in Cambodia like the local people? And what company is the best for calls in Europe? I mean to buy a sim card alone, without helping me someone with his local ID. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,665 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by oscarcat on 21/12/2009 at 14:09

Flights in and out of ratanakiri, PLEASE HELP!

Posted by LaurasUsername on 13/12/2009 at 14:01

Hi, Douse anyone know if there are any flights CURRENTLY flying in and out of ratanakiri from siem reap? Ive found heaps of places listing flights and places saying that those flights dont run anymore, its all a bit confusing. we would be flying (or making the painfuly long bus trip) at the end of january douse anyone know if there will be any flights we can take? has any one flown there recently?? Thanks, Laura ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,239 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by KazAussie on 21/12/2009 at 08:45

Book exchange for charity?

Posted by blackpepper14 on 21/12/2009 at 08:33

Hi...I am looking for information on a group/organization that runs a (shop?) exchange where one exchanges books and then gives a donation... "One For One" I thought it was called? I believe this group is in Cambodia but if Laos I apologize for posting here though would still appreciate information...Thanks in advance... ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,320 times, with no replies.

Bus from P.P airport to sihanoukville

Posted by Petros on 20/12/2009 at 17:59

The buses of the company SORYA stop at the airport, or we have to go from the airport of Phnom Penh to the central bus station in the city in order to catch them? Can somebody tell me at what time we can take the bus, if we arrive at 9.00' in the morning at the airport? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,523 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by Lother on 21/12/2009 at 07:13

lone female traveller -help!

Posted by mads535 on 17/12/2009 at 03:54

Hi there, I’m going to SE Asia next year in early April for 2 and a half months :) and will be travelling some of it with a friend and some of it alone. The bits I will be doing myself are Laos, Cambodia and a small bit of N Thailand (from Chang Mai over the border to Laos, then the slow boat to Luang Prabang) and a bit of S Thailand. Anyway, just wondering if anyone has any opinion on places/guest houses I should definitely stay away from being by myself? Or if anyone has any suggestion ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,220 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by mads535 on 21/12/2009 at 01:37

The best place to stay on Christmas 'n' New Year?

Posted by zencooler on 19/12/2009 at 14:45

Hello friends. We are a couple away from our family so we would want to stay somewhere in Cambodia or Thailand during the Christmas time. I mean such place to feel the Christmas atmosphere and eat the Christmas dinner at 24.12. Preferable near the beach. Could you recommend the best place for this, please? Thanks in advance! Zen ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,772 times, with no replies.

Share taxi from Siem Reap to Poipet Dec. 22 morning

Posted by Aradsch on 19/12/2009 at 09:29

I am traveling solo and am looking for anybody who wants to share a share taxi to the border with Thailand (Poipet). I have read that this option is far better and quicker than the buses. I would like to leave around 8am on Dec. 22, but am a little flexible on timing if need be. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,333 times, with no replies.

3 weeks in Cambodia

Posted by itchyfeet on 9/12/2009 at 11:21

Hi all, My boyfriend and I are currently trying to roughly plan out our trip to Cambodia in January. We are flying from Cambodia to India and want to buy those tickets so it's forcing us to come up with a departure date from Cambodia. Which brings me to my question... we want to make sure that we allow ourselves enough time in Cambodia so that we don't feel rushed-would 3 weeks be a good amount of time? We plan on arriving from Phu Quoc Island and hitting Kampot, Kep, Sihanoukville, Phnom ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,885 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by eastwest on 18/12/2009 at 11:42

Phnom Penh to Phu Quoc in one day?

Posted by marike on 17/12/2009 at 18:01

Hi there, does anyone know how long it takes to get from PP to the border in Kep by hired taxi? And on the other side of the border, how long does it take to get to Ha Tien . And how long does it take to get from Ha Tien to Rach Gia ferry dock by hired taxi? Can we do it in a day? I heard there is a ferry leaving Rach Gia at 1:30pm. Does anybody know if there is a reliable service from Ha Tien? And does anybody know if there is a reliable ferry service from Cambodia to Phu Quoc? Thanks a ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,226 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by Lawoat on 17/12/2009 at 21:57

Siem Reap to Kep- best way?

Posted by zsenior on 8/6/2009 at 08:55

Hi I want to get from SR to Kep in one day - does anyone have any info/advice on the best way to do this? Thx Z ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 14,087 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by danandhan on 15/12/2009 at 19:06

Ko Kong to Sihanoukville by boat?

Posted by krisim on 16/11/2008 at 18:52

Hi I read somewhere that the boat from Ko Kong to Sihanoukville had stopped operating for a while, but may start again in high season. Does anyone know what happened? If there is a boat again can you stop at Ko Sdach and then take a boat another day the rest of the way to Sihanoukville? Is there another way (maybe by bus when you get to the mainland) to get from Ko Sdach to Sihanoukville? Would be great if someone could help me with these questions. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,632 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Aenimal on 13/12/2009 at 15:28

Multiple crossings into Cambodia

Posted by mads535 on 11/12/2009 at 22:53

I will be travelling to Cambodia/Laos/Thailand/Vietnam/ in April-June next and have a query about Cambia’s visa requirements. I will be crossing from Vietnam into Cambodia at the end of April at the Bavet / Moc Bai crossing (seems I can get a visa at this crossing no problem?). I will then be going into Thailand, up and across into Laos, then down Laos and back into Cambodia at the Veun Kham/ Dom Kralor border. What I’m wondering is will I be able to get a second visa for Cambodia ok? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,314 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by mads535 on 12/12/2009 at 04:01

Christmas in Siem Reap or Battambang

Posted by KazAussie on 9/12/2009 at 14:34

Hi all, We head off in two days for our month long visit to Vietnam and Cambodia. It looks like we will be in either Battambang or Siem Reap for Christmas. I have heard about child beggars in both locations so would like to do something nice. I usually make killer kebabs for boxing day, with ham, pineapple, banana and capsicum and a really nice sauce. Usually they are barbequed but would be fine without cooking. Would I be able to buy these ingredients in either location and woul ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,366 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 10/12/2009 at 10:26

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page