Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Phnom Penh to Phu Quoc in one day?

Posted by marike on 17/12/2009 at 18:01

Hi there, does anyone know how long it takes to get from PP to the border in Kep by hired taxi? And on the other side of the border, how long does it take to get to Ha Tien . And how long does it take to get from Ha Tien to Rach Gia ferry dock by hired taxi? Can we do it in a day? I heard there is a ferry leaving Rach Gia at 1:30pm. Does anybody know if there is a reliable service from Ha Tien? And does anybody know if there is a reliable ferry service from Cambodia to Phu Quoc? Thanks a ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,206 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by Lawoat on 17/12/2009 at 21:57

Siem Reap to Kep- best way?

Posted by zsenior on 8/6/2009 at 08:55

Hi I want to get from SR to Kep in one day - does anyone have any info/advice on the best way to do this? Thx Z ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 13,931 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by danandhan on 15/12/2009 at 19:06

Ko Kong to Sihanoukville by boat?

Posted by krisim on 16/11/2008 at 18:52

Hi I read somewhere that the boat from Ko Kong to Sihanoukville had stopped operating for a while, but may start again in high season. Does anyone know what happened? If there is a boat again can you stop at Ko Sdach and then take a boat another day the rest of the way to Sihanoukville? Is there another way (maybe by bus when you get to the mainland) to get from Ko Sdach to Sihanoukville? Would be great if someone could help me with these questions. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,606 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Aenimal on 13/12/2009 at 15:28

Multiple crossings into Cambodia

Posted by mads535 on 11/12/2009 at 22:53

I will be travelling to Cambodia/Laos/Thailand/Vietnam/ in April-June next and have a query about Cambia’s visa requirements. I will be crossing from Vietnam into Cambodia at the end of April at the Bavet / Moc Bai crossing (seems I can get a visa at this crossing no problem?). I will then be going into Thailand, up and across into Laos, then down Laos and back into Cambodia at the Veun Kham/ Dom Kralor border. What I’m wondering is will I be able to get a second visa for Cambodia ok? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,297 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by mads535 on 12/12/2009 at 04:01

Christmas in Siem Reap or Battambang

Posted by KazAussie on 9/12/2009 at 14:34

Hi all, We head off in two days for our month long visit to Vietnam and Cambodia. It looks like we will be in either Battambang or Siem Reap for Christmas. I have heard about child beggars in both locations so would like to do something nice. I usually make killer kebabs for boxing day, with ham, pineapple, banana and capsicum and a really nice sauce. Usually they are barbequed but would be fine without cooking. Would I be able to buy these ingredients in either location and woul ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,343 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 10/12/2009 at 10:26

Need AC-room in Siem Reap in late December?

Posted by jubinell on 9/12/2009 at 14:36

Hi, We are a group of 2 people looking to visit Siem Reap from 26/12 to 29/12. We've booked an AC room but were wondering if that's even necessary. Weather forecasts such as the BBC gives Siem Reap their prediction of 21C ~ 33C and I wonder if that's still too hot at night. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,450 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 10/12/2009 at 10:25

Party scene in Cambodia

Posted by jclarkson on 5/11/2009 at 14:56

I am trying to plan a three week SE Asia trip and originally had written of Cambodia in favor of Vietnam and a bit in Laos. I was wondering if anyone had any tips on good nightlife/party destinations in Cambodia or if there are any destinations in Laos that are comparable to Halong or Nha Trang. Thanks for any tips Cheers, Josh ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,385 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by NatashaCambodia on 8/12/2009 at 20:19

Siem Reap to Phnom Penh - 9 day itinerary

Posted by treenie on 24/11/2009 at 13:34

Some friends and I will be spending 9 days in Cambodia in January and I'm looking for some itinerary inspiration. We fly into Siem Reap and plan on spending around 3 days there to see Angkor Wat. We will fly out of Phnom Penh and intend to spend a couple of days there at the end of the trip. Has anyone got any good ideas for places to stay in between SR and PP? We were thinking of Battambang for a couple of nights and maybe one other place, but not sure where. Any thoughts w ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,967 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by NatashaCambodia on 8/12/2009 at 20:05

Palm Wine instead of Grape Wine

Posted by feelingangelish on 7/12/2009 at 10:18

I have been to Cambodia for 2-3 times now and every time I visit Cambodia, I never forget to buy palm wine produced by Confirel. The first time I visited Cambodia, I was afraid to taste any of the local food, especially on anything that I never had before. But my second time, I was braver and started tasting something different, such as Prohok, sour mango pickle with salt and chili or sour mango with fish sauce .... yum :) After I visited the Night market, I have introduced to the palm wi ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,775 times, with no replies.

How to get from Siem Reap to Stung Treng then Laos

Posted by vickstar on 29/9/2008 at 17:18

Hi, I am looking for some advice on the best way to get from Siem Reap to 4000 islands in southern laos.I'm 26yo independent female travelling in December 08. I am hoping not to backpedal all the way to Phnom Penh from Siem Reap then on to stung treng but if this is way quicker than going direct to stung treng, then I may have too. Has anyone had any experience of travelling between these two destinations? From what I've read, the roads in Cambodia don't sound so great. My ultimate des ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 8,757 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by dealerkoma on 6/12/2009 at 19:52

Siem Reap to Bangkok - doable by lunchtime?

Posted by woden1809 on 5/12/2009 at 05:09

Hi, I know this has been covered before, but I have some questions regarding timetables! I want to get the Bangkok-Vientiane train which leaves Bangkok at 6:30 in the evening. I will be setting out from Siem Reap and want to arrive in Bangkok by the time of my train departure, but it looks like I will just miss it. I will get a bus to Poipet, but as I understand buses and trains which run from Aranyaprathet (other than very early departures) tend to arrive at or around the time of departure ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,358 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by exacto on 5/12/2009 at 10:08

NEED ADVICE IN PHNOM PENH

Posted by PDX2BKK on 2/12/2009 at 10:58

Hello, I am wondering if any of you have a helpfull recommendation about where I might acquire the following two items in central Phnom Penh? 1. A Visa to enter Vietnam. Do you know a good agent who can arrange a visa and a bus ticket to Ho Chi Minh City? And... 2. A Hepatitis A booster shot. Probably should have done this in Bangkok. Do you know of a reputable, clean and safe clinic that services travelling foreigners? Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,358 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 3/12/2009 at 07:58

The best beaches in Cambodia?

Posted by Seasister on 2/12/2009 at 05:57

Hi I wonder if people can advise. We're coming to Cambodia and spending a week in around Sihanoukville. We want a nice beach experience - we've been told Cloud9 bungalows are nice but is the beach really busy and noisy and touristy? We've also been told Otres beach is nice, but there's no electricity at night? Feedback on best beach experiences would be really appreciated! Thanks R Helpful? 0 ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,404 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 3/12/2009 at 07:51

Sihanoukville -Cambodia

Posted by 1_Sunshine_Annie on 28/11/2009 at 10:34

Hey just wondering if any other single back packers are in Suhanoukvill near the beaches & fancy hanging out, am there for a week.. also can some one kindly recommend any good bars down there which is NOT a pick up joint! Have a fab day Ann x ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,616 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Seasister on 2/12/2009 at 23:30

Bokor Hill Station

Posted by Millydane on 2/3/2008 at 09:45

Does anyone know if it is Possible to go up Bokor hill? We keep hearing different things about the closing road up. Also any recent recomendations for Hotel in Kampot town? Something nice. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 8,309 times, with 14 replies. Last reply by pete61 on 1/12/2009 at 18:35

Tensions in Cambodia

Posted by ctam2009 on 30/9/2009 at 16:02

I HATE TO BE THE FIRST PERSON ASKING- but we've been told by a fellow traveler that there has been a civil war going on in Cambodia for the past 2 weeks. He also mentioned that there has been a rather large number of tourist casualties. (We know about the ongoing border disputes between Thailand and Cambodia- not worried about that as we will be flying in). I've searched the web pretty hard and checked the travel advisories with no information coming up. I would assume this guys was blowing smok ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,279 times, with 11 replies. Last reply by Shaula on 30/11/2009 at 22:41

Excellent Accomodations in Siem Reap

Posted by PDX2BKK on 30/11/2009 at 20:38

Headed to Siem Reap? Looking for a fantastic place to stay for $5 to 12 a night? I highly recomend the Golden Takeo Guest house on Wat Bo Rd. This place has nice quiet clean rooms all with private bathrooms, plus Wi-Fi and free use of bicycles for all guests. The owner, Phrom, and all of his staff are very friendly and trust worthy people, and they can book tours of the temples or buses to anywhere in the region for local prices. This place was very good to me, if you are going to Angkor t ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,491 times, with no replies.

NEED ADVICE...

Posted by FN on 11/11/2009 at 17:57

Hi, My friend and I will be travelling to Siem Reap during early Dec 09 for 10 days. We are planning to visit these following places. a. Angkor Wat, Phnom Bakheng, Prasat Bak Sei Chamkrong, Angkor Thom, Bayon, Baphuon, Royal Enclosure, Phimeanakas, Terraces of the Elephants, Terraces of the Leper King, Tep Pranam,Preah Palilay, The Kleangs, Thomannom, Chau Say Tevoda, Spean Thmor, Ta Keo, Ta Prohm, Banteay Kdei, Srah Srang, Prasat Kravan b. Preah Khan,Preah Neak Poan,Tan Som,East Mebo ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,672 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by FN on 30/11/2009 at 19:01

Smooth ride back to Bangkok from Siem Reap?

Posted by PDX2BKK on 25/11/2009 at 11:43

Hello all, I was curious to know if anybody out there had a suggestion of the easiest and safest way to return to Bangkok from Siem Reap ? I am currently in Siem Reap (having a lovely time I might add) and my friends I travelled here with are headed another direction. We came here on a charter minibus, and I am curious about the best way to get home. I am travelling on a backpacker's budget, The locals I have asked have all told me that there aren't taxis to the border,I must take a bus to Po ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,805 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by hideaki2208 on 30/11/2009 at 12:59

Re entering Cambodia from Laos

Posted by looman on 28/11/2009 at 15:46

Hi I'm planning to cross into Laos then renter cambodia 10 days later Is this aproblem ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,594 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by looman on 30/11/2009 at 12:40

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page