Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

from phnom penh to Rach Gia

Posted by virusvaleria on 15/7/2009 at 10:13

Hi, how do i get to Rach Gia from Phnom Penh?? Bus, train, whatever... thanks!! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,423 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by krisim on 15/7/2009 at 14:37

Cambodian visas

Posted by satori_kicks on 29/6/2009 at 11:40

Hi all, Just wondering what the best plan of attack for getting a Cambodian visa is. Is it better to get an e-Visa, or wait until at the Cambodian border, and get it then. My mate and I will be entering Cambodia from Vietnam in Setpember (coming up in a boat to Phnom Penh from Chau Doc). Thanks, Ben. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,239 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by thailand_asia on 9/7/2009 at 09:38

Phnome Peng-Aug 10th to Aug 15th-want to do Angkor

Posted by jmdma808 on 18/6/2009 at 19:11

Hello, i will be flying into Phnome penh on Aug 10th and leaving on Aug 15th. I have a couple of questions. First, I know i have to do Angkor Waht. How long does it take? should i set aside three days and spend one in phnome penh? secondly, should i book a hotel just for the first and last nights of my stay in phnome penh since ill be going to angkor in the middle? whats the best way to do this? im confused.... ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,584 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by mikethediver on 7/7/2009 at 13:36

CF Mekong - boat ride between Siem Reap and Phnom Penh

Posted by travelingchinese on 6/7/2009 at 07:46

Has anyone tried the one day "CF Mekong" boat trip between Siem Reap and Phnom Penh ? I have read hat the express boat ride route between Siem Reap and Phnom Penh isn't worth it anymore - becauase it's expensive and the view is not very good for most part of the journey. However, CF Mekong seems to have a full day itinerary between Siem Reap and Phnom Penh, stopping at different villages along the way. Has anyone tried it? Is it a tourist trap? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,911 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by BruceMoon on 6/7/2009 at 09:09

Siem Reap to Hong Kong - non stop flights?

Posted by travelingchinese on 2/7/2009 at 05:43

I plan to end my trip in Siem Reap in August - and would like to catch a nonstop flight from Siem Reap to Hong Kong (to catch my international flight back). Lonely Planet's Siem Reap page seems to indicate that there are direct flights between Siem Reap and Hong Kong - does anyone know which airline? Thank you! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 17,508 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by BruceMoon on 6/7/2009 at 09:00

Sihanoukville for solo woman?

Posted by curstilace on 30/6/2009 at 13:25

Would you recommend Sihanoukville for a 26-yo woman traveling alone? I was thinking of stopping there for about 5 days to hang out and learn to dive. Have heard some good things and not so good things about it though. I would go to one of the Thai islands but they're out of the way from my main destinations which are Laos and Cambodia. I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!! xx ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,791 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by curstilace on 3/7/2009 at 13:39

How many times can I enter Cambodia on a 30 day tourist visa within a 6 month period?

Posted by annarose on 1/7/2009 at 13:52

Hello, Tried searching for an answer to my question but couldn't find it... I'm meeting up with a friend in Cambodia in August for a few weeks and then going to Thailand for a month or so before returning to Cambodia in October. I may then go to Laos and return back to Cambodia for a third time. Is there a limit on the number of times you can enter the country on a 30 day tourist visa within a 6 month period? Or a limit on the amount of time you can spend there within a 6 month period? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,595 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by annarose on 2/7/2009 at 10:00

thoughts on malaria pills and japanese Encephilitis vaccine

Posted by jmdma808 on 25/6/2009 at 21:30

sorry to post multiple threads but i have some valid questions. im backpacking through laos and cambodia in august and some websites ive looked at recommend malaria pills. specifically Either mefloquine (Lariam) or atovaquone/proguanil (Malarone)(PDF). i have heard the pills can make you really sick too. im going to luang prabang laos and probably angkor waht and phnome penh. do i need these? are they worth the risk? also the JE vaccine. my doctor told me it is a very safe vaccine with little ri ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,215 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 26/6/2009 at 19:44

cambodia in december - tentative plan

Posted by pamjane on 25/6/2009 at 01:29

I'm planning a trip for my girlfriend and me through Thailand>Laos>Cambodia from November through early January. We won't have much time in Cambodia, so I think we'll have just a few stops there so that we can get to know each location a bit. I'd be thankful for any input y'all have on the prospective journey: Day 1: fly from Pakse to Siem Reap (I'd originally had the idea to go by land and visit Ban Lung--Yak Lom is a dream--but it seems almost impossible to head that way and do the ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,881 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by BruceMoon on 26/6/2009 at 18:01

bring laptop to cambodia???

Posted by jmdma808 on 25/6/2009 at 21:25

is it ok to bring my laptop with me to cambodia? i really need it for my trip. ill be backpacking through thailand, laos cambodia and making a quick stop in kuala lumpur so my pc is how i keep in touch with everybody. im staying at a guesthouse in laos for about $20 a night and probably will do the same in cambodia. just wondering if its safe to leave my pc in the room or if there is any other way i can secure it. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,871 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by BruceMoon on 26/6/2009 at 13:56

Siam Reap to Laos..!

Posted by Noggins on 25/6/2009 at 19:33

We plan to cross from Cambodia to Laos in the next couple of days, and are currently in Siam Reap, having come from Phnom Penh . We've just looked in to getting to the Laos border and have been told by a couple of agencies there are no buses from here to there, or to Stung Treng. Has anyone done this crossing from Siam Reap? We've been told we might have to go back to Phnom Penh and get a bus from there but we really don't want to do that and flying is out of the question on our budget. Were th ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,374 times, with no replies.

Worth it to go during the wet season?

Posted by scafire_jesse on 5/5/2009 at 00:51

I'm looking at heading to Cambodia in early September - during the wet season. I wanted to avoid some of the crowds and I don't mind the mud and the damp, but is it going to be worth it for a little over a 2 week trip? I'd like to see Phnom Phen, Kampot, Battdambang and Siem Reap/Angkor. Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,305 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by chivy on 25/6/2009 at 17:05

cambodian visa online?

Posted by halongbay07 on 20/6/2009 at 18:33

im going to be travelling to cambodia via thailand and have heard the stories about visa scams at the border, what is the easiest/safest way to get a cambodian visa and can this be done online? thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,880 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by sacredchao on 25/6/2009 at 05:30

cambodian quicky - itinerary help please

Posted by smash on 21/6/2009 at 12:26

hi all i'm looking into routing for a 6-week SE Asia trip through vietnam, cambodia and Laos. any advice and thoughts on the below would be much appreciated. mainly interested to hear thoughts on the first few days and then getting from Siem Reap to Don Det as fast as possible (happy to fly somewhere). day 1 - cross into Cambodia from Vietnam via Prek Chak / Xa Xia crossing and find somewhere in the south to chill for three days (???) - with this, we want two nights in the Mekong delta - ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,840 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by smash on 22/6/2009 at 12:26

World Expeditions tours - any feedback?

Posted by Intrepid82 on 18/6/2009 at 10:16

I'm considering doing a 12 day tour of Cambodia and Laos with an Aussie company called WORLD EXPEDITIONS. I was wondering if anyone out there had any feedback on this company?!! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,735 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by sendsharonsomething on 19/6/2009 at 07:39

Do Some Good While In Cambodia!

Posted by mike1700 on 9/6/2009 at 11:14

Hello, My name is Michael and Im a teacher in New York City. I have been working with the wealthiest kids on the planet who have everything and all my life I have always wanted to experience working with kids who have nothing. I went to Cambodia and fell in love, came back to NYC and started my own charity. I went back again in March to do more research, teach, and help. There are so many good people helping these kids but still more needs to be done. Starting a charity is not easy either and ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,014 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by mike1700 on 17/6/2009 at 10:59

Flying Cambodia - Laos

Posted by remf on 16/6/2009 at 16:46

Hi all, I'm going to be in Cambodia in late July and would like to venture into Laos. Given time will be tight, flying there seems to be the best option. I've had a look at the suggested Laos Airline websites, but neither seem particularly clear, and I'm not confident of booking tickets through there if I'm honest. I have 2 questions; 1) What are the current prices for flying from Cambodia to Laos - not too worried about destination/arrival as I know it's fairly well serviced, but if ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,021 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by BruceMoon on 17/6/2009 at 05:37

Musicians and Live Music

Posted by dv8inpp on 15/6/2009 at 22:25

The Cavern bar, #19 street 104 Phnom Penh, is looking for musicians to play regularly or irregularly. Professionals or talented amateurs. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,513 times, with no replies.

6 days in siem reap

Posted by xhai on 4/6/2009 at 22:12

HI everyone i will be heading to SR for 6 days in early september, the plan now is to spend 3 nights in SR, travel to phnom penh, stay a night and back to SR for one night before headed home. i understand that the travel btw SR and PP takes a long time, at the moment trying to change my return flight to depart from PP instead. Any advices on what else i should see in SR besides Angkor and Tonle Sap? Thank you! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,015 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by xhai on 11/6/2009 at 18:23

Into Phnom Penh : Out of Ha Noi

Posted by hihihello on 27/5/2009 at 22:22

Hi seasoned pros - My girlfriend and I have just booked our flights for the month of September, and I'd really appreciate some advice for a potential itinerary... Would Phnom Penh (just arriving) - Ho Chi Minh - Phu Quoc - Phnom Penh (a little sightseeing) - Siem Reap (Angkor Wat) - Hoi An (tailors)... Be a good start? How long in each? Where next? -I'm an archaeologist/anthropology student, and interested in all that cultural immersion etc. -She's similar, also keen on ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,317 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by dageshi on 8/6/2009 at 13:42

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page