Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Bangkok to Siem Reap taxi share from poipet

Posted by johickman on 28/4/2009 at 15:10

Short notice, but I'm taking the bus from Bangkok to Siem Reap tomorrow morning (April 29); looking for someone to share a taxi from Poipet to Siem Reap. Trying to leave early (by around 7:30 or so). ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,059 times, with no replies.

Picking ONE Cambodian Island only

Posted by Intrepid82 on 24/4/2009 at 12:34

With time to visit only one island in Cambodia - what would you recommend?! NOT wanting anywhere that is expensive, hard to get to, or over-run with tourists....definitely looking for a chilled out getwaway. If I cant find this then I am inclined not to even bother going that far south - so any advice would be great! Cheers ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,013 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by cybervlad on 28/4/2009 at 00:56

Chumkriel Language School Kampot

Posted by sybille47 on 11/9/2008 at 15:53

I am thinking of doing some volunteer english teaching at that school. I would be interested in hearing from people who have been there, for how long, and where did you stay? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,564 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by ruxandra on 25/4/2009 at 23:48

Siem Reap - current prices for good guide and driver

Posted by basejump on 20/3/2009 at 16:54

hi can we have some post about current prices for good english speaking guides and air con car is $25 per day reasonable for the guide. for the car, we have been quoted $45 for Kbal Spean, Banteay Srei & Taprom. and $30 for Angkor ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,062 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by siemreaprooms on 24/4/2009 at 13:01

Cheapest flights from London to Cambodia

Posted by remf on 23/4/2009 at 17:26

Hi all, Been doing a bit of shopping about, but struggling to find deals at the moment. I'm going to be travelling in July - August this year - and whilst I appreciate this is 'peak' season for most airlines, I'm wondering if anyone has found good deals in the past. So far, the cheapest I can find is with Malaysian Airlines at over £800! Any help/ideas appreacited. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,597 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by siemreaprooms on 24/4/2009 at 12:46

Siem Riep TO Poipet by bus or taxi?

Posted by gaberhodes on 18/4/2009 at 14:22

I know about the well-documented scam bus coming from BKK to Siem Riep. But what about the other direction? Is it worth paying the xtra money for 2 people in a taxi? Or has the recent experience going back to Bangkok on the scam buses improved? Any advice greatly appreciated. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,821 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by nathantraveler on 23/4/2009 at 22:58

Daytrips to Phnom Tamao Wildlife Rescue Centre - Betelnut Tours

Posted by betelnuttours on 1/5/2008 at 14:31

Betelnut Tours #23b St 93 - Lakeside (@Lazy Gecko Cafe) Tel 012619924 email betelnuttours@gmail.com website www.betelnuttours.com Betelnut Tours conducts daytrips to the Phnom Tamao Wildlife Rescue Centre. The day is inclusive of a guided tour of the centre, lunch and some special behind the scenes access with the elephants and tigers. The centre houses over eighty species of indigenous wildlife including gibbons, sunbears, asiatic black bears, leopards and the critically endangered el ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 8,423 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 21/4/2009 at 09:49

Siem Reap to Kompong Cham

Posted by DShearer86 on 20/4/2009 at 18:41

Hi all. Just wondering if you can get a bus from Siem Reap to Kompong Cham?I know you can via Phnom Phen but idealy We're looking for a more direct route. We're flying from Phnom Phen to BKK so we can get a 30 day visa, so seems a bit illogical to bus from SR to PP to KC, just to go back to PP. We're crossing into Cambodia at Piopet hence begining from SR. Any advice about what KC is like is greatly appreciated too!! I've heard it's similar to PP but less busy, which sounds pretty nice... ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,556 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 20/4/2009 at 20:15

Siem Reap to Ko Chang - May 4th, anyone??

Posted by keno on 8/4/2009 at 00:07

Hey all, Just wondering if there is anybody out there who's looking to go to Ko Chang , Thailand from Siem Reap on Monday, May 4th, 2009. The guesthouse my friend and I will be staying at in Ko Chang offers a private transfer service from Siem Reap to Ko Chang -- there's a car (for 2 people, 8,500 Baht) or a mini-bus (up to 8 people, 10,000B), all taxes included, pay on arrival in Ko Chang. Hiring the car is too expensive for us but we thought if we could find enough people to fill ( ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,516 times, with no replies.

Itinerary ideas

Posted by Joshq on 5/4/2009 at 16:40

Hey guys I am currently booking my trip and have hit a dead end with organising my cambodian leg of the trip. Basically, I am going to be coming from Bangkok in early-mid july on my way overland to HCMC. I will have about 2 weeks to get to Vietnam. Firstly - is it possible? I know it's not a huge amount of time... any ideas and advice would be great ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,393 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by Joshq on 7/4/2009 at 18:02

La Residence d'Angkor

Posted by pacific2pete on 5/4/2009 at 01:08

If you have stayed here recently, would love to hear about it, and whether it is suitable for a family of four (two young teens). Thank you! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,644 times, with no replies.

Khmer New Year

Posted by Stigron on 15/2/2009 at 08:48

We're travelling to VietNam and Cambodia from 10 April to 26 April. We have been told that Cambodia " shuts Down" during the new year celbrations 14,15 & 16 and that accomodation and transport is difficult. Can anyone shed some light on this TIA ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,570 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by sayadian on 2/4/2009 at 23:26

Southern Cambodia beaches and travel

Posted by forever_stoked on 29/3/2009 at 17:27

heading that way soon. leave BKK for PP tomorrow, spend a few days around Siem Reap, then headed south. is travel fairly cheap to get to southern cambodia? also wondering about the beaches down there? any recommendations are welcome, we've been in Thailand for a month and are looking forward to Cambodia. cheers ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,495 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 30/3/2009 at 07:23

Taxi share? Siem reap - poipet

Posted by janda on 25/3/2009 at 14:39

Hi 2 of us are taking a taxi tomorrow 26/3/09 around half 7 from siem reap to poipet and looking for someone to share with. Our hotel has priced us $32 Anyone interested please email asap! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,358 times, with no replies.

ATMs to get US dollars

Posted by basejump on 21/3/2009 at 12:36

I have noticed that there are ATMs in Siem Reap which issue US$; this seems like a good way to access cash at the best exchange rate of the day assuming your issuing bank doesn't flog you too much for using an overseas ATM (and assuming you are not from the states in which case the exchange rate is not an issue) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,975 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by dageshi on 24/3/2009 at 18:03

BEWARE GOING TO ATM AFTER DARK IN SIHANOUVILLE

Posted by kato1940 on 16/1/2009 at 11:53

A CANADIAN AID WORKER LEFT HIS GROUP WENT TO AN ATM AND WAS CLUBBED IN THE HEAD RIDING AWAY ON HIS MOTOR CYCLE,ROBBED, stripped of his clothing and left in the ditch . He died a c ouple of days later. Be carefull being alone ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,085 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by dageshi on 24/3/2009 at 18:01

Great Budget Hotel in Siem Reap

Posted by Khushi on 19/3/2009 at 11:56

Just returned from a trip to Cambodia. Stayed at a really great guest house in Siem Reap called Five Star Anchor Villa , which has recently come under new management. Phil and Harry , the two Brits who now run it are extremely helpful and friendly....which was a great help since I was travelling with elderly parent.s Five Star Ankor Villa guest house (www.fivestarangkor.com ) has nice rooms, good location and a very lively restaurant / pub at street level. They will also arrange tours and ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,927 times, with no replies.

5 Weeks to travel - Cambodia or Cambodia/Laos

Posted by damos68 on 27/2/2009 at 15:34

Hey everyone flying to Cambodia in April for 5 weeks and just wondering how I should spend my time. That is should I just explore Cambodia or should I try and spend some time in Laos. I can always come back to Laos at some time in the near future, so would it be worthwhile just focusing on Cambodia or is 5 weeks too long? I have checked the suggested itineraries already so have a pretty good idea of where to go and what to see. Just thinking of the time. All suggestions appreciated. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,475 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by damos68 on 17/3/2009 at 18:22

Bangkok-Siem Reap?

Posted by Apoloplaza on 11/1/2009 at 07:40

Hi guys, Im new to this site so if Im asking a question thats been covered before, please forgive me! At some point we would like to travel from Bangkok to Siem Reap. We have heard many nightmare stories about the journey/border crossing/trains etc. Is there anyone out there who could give us some practical advice on this journey? Thanks in advance ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,049 times, with 20 replies. Last reply by peader76 on 17/3/2009 at 10:30

NY Times on Kep

Posted by somtam2000 on 16/3/2009 at 09:39

The New York Times has a reasonable piece on Southern Cambodia you may be interested in -- it covers Kep , Kampot and Sihanoukville. You can read the story here. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,289 times, with no replies.

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page