Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

internet accessibility in Cambodia

Posted by smilenbean on 15/5/2009 at 22:48

How hard is it to find places to get on the internet in Cambodia. I will need to check in with my family from time to time ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,924 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by amazon_blonde on 18/5/2009 at 23:42

Tailors in Cambodia

Posted by yossarian on 10/5/2009 at 15:01

I am going to Cambodia for a couple of weeks in August and wonder if there is any point in having clothes (suit/shirts) made while there? I tried to search around a bit, but only found good tailors mentioned for Thailand and Vietnam, so hoping somebody can help me. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,412 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 11/5/2009 at 08:34

Cold In The East @ Night?

Posted by damos68 on 1/4/2009 at 19:03

I can't imagine it to be true in April but I have heard it can get cold @ night in Ratankiri and Mondulkiri. Should I pack a hoodie and long trousers (was originally just coming to Cambodia with a fw shorts and some tees....)? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,610 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by damos68 on 9/5/2009 at 10:12

Updated coverage of Sen Monorom

Posted by somtam2000 on 8/5/2009 at 09:14

We've just updated all our coverage for Sen Monorom in the heart of Cambodia's "Wild East" -- if you're thinking of heading out that way, you may want to give it a read. Cheers! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,510 times, with no replies.

Best way to Stung Treng?

Posted by smkuchta on 5/5/2009 at 18:06

We are heading overland from PP to Southern Laos in a few days and I was wondering if anyone has taken the Sorya buses to Stung Treng? How are they? Any updates on how long it is taking? I know many of the roads are being upgraded in Cambodia (We did Battambang to Siem Reap in just under 3 hours by bus). Looking for some current info. Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,828 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by smkuchta on 6/5/2009 at 12:02

How to travel SE Asia

Posted by KRStamm on 24/1/2009 at 00:19

I Am going to SE Asia for 2 months (nov and dec 2009) I have already Traveled southern Thailand. How do I go about traveling Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam with out too much back tracking. My 1st thought was to fly in to BKK then to Laos or Cambodia. Please let me know what you did and how in the world to go about it. Thanks Kirstin ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,811 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by brucemoon on 3/5/2009 at 05:38

Crime in Cambodia down 20% from 2007 in 2008!

Posted by think87 on 8/3/2009 at 03:57

PHNOM PENH, March 5 (Xinhua) -- Crime occurrence dropped by 20 percent in 2008 over 2007, down to 8 an average day from 10, English-Khmer language newspaper the Cambodia Daily reported Thursday, quoting official figures. There were altogether 2,881 crimes committed in Cambodia in 2008, compared with 3,732 in 2007, according to Interior Ministry spokesman Khieu Sopheak. Meanwhile, on average, less than one crime per day took place in the capital city in 2008, according to the nation ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,415 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by brucemoon on 2/5/2009 at 19:01

20 Questions on Siem Reap

Posted by mindy on 19/4/2009 at 09:35

Ok, so 20 is a bit of an exaggeration but I do have quite a few. I'm heading to Vietnam for a trip through my university and when everyone else heads back to the USA I'm going to go to Cambodia - I refuse to fly to SE Asia and not see Angkor Wat. I'll be traveling from Ho Chi Minh to Siam Reap, ideally I'd like to take a bus but the travel agent advised against it. From what I've read the trip sounds safe so I think she might just be the unadventurous type that doesn't travel well with ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,798 times, with 10 replies. Last reply by Stigron on 2/5/2009 at 14:13

Siem Reap Neighborhoods

Posted by dmandel on 26/2/2009 at 06:26

I'm going to Siem Reap for the first time in early April and I am wondering what part of town to stay in. I've read the reviews of guest houses here and in several travel books, and it seems like there are various neighborhoods to stay in. If I am looking for an area that is pleasant and quiet but not too far out of the way, what would you recommend? I am in the $20 - $25 USD guesthouse range. Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,337 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by deba on 30/4/2009 at 22:56

Bangkok to Siem Reap taxi share from poipet

Posted by johickman on 28/4/2009 at 15:10

Short notice, but I'm taking the bus from Bangkok to Siem Reap tomorrow morning (April 29); looking for someone to share a taxi from Poipet to Siem Reap. Trying to leave early (by around 7:30 or so). ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,071 times, with no replies.

Picking ONE Cambodian Island only

Posted by Intrepid82 on 24/4/2009 at 12:34

With time to visit only one island in Cambodia - what would you recommend?! NOT wanting anywhere that is expensive, hard to get to, or over-run with tourists....definitely looking for a chilled out getwaway. If I cant find this then I am inclined not to even bother going that far south - so any advice would be great! Cheers ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,026 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by cybervlad on 28/4/2009 at 00:56

Chumkriel Language School Kampot

Posted by sybille47 on 11/9/2008 at 15:53

I am thinking of doing some volunteer english teaching at that school. I would be interested in hearing from people who have been there, for how long, and where did you stay? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,589 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by ruxandra on 25/4/2009 at 23:48

Siem Reap - current prices for good guide and driver

Posted by basejump on 20/3/2009 at 16:54

hi can we have some post about current prices for good english speaking guides and air con car is $25 per day reasonable for the guide. for the car, we have been quoted $45 for Kbal Spean, Banteay Srei & Taprom. and $30 for Angkor ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,081 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by siemreaprooms on 24/4/2009 at 13:01

Cheapest flights from London to Cambodia

Posted by remf on 23/4/2009 at 17:26

Hi all, Been doing a bit of shopping about, but struggling to find deals at the moment. I'm going to be travelling in July - August this year - and whilst I appreciate this is 'peak' season for most airlines, I'm wondering if anyone has found good deals in the past. So far, the cheapest I can find is with Malaysian Airlines at over £800! Any help/ideas appreacited. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,633 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by siemreaprooms on 24/4/2009 at 12:46

Siem Riep TO Poipet by bus or taxi?

Posted by gaberhodes on 18/4/2009 at 14:22

I know about the well-documented scam bus coming from BKK to Siem Riep. But what about the other direction? Is it worth paying the xtra money for 2 people in a taxi? Or has the recent experience going back to Bangkok on the scam buses improved? Any advice greatly appreciated. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,840 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by nathantraveler on 23/4/2009 at 22:58

Daytrips to Phnom Tamao Wildlife Rescue Centre - Betelnut Tours

Posted by betelnuttours on 1/5/2008 at 14:31

Betelnut Tours #23b St 93 - Lakeside (@Lazy Gecko Cafe) Tel 012619924 email website Betelnut Tours conducts daytrips to the Phnom Tamao Wildlife Rescue Centre. The day is inclusive of a guided tour of the centre, lunch and some special behind the scenes access with the elephants and tigers. The centre houses over eighty species of indigenous wildlife including gibbons, sunbears, asiatic black bears, leopards and the critically endangered el ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 8,450 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 21/4/2009 at 09:49

Siem Reap to Kompong Cham

Posted by DShearer86 on 20/4/2009 at 18:41

Hi all. Just wondering if you can get a bus from Siem Reap to Kompong Cham?I know you can via Phnom Phen but idealy We're looking for a more direct route. We're flying from Phnom Phen to BKK so we can get a 30 day visa, so seems a bit illogical to bus from SR to PP to KC, just to go back to PP. We're crossing into Cambodia at Piopet hence begining from SR. Any advice about what KC is like is greatly appreciated too!! I've heard it's similar to PP but less busy, which sounds pretty nice... ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,611 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 20/4/2009 at 20:15

Siem Reap to Ko Chang - May 4th, anyone??

Posted by keno on 8/4/2009 at 00:07

Hey all, Just wondering if there is anybody out there who's looking to go to Ko Chang , Thailand from Siem Reap on Monday, May 4th, 2009. The guesthouse my friend and I will be staying at in Ko Chang offers a private transfer service from Siem Reap to Ko Chang -- there's a car (for 2 people, 8,500 Baht) or a mini-bus (up to 8 people, 10,000B), all taxes included, pay on arrival in Ko Chang. Hiring the car is too expensive for us but we thought if we could find enough people to fill ( ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,527 times, with no replies.

Itinerary ideas

Posted by Joshq on 5/4/2009 at 16:40

Hey guys I am currently booking my trip and have hit a dead end with organising my cambodian leg of the trip. Basically, I am going to be coming from Bangkok in early-mid july on my way overland to HCMC. I will have about 2 weeks to get to Vietnam. Firstly - is it possible? I know it's not a huge amount of time... any ideas and advice would be great ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,404 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by Joshq on 7/4/2009 at 18:02

La Residence d'Angkor

Posted by pacific2pete on 5/4/2009 at 01:08

If you have stayed here recently, would love to hear about it, and whether it is suitable for a family of four (two young teens). Thank you! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,657 times, with no replies.

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page