Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Siem Reap to Don Det (Laos)

Posted by kirsh on 4/3/2009 at 21:11

hey guys. Can anyone tell me the (relatively!) quickest way to travel from Siem Reap to Don Det in the Si Phan Don region of Laos? I'm not bothered about missing Kratie - would prefer to just make tracks to Laos. I figure we will probably have to get to Stung Treng somehow and then a boat or bus to the Laos border....any advice please?! Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,174 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Lother on 5/3/2009 at 04:03

Poipet or Pallin to cross into Cambodia?

Posted by debs23 on 3/2/2009 at 05:24

Can anyone share their experiences with me, I am off to Cambodia at the weekend and still haven't decided which border to cross over into Cambodia. I want to get to Battambang from Bangkok in a day. Read mixed reports about Pallin crossing, long waits for transport and visa scams, on the other hand there's a long list for the Poipet crossing as well. Any advice anyone? Thank you ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,219 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 2/3/2009 at 14:13

Kampot update

Posted by mattocmd on 14/1/2009 at 19:45

Bokor Hill is CLOSED for the next couple of weeks. I don't know if someone already posted this so sorry if this is redundant. Also, I saw an international ATM in Kampot at the Canadia Bank. I stayed in Kampot for two nights at two different guesthouses and Blissful is the best bang for your buck! Stay there! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,295 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by onceuponthe on 28/2/2009 at 04:16

Sihanoukville Beaches

Posted by benh on 15/10/2008 at 19:51

What are they like? I have read varied reports ranging from beautiful to disgusting. I am planning to stay for 4 days in February. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,713 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by onceuponthe on 28/2/2009 at 04:08

New bakery in Kep ... Worth going out of your way for

Posted by amazon_blonde on 27/2/2009 at 13:39

A new bakery has opened in Kep in the last few weeks. Salt+Pepper is near the white horse roundabout (when you look at a Canby publications map, or get here, you'll know what I mean by white horse roundabout), maybe 20 meters west of the roundabout on the south side of the street. Look for the red and yellow sign. Run by a friendly German woman, this place makes the best brownies we've had in ages and some of the best (and cheapest) coffee we've had in Cambodia. Fresh bread, lots of cake ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,358 times, with no replies.

How bad is the rain mid April to mid June?

Posted by blissflow on 26/2/2009 at 14:27

I am considering backpacking around Cambodia and maybe into Thailand from mid April to mid June. I know that the wet season starts up around this time. I was wondering if anyone knows just how bad the rain gets around these months. I may push my trip forward to January. Would this be a better time to travel Cambodia/Thailand? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,936 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 26/2/2009 at 18:29

Anyone travelling to Cambodia around March 17-18th??

Posted by samirkarnik1603 on 26/2/2009 at 14:29

Hey, Im going to be travelling from Bangkok to Siem Reap around the 17th of March after which i plan to stay in Cambodia for 2 weeks. Will be visiting SR, PP and Sihanoukville among other places. I will be backpacking across Cambodia alone as of now and I am looking for other travellers who will be visiting at the same time to either share the travel experiance, or Maybe to share taxi etc from BKK to SR or just travel Cambodia with. Esp like minded people who like art music and cul ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,281 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by samirkarnik1603 on 26/2/2009 at 15:58

Booking Air Asia online

Posted by emmryss on 14/12/2007 at 10:29

Has anyone booked Air Asia online lately? I started out with a fare from Bangkok to Phnom Penh of 700 baht so that's 1400 baht for 2 tickets and by the time I got to the payment page it was 4,818 baht. What gives? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 20,048 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by chopin on 18/2/2009 at 13:15

Kampot to Trat how and posible in one day?

Posted by debs23 on 16/2/2009 at 19:47

Hi there, can anyone tell me the best way to get from Kampot to Trat in a day crossing at Hat LekI have heard there is a land and sea option. Many thanks an idea of prices would be really helpful too. Thank you ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,755 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 18/2/2009 at 07:32

Kantha Bopha Siem Reap

Posted by meganrdavis on 17/2/2009 at 12:03

I'm sure that if you have already been then you know who Beatocello is and what he is about. But if you do not, then I recommend you to go, for the cause is just and one can always benefit from knowledge. Due to decrease in tourism, Beat Richner has increased his FREE cello concert and speach to twice a week. Thursday AND Saturday both at 730pm. It is air-con so pack some sleeves. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,615 times, with no replies.

From Pursat to Central Cardamoms Protected Forest (CCPF)

Posted by orionarrow on 9/1/2009 at 22:34

Hi there, May I know if anyone has ever visited/expored the CCPF area before? I understand that it is relatively close to Pursat. I read that there is a guesthouse at Thma Bang and you can stay there overnight and probably arrange for a guide and stay at the ranger station? If yes, I would appreciate your advice. Thanks in advance! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,555 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by orionarrow on 16/2/2009 at 21:35

Recommendation for moto - Battambang

Posted by orionarrow on 15/2/2009 at 13:26

Hi all, I just got back from Cambodia and wish to recommend a moto driver in Battambang. He's Samel and contact 012 336 268. He speaks good English and took me to the bamboo train, enroute to race paper making and Ek Phnom. That cost me about USD7. His moto sits 3 persons max (including him). Have fun! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,788 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by orionarrow on 15/2/2009 at 14:22

have you had a great guide at angkor

Posted by mwertheim on 14/2/2009 at 17:18

Asked before, I know, but wanted a recent response. Would love some good recommendations. Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,266 times, with no replies.

which midrange hotel in Siem Reap

Posted by paradise on 11/2/2009 at 10:55

We're looking at staying at either Mystere Angkor or Golden Banana Boutique hotel for 3 nights (both are midrange) - anyone have any experiences with either or both and can help us decide? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,352 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by paradise on 11/2/2009 at 11:40

latest visa price at Had lek/Koh Kong

Posted by sayadian on 11/9/2008 at 15:53

Can anyone tell me what the price for $20/25 visa is currently at this border crossing. I heard the Cambodian immigration are getting greedier and expect 1400 baht! or has this problem been addressed and the correct price charged (do pigs fly?) I have to decide which border to cross in 2 weeks time. I'd prefer KK but am reluctant to support this scam.Thanks all. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,882 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by BDV on 4/2/2009 at 09:37

English speaking Dr in Siem Reap?

Posted by rooney on 3/2/2009 at 13:05

Hi everyone, can anyone tell me if they know of an English speaking doctor in Siem Reap? Nothing serious, but my friend has what we, (and a couple of pharmacists) think might be a stomache ulcer, but none of the things the pharmacists have given her are helping. She's in a bit of pain and we could really do with talking to a doctor. Thanks in advance to all you lovely helpful Travelfish people out there... Katherine ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,456 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Lother on 3/2/2009 at 15:42

From Siem Reap via Battambang to Koh Chang

Posted by mjldsk on 6/1/2009 at 04:43

Dear travellers, I am planning to travel from Siem Reap to Koh Chang with a stopover (1 day) in Battambang. This route seems very attractive to me. I am planning to cross the border at Pailin. As I am in Cambodia for the first time, I would be grateful for any advices. Could you please give me some hints concerning adequate transportation (Bus or Taxi)? Is it possible to complete the route from Battambang to Koh Chang in one day? Thank you very much in advance. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 10,572 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by nedz on 2/2/2009 at 18:17

LOST CAMERA

Posted by Juve on 2/2/2009 at 11:12

Hope this is acceptable. My daughter lost an Olympus Camera with 2GB memory card during a school excursion in CAMBODIA late January 2009. Photos include Vietnam, and Cambodia. The usual stufff - tunnels, killing fields, temples etc, but also some schools, lots of shots of her school friends, and some holding tarantulas. Would love to have a miracle and have someone find the camera - the memory card is all we really want. Stranger things have happened!! Here's hoping. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,064 times, with no replies.

a cute place in battambang

Posted by mamaison on 29/1/2009 at 23:43

small only 2 rooms but very private http://mamaisonbattambang.h5.com ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,804 times, with no replies.

bangkok - siem reap

Posted by knot01 on 25/1/2009 at 06:15

Hi, We will be going to Siem Reap from Bangkok in March probably 17th of March. We are planning to take a taxi from the Poi -Pet to SR, anybody interested in sharing? It will be two of us, so one more person will be OK, confortable for all of us. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,408 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by knot01 on 25/1/2009 at 19:30

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page