Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Daytrips to Phnom Tamao Wildlife Rescue Centre - Betelnut Tours

Posted by betelnuttours on 1/5/2008 at 14:31

Betelnut Tours #23b St 93 - Lakeside (@Lazy Gecko Cafe) Tel 012619924 email betelnuttours@gmail.com website www.betelnuttours.com Betelnut Tours conducts daytrips to the Phnom Tamao Wildlife Rescue Centre. The day is inclusive of a guided tour of the centre, lunch and some special behind the scenes access with the elephants and tigers. The centre houses over eighty species of indigenous wildlife including gibbons, sunbears, asiatic black bears, leopards and the critically endangered el ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 8,683 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 21/4/2009 at 09:49

Book your Cambodia travel tickets online
  Buy bus, ferry and taxi tickets online.

Siem Reap to Kompong Cham

Posted by DShearer86 on 20/4/2009 at 18:41

Hi all. Just wondering if you can get a bus from Siem Reap to Kompong Cham?I know you can via Phnom Phen but idealy We're looking for a more direct route. We're flying from Phnom Phen to BKK so we can get a 30 day visa, so seems a bit illogical to bus from SR to PP to KC, just to go back to PP. We're crossing into Cambodia at Piopet hence begining from SR. Any advice about what KC is like is greatly appreciated too!! I've heard it's similar to PP but less busy, which sounds pretty nice... ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,804 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 20/4/2009 at 20:15

Siem Reap to Ko Chang - May 4th, anyone??

Posted by keno on 8/4/2009 at 00:07

Hey all, Just wondering if there is anybody out there who's looking to go to Ko Chang , Thailand from Siem Reap on Monday, May 4th, 2009. The guesthouse my friend and I will be staying at in Ko Chang offers a private transfer service from Siem Reap to Ko Chang -- there's a car (for 2 people, 8,500 Baht) or a mini-bus (up to 8 people, 10,000B), all taxes included, pay on arrival in Ko Chang. Hiring the car is too expensive for us but we thought if we could find enough people to fill ( ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,600 times, with no replies.

Itinerary ideas

Posted by Joshq on 5/4/2009 at 16:40

Hey guys I am currently booking my trip and have hit a dead end with organising my cambodian leg of the trip. Basically, I am going to be coming from Bangkok in early-mid july on my way overland to HCMC. I will have about 2 weeks to get to Vietnam. Firstly - is it possible? I know it's not a huge amount of time... any ideas and advice would be great ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,475 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by Joshq on 7/4/2009 at 18:02

La Residence d'Angkor

Posted by pacific2pete on 5/4/2009 at 01:08

If you have stayed here recently, would love to hear about it, and whether it is suitable for a family of four (two young teens). Thank you! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,739 times, with no replies.

Khmer New Year

Posted by Stigron on 15/2/2009 at 08:48

We're travelling to VietNam and Cambodia from 10 April to 26 April. We have been told that Cambodia " shuts Down" during the new year celbrations 14,15 & 16 and that accomodation and transport is difficult. Can anyone shed some light on this TIA ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,663 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by sayadian on 2/4/2009 at 23:26

Southern Cambodia beaches and travel

Posted by forever_stoked on 29/3/2009 at 17:27

heading that way soon. leave BKK for PP tomorrow, spend a few days around Siem Reap, then headed south. is travel fairly cheap to get to southern cambodia? also wondering about the beaches down there? any recommendations are welcome, we've been in Thailand for a month and are looking forward to Cambodia. cheers ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,691 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 30/3/2009 at 07:23

Taxi share? Siem reap - poipet

Posted by janda on 25/3/2009 at 14:39

Hi 2 of us are taking a taxi tomorrow 26/3/09 around half 7 from siem reap to poipet and looking for someone to share with. Our hotel has priced us $32 Anyone interested please email asap! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,443 times, with no replies.

ATMs to get US dollars

Posted by basejump on 21/3/2009 at 12:36

I have noticed that there are ATMs in Siem Reap which issue US$; this seems like a good way to access cash at the best exchange rate of the day assuming your issuing bank doesn't flog you too much for using an overseas ATM (and assuming you are not from the states in which case the exchange rate is not an issue) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,155 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by dageshi on 24/3/2009 at 18:03

BEWARE GOING TO ATM AFTER DARK IN SIHANOUVILLE

Posted by kato1940 on 16/1/2009 at 11:53

A CANADIAN AID WORKER LEFT HIS GROUP WENT TO AN ATM AND WAS CLUBBED IN THE HEAD RIDING AWAY ON HIS MOTOR CYCLE,ROBBED, stripped of his clothing and left in the ditch . He died a c ouple of days later. Be carefull being alone ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,171 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by dageshi on 24/3/2009 at 18:01

Great Budget Hotel in Siem Reap

Posted by Khushi on 19/3/2009 at 11:56

Just returned from a trip to Cambodia. Stayed at a really great guest house in Siem Reap called Five Star Anchor Villa , which has recently come under new management. Phil and Harry , the two Brits who now run it are extremely helpful and friendly....which was a great help since I was travelling with elderly parent.s Five Star Ankor Villa guest house (www.fivestarangkor.com ) has nice rooms, good location and a very lively restaurant / pub at street level. They will also arrange tours and ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,011 times, with no replies.

5 Weeks to travel - Cambodia or Cambodia/Laos

Posted by damos68 on 27/2/2009 at 15:34

Hey everyone flying to Cambodia in April for 5 weeks and just wondering how I should spend my time. That is should I just explore Cambodia or should I try and spend some time in Laos. I can always come back to Laos at some time in the near future, so would it be worthwhile just focusing on Cambodia or is 5 weeks too long? I have checked the suggested itineraries already so have a pretty good idea of where to go and what to see. Just thinking of the time. All suggestions appreciated. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,564 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by damos68 on 17/3/2009 at 18:22

Bangkok-Siem Reap?

Posted by Apoloplaza on 11/1/2009 at 07:40

Hi guys, Im new to this site so if Im asking a question thats been covered before, please forgive me! At some point we would like to travel from Bangkok to Siem Reap. We have heard many nightmare stories about the journey/border crossing/trains etc. Is there anyone out there who could give us some practical advice on this journey? Thanks in advance ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,166 times, with 20 replies. Last reply by peader76 on 17/3/2009 at 10:30

NY Times on Kep

Posted by somtam2000 on 16/3/2009 at 09:39

The New York Times has a reasonable piece on Southern Cambodia you may be interested in -- it covers Kep , Kampot and Sihanoukville. You can read the story here. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,392 times, with no replies.

Where to stay in Phnom Penh

Posted by mossjudith on 11/3/2009 at 07:29

Any suggestions on a inexpensive, safe, clean place to stay in Phnom Penh for 2 "older" Americans? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,123 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by mossjudith on 14/3/2009 at 19:53

Chau Doc to Sihanoukville

Posted by kierjan on 7/3/2009 at 22:37

Can anybody please recommend the best way (or any way) to get from Chau Doc to Sihanoukville without going to Phnom Penh. Thanks, Jan ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,607 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by amazon_blonde on 8/3/2009 at 20:11

From Phnom Penh to Koh Kong

Posted by ahxian on 19/10/2008 at 23:35

Hi. I'm traveling with 3 pals from Phnom Penh to Bangkok. To get to the border crossing, we plan to book a whole taxi from Phnom Penh. Would like to find out the cost and time needed for the trip to Koh Kong. Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,043 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by mrparanoid on 5/3/2009 at 15:38

POI PET SCAM

Posted by meganrdavis on 17/2/2009 at 11:46

DO NOT exchange your money on the border crossing into Cambodia. It is a scam. The exchange in HORRIBLE and you should know the exchange is 4000 Riel to the dollar, commission is a hoax, and your Thai baht works JUST FINE. In fact, if you are reading this and encounter this event, stand up for your fellow men and scream "NONSENSE you Fuck wad". ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,216 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by mrparanoid on 5/3/2009 at 15:29

Cycling/Trekking Trip

Posted by travelsalone on 4/3/2009 at 17:51

Suddenly decided to go to Cambodia in April but am short on time...can be there between 4/5 Apr-11/12 Apr. I would like to do some kind of off-the-beaten-path trip...any names of reliable adventure companies to contact would be appreciated... ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,613 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 5/3/2009 at 12:10

Siem Reap to Don Det (Laos)

Posted by kirsh on 4/3/2009 at 21:11

hey guys. Can anyone tell me the (relatively!) quickest way to travel from Siem Reap to Don Det in the Si Phan Don region of Laos? I'm not bothered about missing Kratie - would prefer to just make tracks to Laos. I figure we will probably have to get to Stung Treng somehow and then a boat or bus to the Laos border....any advice please?! Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,287 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Lother on 5/3/2009 at 04:03

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page