Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Indonesian needs visa?

Posted by wildaribka on 2/12/2008 at 12:47

hello..i am an indonesian and i am thinking of travelling to cambodia on january by bus from China where i am staying now.. i am first going to vietnam, cambodia, laos and thailand.. i know that to go vietnam,we don't need visa.. but what about laos, cambodia and thailand?do i need visa? do any of you guys know? if you do know, please tell me.. i need a certain information about this.. noted: i am holding a common passport, not a diplomat passport.. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,921 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 11/12/2008 at 17:30

PP or SR to Hoi An

Posted by annalaura on 2/12/2008 at 02:52

does anyone know the easiest way to get from eiher Phnom Penh or Siem Reap up to Hoi An??? we will be going around christmas time.. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,526 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 11/12/2008 at 17:24

Tell me about Kep

Posted by fondo on 29/6/2008 at 16:55

I've got a pretty high tolerance for not much to do so Kep is sounding pretty good for a few days in Nov. I thought a pool with a couple of trips to Rabbit Island sounded cool. Any input about accom with a pool? The most elusive after net searching is N4 guesthouse, anyone stayed there? Kep Lodge sounds OK too, and the Beach House is reputedly the best, but then again maybe not! BTW, the back page of my LP Cambodia guide is perfectly clear that the guide contains 'opinionated reviews ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,071 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by fondo on 5/12/2008 at 08:56

Take Your Time

Posted by Ruthyp on 5/12/2008 at 02:48

I'd just like to say to anyone considering a whistle stop tour of cambodia or dropping in to Cambodia quickly from Thailand or Vietnam - don't do it. Take your time and really get to know the Cambodia and it's people. I recently came out to Cambodia for only two weeks, primarily to visit a friend who's a volunteer in Cambodia but also to see the amazing sights or Angkor. I should have taken at least three weeks - minimum. From arriving in PP we left for Sihanoukville for two nights, then on t ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,660 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 5/12/2008 at 07:45

Boat to Siem Reap from Kampong Chhnang

Posted by sarahmlowry on 20/11/2008 at 21:42

Has anyone found a boat to Siem Reap from Kampong Chhnang? It seems logical that they exist but no-one in PP seemed to be able to confirm that. Any recent experiences to report? Thank you! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,746 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Ruthyp on 5/12/2008 at 01:51

Cambodian Transport

Posted by PrawnFingers on 7/11/2008 at 22:27

Hey, Just need some up-to-date info on transport options in Cambodia. I am hoping to go and a couple of weeks. My problem is that I have a medical problem where I get very dehydrated and drink around 10L a day and so need the toilet about every 2-3 hours. From what I have heard and read there are no toilets on the buses and no regular stops. Are there minibuses now between the main destinations? How often do the buses stop in towns? Flying is not an option as budget is ultra tight. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,927 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by Ruthyp on 5/12/2008 at 01:47

Two visas in one year for Cambodia is this possible?

Posted by spearmas on 1/12/2008 at 12:08

Hi there My friend and I are currently stranded in Bangkok. We are looking at alternative routes to Singapore and were hoping to fly from Siem Reape to Singapore. I wonder what the situation is with getting a second Cambodian visa. We are both Irish citizens but we have already visited Cambodia this year and held a 1 month visa from 17/09/08 - 17/10/08 Can you please advise me whether we are entitled to another visa. We will need to be in CAmbodia for a maximum of 2 nights. Thank yo ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,708 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by jungleland on 2/12/2008 at 15:06

Pakse to Siam Riep (how long?)

Posted by Freddy69 on 23/11/2008 at 17:41

Hi! I will be doing this trip, there is good info on this site on crossing the boarder and about arranging with a travel agent. I will doing the trip with an agent, but I am wondering how long the trip will take? Thank you. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,806 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by jungleland on 30/11/2008 at 15:08

Phnom Penh to Phu Quoc advice needed!!!!!

Posted by technologic on 26/11/2008 at 03:52

Hi We're going to be in cambodia this january and are planning to travel from phnom penh to phu quoc. I've had a look at the ways of getting there but am more looking for thoughts on whether it's better to go coastal or river? Options would be to go PP to Chau Doc to Rach Gia to Phu quoc (taxi/bus/boat) Any ideas how long this would take? If it is not doable in one day possibly overnight in Rach Gia OR PP to Kampot/Kep spend a night there and then do the run to Rach Gia in morning thr ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,533 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Husko on 26/11/2008 at 13:33

From Phnom Penh to Bangkok- southern route

Posted by ripya on 20/11/2008 at 09:26

I need to get to Bangkok from Phnom Penh and was hoping to travel along the southern coast of Cambodia to get there. The only buses from PP to Bkk seem to go through Siem Reap and then cross the border at Poipet. I went this way on my way into Cambodia so was hoping to exit via south and stop off along the way. I know i can get to Sihanoukville from PP but does anyone know if I can then get to Krong Koh Kong or Hat Lek at the Thai border? If I can do this by boat, even better! Then once acros ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,356 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 23/11/2008 at 15:41

Bus to Cambodia VISA???

Posted by Beckstar on 18/11/2008 at 21:21

If I take a bus from Bangkok to Phnom Penh, will it stop at one of the checkpoints that accepts e-Visas? What is my best bet for getting my visa to Cambodia, if I want to take the bus from BKK to Phnom Penh? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,045 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by Beckstar on 20/11/2008 at 20:53

Happy Pizza

Posted by mattocmd on 23/10/2008 at 22:07

Hello, Once in a while I like to enjoy a little mary jane - don't judge me. It's not a regular habit, but when I am on vacation, I often enjoy myself (and drink less alcohol) when I can enjoy some bud. Much to my suprise I have read that they closed down all of the happy pizzas (or at least forced them to take it off of the menus) in Cambodia. Is this being enforced by the authorities? Will I have a hard time scoring some bud in snookville? Thanks a lot! Peace! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,108 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by Munkychump on 19/11/2008 at 22:21

Tranquility Guesthouse in Sihanoukville was amazing - the rest was horrid

Posted by tlm44 on 19/11/2008 at 10:57

I am not sure about others but what a different experience I had there. I loved loved loved everything I have done so far in Cambodia so figured days at the beach. Well on the way there my camera got stolen 0 my own fault but I did just eat a tarantula.... then upon arriving they would only take me to the GST guesthouse. Figuring I was a dumb tourist they tried to take me for a fortune for everything.... Plus no one had any real interest in a blonde girl... and I had something slipped in a d ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,929 times, with no replies.

What is siem reap like for new year?

Posted by mrkarlholland on 5/11/2008 at 21:40

Hey im trying to decide on where would be best to spend my new year. I was thinking of staying in bangkok but thought i would ask your opinions on siem reap for new year. I will be heading there in jan if i do stay in bangkok. any advice on places to go for new would be welcome thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,096 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by mrkarlholland on 12/11/2008 at 18:45

Travel agent in PP?

Posted by sarahmlowry on 10/11/2008 at 16:24

Can anyone recommend a travel agent in PP who can help with bus routes, times of boats, hotels in the smaller towns, etc etc? Many thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,124 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by biene on 10/11/2008 at 21:39

Airline flight from Vientiane to Phnom Penh

Posted by net167 on 3/11/2008 at 11:45

Hi, I am planning my first trip to South East Asia later this month. I am having trouble sourcing a flight from Vientiane to Phnom Penh. On the Vietnam Airlines site there is a flight listed on the new Winter 2008-9 schedule for each day at 10.20 am each day. When I check the VA site to confirm costs it is telling me there is no flight from that destination. Are there other carriers fyling from V to Phnom Penh? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,136 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by Cocodrilo on 9/11/2008 at 19:36

Posted by matylda on 3/11/2008 at 19:33

Hi there. What is the easiest way to get from Siem Reap to Kratie? do I need to go back to Phnom Penh? Or is there direct bus? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 14,946 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 6/11/2008 at 16:22

Phnom Penh-Siem Reap FLIGHTS

Posted by MILKDOG on 3/7/2006 at 23:31

Hi, Who would I book this flight with when in Phnom Penh? Cheers ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 20,816 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by jimsparadise on 1/11/2008 at 19:37

Travel from HCMC to Siem Reap

Posted by Patrickx8 on 27/10/2008 at 01:38

How long does this trip take? I am assuming this is best done by bus. Any specific recommendations? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,999 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 27/10/2008 at 08:42

Help needed to travel from Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh

Posted by southafrican on 26/10/2008 at 04:59

Hi, I've done loads of searching on the internet and can't find any easy answer to my question. I'm wanting to travel from Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh City via the Makong Delta. I would preferably prefer to travel by boat/the most scenic route or lastly by bus. What is the best way to do this if I want to travel and arrive in Ho Chi Minh City by Thursday night/Friday morning? I hope this makes sense! Thanks for the help :) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,216 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 26/10/2008 at 18:14

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page