Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Rach Gia to Phnom Penh

Posted by aussie_jase on 8/9/2008 at 16:09

Hi there, Thanks in advance for any help with this one. My partner and I are keen to get a ferry from Pho Quoc to Rach Gia in early December, then continue on by bus to Ha Tien, Kampot, then up to Phnom Penh. My questions are, is it likely that there will be regular boats from Pho Quoc at that time of the year? What sort of time frames to get the bus on that route? Is the border crossing at Ha Tien operating? Are we better to head up to Chau Doc and cross over into Cambodia from there? If ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,172 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 9/9/2008 at 06:55

Sihanoukville-Thailand

Posted by Freddy69 on 6/9/2008 at 16:05

Hi! I will be going to the area in January-09, and will be traveling Sihanoukville-Bangkok , what´s the best way of doing this and how long will it take. I understand there are not really any direct buses into Thailand. Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,894 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by jimsparadise on 6/9/2008 at 20:04

West coast of Cambodia to Ko Samui

Posted by spearmas on 4/9/2008 at 22:22

Hi there, does anyone know if there is a ferry crossing at all between Sihanoukville or any other west coast area of Cambodia or Thailand (Trat etc) to Ko Samui. I had hoped to avoid going back to Bangkok. Thanks in advance ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,469 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 5/9/2008 at 08:54

Thailand, Cambodia Vietnam coastal kayaking trip

Posted by Xplorer on 8/7/2008 at 09:37

My partner and I would like to take 2 months and kayak the gulf of thailand and the South China sea. Dropping in at Rayong/Thai and paddling down to say Ko Chan, then along/into Cambodia to say Ko Kong. Continuing on stopping to camp etc - & If possible down along the coast to the Rach Gia/Vietnam. This is our rough plan as of yet. Any feedback about how realistic this is would be most appreciated. Thanks so much! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,414 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by cambtek on 3/9/2008 at 22:54

Siem Reap to Thai Islands Transport

Posted by brea on 25/8/2008 at 14:13

I am aware that traveling from Siem Reap to Bangkok is possible but I would like to avoid going so far north only to return down south. Are there ways to avoid back tracking?? Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,324 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by brea on 25/8/2008 at 19:28

Ko Kong to Sihanoukville boat suspended

Posted by somtam2000 on 25/8/2008 at 07:32

According to this thread over on Tales of Asia the boat trip between Ko Kong and Sihanoukville has been suspended and now runs only as far as Ko Sdach. The poster goes onto to say the service may recommence in high season, but in the meantime, adapt your plans accordingly. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,903 times, with no replies.

boueng kok, Phnom Penh

Posted by sayadian on 15/8/2008 at 20:40

I will be in Phnom Penh the second half of September. I have an arrangement to meet friends in Smile guesthouse in Boueng Kok lake area but I have heard it is being knocked down and developed. Can anyone tell me the latest on this. Are the guesthouses still there? Any sign of the bulldozers yet? Much appreciated. Jan ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,607 times, with no replies.

Siem Reap to Ko Chang

Posted by SikeMo on 15/8/2008 at 08:28

Anyone know if there is a good method for getting from Siem Reap to Ko Chang? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,042 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by SikeMo on 15/8/2008 at 13:24

Siem Reap to Pai

Posted by sunrift on 13/8/2008 at 05:07

Based on my research I think there are about 2 options- A)Siem Reap bus to Bangkok to train to Chiang Mai to bus to Pai B)Siem Reap bus/boat to Phnom Penh flight to Chiang Mai Does anyone know of some secret other way? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,306 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by neosho on 14/8/2008 at 03:09

New Phnom Penh Post website

Posted by somtam2000 on 24/3/2008 at 06:20

The Phnom Penh Post has relaunched their website and if you're a Cambodia watcher, it's an essential addition to your bookmarks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,476 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Ramblergirl on 12/8/2008 at 12:02

rounding up a posse to go to cambodia

Posted by yoooohooo on 8/8/2008 at 22:23

Hi my name is Ian Hawkes I'm 30 years old and I'm looking to join or round up a posse of people to go to Cambodia. The goal being to find a great beach location and instead of paying $10+ per night we all chip in and rent or buy a house or piece of land and we develop it ourselves. Now this makes sense for me because I'm gonna stay for about 6 months maybe more. At the moment I'm just going to chill and visit a few temples etc using the beach spot as base camp. I'm thinking about flying out ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,459 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by yoooohooo on 11/8/2008 at 13:31

Sambor Prei Kuk and Kampong Thom

Posted by kohtseyuen on 11/8/2008 at 11:08

Any tips on how to get there and what to see? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,908 times, with no replies.

Sihanoukville beaches

Posted by CJ79 on 9/8/2008 at 01:38

I'm sending this message to any of you that might be considering a trip to Cambodia. I was there for more than a week. Siem Reap was interesting and I had a great stay at EarthWalkers Hostel, which is run by some great people from Norway. I also went to the capital and saw the Killing Fields. Next, I went to the beach in Sihanoukville. At the beach I stayed at Coasters. It was okay, but rained countinuously. When it stopped raining on Tuesday around 3:30pm I took a walk going East along the beac ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,207 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by SBE on 9/8/2008 at 04:13

Great new cafe in Battambang Cambodia

Posted by ericbeamer on 5/8/2008 at 12:19

Great new spot just opened in Battambang Cambodia, Gecko Cafe. They have the best trained staff of any place to eat. Food from the West and East that is clean and good. Cool music and nice balcony to watch locals living out life in Battambang. Also have fantastic foot massage. Check out thier website:http://www.geckocafecambodia.com/ ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,585 times, with no replies.

First Time in Cambodia

Posted by mic59 on 3/8/2008 at 18:21

I have had a few holidays in Indonesia and Thailand and would like to try Cambodia next. What should I look out for and where are the best places to go? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,780 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 4/8/2008 at 06:58

organised trips - worth the money?

Posted by abs197 on 21/7/2008 at 19:07

Hi, Im planning to go to cambodia to do some volunteer work with an NGO for around 6 months (Oct 08-March 09) and then travel throught SE Asia for around 2-3months. I am looking at going on organised tours through STA travel or intrepid, partly because I am travelling on my own so thought this would be a good way of meeting people and safer than travelling alone. I am looking at paying around about £400 (+food) for 20 or so days travel on a "basic" tour. I wonder if anyone has any advice on ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,911 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 31/7/2008 at 07:05

going to Siem Reap this September with my baby... need help!

Posted by prettytrisha07 on 15/6/2008 at 12:57

Hi! Im from Philippines. And yes, im very facinated about SE Asia. I've been to Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia and Laos. And of course, different places here in the Philippines. So maybe, I can help you if you need one. And I can say, yes I love my country and SE Asia! For the meantime, I need your help. Im going to Vietnam this September with my husband and baby daughter (10 months old that time). And since we we're already there, I suggested to my husband that we visit Cambodia. A ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,926 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 28/7/2008 at 16:11

Laos or Cambodia

Posted by gromi1705 on 14/7/2008 at 15:10

Want to travel to either country mid october for 3 weeks. As I do not want to rush and really get a good impression (mainly traveling for landscape and people)I am thinking of either doing Northern Laos or Cambodia (Siem Reap, Battanbang, Pnom Penh, Kratie and Kep, (Ratankiri?)). Any advices which country to choose? Suggested itineris welcome. I might have the chance to add 1 week for beach but Sihanoukville doesn't sound to inviting (prefer the quiet) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,093 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by Dasu on 28/7/2008 at 09:11

Biking / Running for a Good Cause

Posted by Tilapia on 24/7/2008 at 18:54

In case anyone is going to be in Siem Reap at the beginning of December and wants to do something different ... http://www.villagefocus.org/angkor_marathon/ Definitely a course that rivals any in the world as far as interest goes. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,363 times, with no replies.

Free wifi at Phnom Penh hotel?

Posted by travellingtwo on 20/7/2008 at 20:50

Can anyone recommend a hotel in Phnom Penh that's not outrageously priced and has free wifi or at a nominal cost? Or second best, a hotel with internet on a computer or two in the lobby? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,023 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by travellingtwo on 24/7/2008 at 13:29

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page