Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Anyone travelled in rainy season??

Posted by nikkip on 29/4/2008 at 00:53

Hi all, I really want to go to Cambodia, but unfotunatly the only time i have available to travel is July and August. I have read a number of mixed reports and each one has given me different advice about whether it is worth visiting the country then and how disruptive the rain can be. I would really really appreciate anyones advice whos had any experience of travelling in cambodia in the monsoon season. thanks everyone! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,100 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by dixonstreet on 7/6/2008 at 14:25

2 full days in Siem Reap - do we need more?

Posted by azgrl on 28/5/2008 at 06:49

We have a Cambodia/Laos trip planned for 14 days in July. We’re starting off with 2 full days in Siem Reap with a evening in the front and morning at the end of the 2 days. Any opinions on whether that’s enough time in Siem Reap before going to Laos? We can change some of the other following plans. REP to LPQ – 1 day, Catch a boat to HOE – 2 days, Head off to the Gibbon Exp. – 2 days, Travel to LNT – 1 day, Make our way to LPQ – 4 days, Spend a few days there before dep ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,089 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Mamabelle on 6/6/2008 at 21:58

One month in Cambodia/Vietnam - Where to start?! Help!

Posted by norris_has_arrived on 6/6/2008 at 19:56

Hi My boyfriend and I are planning to go over to Cambodia and Vietnam for a month in January 2009, flying from London Gatwick or Heathrow (TBC). We ideally would like to spend a week in Cambodia and then three weeks in vietnam, finishing up at in the south and Phu Quoc Island. We are hoping to 'flash-pack' so are happy to pay a little extra to get air-con and fly internally if need be! We did a similar thing last year but spent three weeks in thailand. We booked most of our internal flight ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,127 times, with no replies.

Honest local guide in PP and Siem Reap?

Posted by sputnik0 on 6/6/2008 at 10:39

Is there a way to set up a permanent thread for local guide suggestions? My two girl friends and I will be traveling to Phnom Penh and Siem Reap this June from Saigon. Should we go to PP or SR first? Is there anyone who lives or has lived in these cities who can recommend an honest local guide who speaks English to show us around, preferably with transportation too? We are planning to spend 4 days in both cities total. So maybe 3 days in Angkor and surrounding area and 1 day in PP? Is ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,011 times, with no replies.

ATM's dispense what currency, $ or riel?

Posted by jourdin on 29/5/2008 at 15:03

I have seen conflicting stories about what ATM's dispense, riel and/or US dollars. What's the true story? Do some machines dispense two different currencies? How does one know what currency a machine dispenses? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,269 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by exacto on 6/6/2008 at 07:25

Travel in early September

Posted by smsclaydog on 7/3/2008 at 09:22

We are thinking of going to Cambodia - PP and Siem Riep - and Vietnam - Saigon - in early September. No way around it, it is just when we have the time to go. I know this is heart of monsoon season. Are we going to be able to do anything except huddle in our hotel rooms or is it really not that bad in early September? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,501 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by sayadian on 1/6/2008 at 16:59

luggage storage at the airport?

Posted by bundanger on 22/5/2008 at 10:19

Does anybody know if there is a place inside PP or even SR airport to store large suitcases? I've heard that there might be, but i can't find any conformation, and i really do not want to drag two fifty pound suitcases with me all over Cambodia. I'm only going to be there for two weeks. If there is, does anyone know approximate costs or where in the airport it is. Thanks in advance ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,307 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 27/5/2008 at 17:06

siem reap to laos border

Posted by jugglingjim on 26/5/2008 at 04:30

hi how long does it take to get from siem reap to laos border. Will be in ambodie from 23 July ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,786 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 27/5/2008 at 17:05

Cambodia (Siem Reap to Phnom Penh) Itinerary

Posted by derricklim on 27/5/2008 at 01:14

Hi guys, THis is my 12 day trip. Let me know your thought at especially what places I should visit while in the towns, Thanks!! 01 June 2008 Siem Reap "Checkin to hotel. Tour town then head to Angkor Wat for tickets and sunset." 02 June 2008 Angkor Wat "3 Days Leave at sunrise and back before lunchtime. Tour Siem Reap till 3pm, and head back to Angkor" 05 June 2008 Siem Reap Touring 06 June 2008 Siem Reap to Battambang "Take early morning boat - 6 hrs. Motodops a ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,237 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 27/5/2008 at 17:04

booking flights

Posted by itchyfeet72 on 18/5/2008 at 21:41

basically in cambodia at the moment and will be travelling on to vietnam overland then flying to bangkok(end of june) then on to india- ive always used the internet for booking flights but it seems theres great offers around in travel agents tho havnt been to vietnam yet-so does anyone have any suggestions of which way to go net or travel agent - either way does anyone have reliable agents(hanoi) or good web sites-also does anyone know if you need an onward ticket for india-cheers for any info ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,259 times, with no replies.

from Phnom Penh to Nha Trang

Posted by rivercully on 16/5/2008 at 00:30

I have done a bit of research but cant find any info on a direct(ish) route. If anyone has any info...Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,019 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by rivercully on 18/5/2008 at 00:36

Motorcycle licence - Phnom Penh

Posted by rayc101 on 5/4/2008 at 04:51

I have a few days in Phnom Penh, and would like to take my life in my hands by hiring a motorcycle. I have visited Phnom Penh previously, and understand the life-changing driving conditions. In particular I need to understand if foreigners are permitted to hire, what licence is required, the cost and time delay, and of course where to obtain a moto licence. Cheers Rayc101 ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,551 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by rayc101 on 16/5/2008 at 13:52

Cambodia Itinerary

Posted by CJHorn85 on 12/5/2008 at 20:12

Hey all, I will be travelling to SEA from mid-July to mid September (just under 2 1/2 months). I have posted on Lonely Planet forums, but this site appears to be the best of the best when it comes to SEA, so I thought I would try and get some opinions on here as well. Since this is the Cambodia destination part, I thought I would stick to that, and post my itinerary up for the other countries in the relevant sections. My itinerary for Cambodia is very general, as I have limited time here. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,623 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by Lother on 13/5/2008 at 01:49

Preah Vihar

Posted by fgebhart on 29/3/2008 at 05:27

I'm interested in visiting Preah Vihar, which is supposed to be a slog to get to from the Cambodian side. Does anyone know if it's possible to enter from the Thai side and spend a couple of nights at a guesthouse near the temple? I want to be around for dawn and sunset. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,164 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by fgebhart on 12/5/2008 at 11:21

phnom penh: dangerous??

Posted by harajuku4me_pls on 28/4/2008 at 03:26

hey - i'm doing research into a possible southeast-asia trip, and this forum has been very helpful. however one thing i've read at other places but not necessarily here is that Phnom Penh is very dangerous. muggings and violent crime are apparently very common. is this true? thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,464 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by harajuku4me_pls on 9/5/2008 at 09:56

Phnom Penh or Ho Chi Minh????

Posted by convery on 12/3/2008 at 12:57

My travel through SE Asia is on a very tight schedule and I'm gonna have to take out a few cities in order to fully experience the ones I'll visit. Any thoughts on PhnomPenh to HoChiMinh, which one should I choose? Which has more to see/do and so on? thanks for any help. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,061 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by pobney on 8/5/2008 at 17:45

Flight from Phnom Phen

Posted by ronyarm on 1/5/2008 at 12:11

I whant to book a flight from Phnom Phen to bangkok in the evning. I have fly next day morning to Israel. Can I rely them? Are they credible? I don't whant to miss the flight. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,756 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by fondo on 4/5/2008 at 16:23

New ATMs in Cambodia

Posted by steveatkins on 9/2/2008 at 19:35

There are now ANZ Royal Bank internationally linked ATMs in Poipet and Kompong Cham... ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,044 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by supabrudda on 4/5/2008 at 14:29

is cambodia safe for a female traveller ?

Posted by katherinevalentine on 2/5/2008 at 10:39

hello ya'll im coming to PNP on OCtorber this year all ALONE and looking for a female local guide. id also love to meet other travellers on the way. i intended to make it earlier but rainny season only ends on Sept so thats it!!! if anyone interested hit me up via katherinevalen@gmail.com or myspace.com/anytearsforme Katherine ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,881 times, with no replies.

any other options fr siem reap to snookyville?

Posted by jellyanna on 27/4/2008 at 18:54

is there a direct way for me to get from sr to snookyville besides taking the bus to pp, then pp to sihanoukville? i hear there's a flight available now. can anyone help me out on this? your help is very much appreciated, thanks! :) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,604 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 28/4/2008 at 07:32

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page