Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Phonm Penh Highlights

Posted by simonb9 on 23/1/2008 at 19:14

I've booked to stay in Siem Reap for 5 days in total so should see most thing when there. After that i'm going down to Phonm Penh, should be there for about 2 1/2 days in total to see the main sites (maybe more). Got another 3/4 days to kill after that before flying out of Phonm Penh. What should I do with these days ?? Head for the coast or go elsewhere ?? Also does anybody know of any boat trips that go up/down the Mekong Delta from Phonm Penh ?? Regards, Simon ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,609 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by simonb9 on 25/1/2008 at 03:50

3 Months of Travel

Posted by leegrowler on 21/1/2008 at 18:11

Hi Ive just joined this forum and just wondered if some of you kind people could advise me of which way round to go about starting my trip. I leave Mid to the end of March and will be purchasing an open ticket to either China (i know its not on here ) or Singapore . Would people recommend travel from China down to Laos,veitnam and finishing off in Malaysia or the other way round ? Hope im making sense..... I know there are factors as in weather and others.. Thanks in advance ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,695 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by leegrowler on 22/1/2008 at 16:05

Transport rates: taxi, shared taxi and tuk-tuk

Posted by Harry05 on 24/11/2007 at 23:34

Are there more or less typical rates for transport by taxi, shared taxi and tuk-tuk? Per kilometer of units of time? Thanx answering. Harry ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,312 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by kunkesey on 22/1/2008 at 13:46

The Royal Angkor Resort

Posted by Ashe88 on 28/12/2007 at 17:47

Hey guys, I'm heading over late Jan 08 and will be staying in SR in early Feb'ish but I cannot find anything on the place I have booked, the Royal Angkor. Anyone stayed at or heard of it and can tell me what to expect? Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,873 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by Ashe88 on 22/1/2008 at 06:17

Boat trips Phnom Penh to Stung treng

Posted by redmill on 16/1/2008 at 08:27

I would appreciate any info on river travel Phnom Penh to Stung Treng - travelling February. Mekong water levels, reputable boats - live aboard or not. Thanks in advance ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,172 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by redmill on 20/1/2008 at 06:02

Boat: Siem Reap to Phnom Penh and more

Posted by ajschneller on 19/1/2008 at 00:10

FYI: We were just in Siem Reap and the bus took 5-6 hrs to get to Phnom Penh. We talked to an English dude who took the boat, he said the boat took 11 hrs...low water. Also, the Hotel California 2 along the river in Phnom Penh is more of a brothel than a nice hotel, so watch it! The Paragon and the Royal Mekong nearby are nice at $15. Watch out for some of the kid book vendors, some are nice and funny, and others will give you the middle finger or wipe snot on your leg if you don't give ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,398 times, with no replies.

best route to see Preah Vihar?

Posted by sayadian on 17/1/2008 at 23:31

Hi,I would like to visit Preah vihar from the Cambodian side in February.I have been there before coming from Thailand and think it is one of the most impressive temple sites I have seen.Can anybody help me on the best way/method to get there.Maybe I can hire a Motorbike nearby? Also does anyone have experience of the road from Ban Lung to Sen Monorom, again would like to bike it. Thanks in advance, Ian ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,589 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by sayadian on 18/1/2008 at 16:15

10 Day Trip - Spend all in Cambodia or bother going up to Laos??

Posted by capulet85 on 15/1/2008 at 11:49

Hi, My travel mate and i have a ten day trip lined up. We arrive in Phnom Penh Feb 1 2008 (night) and depart from Siem Reap Feb 12 2008 (morning). I am wondering what itineraries we can do during that period. I would love to go to Laos, namely Vientiane and Luang Prabang, but don't know if there is enough time and if we'll end up rushing from place to place. Also, airplane tix from Cambodia to Laos and back seem to be pricey. I checked Lao Airlines, and it comes up to about US$750 for two ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,171 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by JoHe59 on 17/1/2008 at 20:24

Week In Cambodia/Week in Vietnam

Posted by simonb9 on 17/1/2008 at 04:03

Going to Asia for 4 weeks, week in north Thailand then want to go to Cambodia for another week (Siem Reap, Phonm Penh) then south Vietnam for another before going back to Thailand for the last week (a friend lives in Pattaya. Theres seems to be so much to see and do and i'm just wondering whether I should spend the two middle weeks in Cambodia and not go to Vietnam ? Would a week going through Cambodia be rushing it ?? (day travel to Siem Reap, three days there, day travel to Phonm Penh, two ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,825 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 17/1/2008 at 06:06

which airlines

Posted by jigger on 12/1/2008 at 11:10

hi guys! i need list of airline companies that have flights from PP to SR. thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,925 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 14/1/2008 at 08:21

Vietnamese Dong

Posted by Pervina on 9/1/2008 at 14:51

I'm traveling to Cambodia from Vietnam...Is traveling around in Pnom penh and siem reap with vietnamese dong adequate or should I seriously consider exchanging for dollars. Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,622 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by dancingroads on 13/1/2008 at 21:33

Days in Phnom Penh

Posted by shumium on 7/1/2008 at 02:04

Hi, can anyone tell me whether I can visit most of the highlights in Phnom Penh in one day? Or should I spread it out in 2 days? How should I arrange my itinerary? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,257 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by jigger on 12/1/2008 at 16:10

attention: Kachinafrance

Posted by jigger on 11/1/2008 at 17:27

hi! where will you be coming from? im planning to go to PP this feb 2-3. its my first time to go to cambodia and im here in HCM. Hope you can help me how to get there and place to stay... price is actually my concern thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,708 times, with no replies.

3-4 weeks in Cambodia

Posted by da_misfit on 9/1/2008 at 06:17

Hi We are spending 3/4 weeks in Cambodia starting Feb 08. I have read the suggested itinerary on here but was wondering if there was anywhere else anyone suggests to go to that isn't included in that itinerary. Or must see places. Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,786 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 9/1/2008 at 14:22

Cycling around Cambodia

Posted by hkk79 on 17/11/2007 at 17:45

I am going to Cambodia in January 08,I search around the net and found cycle at Cambodia is attract to me. This web www.asiatrip.org give some guide there but I feel that it is not detail enough. Beside there is a free map, is it sufficient enough to guide me? Can anyone here give more suggestion or idea? Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,200 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by dancingroads on 6/1/2008 at 13:37

Visiting the Angkor temples

Posted by jackie66 on 3/1/2008 at 01:19

We plan to spend 3 days at the Angkor site and wondered whether it was better to use one the guides provided by the hotel, or to do it independently using our own resources. Thanks Jackie ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,036 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by jackie66 on 4/1/2008 at 00:10

hotel Phnom Penh

Posted by susan2008 on 3/1/2008 at 10:29

Stayed at the Renaxe hotel on the river right in front of the royal palace and it was stunning in a old world colonial way. The location made it easy to stroll down the promenade at night to soak up the atmosphere. Reccomended. We also ate at the Pacharan tapas bar part of the FCC chain on the waterfront and found it tasteful and the food well done though a little pricey. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,395 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by mick110971 on 3/1/2008 at 12:14

Cambodia off the beaten track

Posted by rocketgirl on 26/10/2007 at 23:25

I'm going to be travelling around Cambodia and only have about a week and will be stopping at Phnom Penh and Siem Riep. I'm looking for somewhere to get a bit off the beaten track, ideally a homestay. Does anyone know of any? I've found one on this site in Kampong Cham that sounds wicked, but think this might be too out of the way as I'll be entering the country from Chau Doc as part of a 2 day tour from Saigon going straight to Phnom Penh. So to go to Kampong Cham I'd have to then backtrack ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,595 times, with 10 replies. Last reply by sarahharding92 on 2/1/2008 at 12:13

Tour groups in Cambodia

Posted by abrama on 26/12/2007 at 12:06

Can anyone please advise on tour groups in Cambodia. We are considering the following tour groups. Does anyone have any experience with them or with anyone else. We are a group of 4 adults and 3 kids so it will be easier for us to use a tour group for Phnom Penh and Siem Reap. THREELAND TRAVEL asiatravel-cambodia Asia Adventures Co. Ltd Thanks Everyone ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,095 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Ashe88 on 31/12/2007 at 10:01

eVisas for cambodoa and vietnam

Posted by timNZ on 18/10/2007 at 22:07

Hi, I am going to be traveling through Cambodia and Vietnam in Dec this year and was just wondering if anybody has had any problems with the eVisa services these countries offer. In theory they sound great, but I am a little apprehensive about sending all of my personal information (passport details, photo, credit card No. etc) electronically to these countries. Do I have any cause for concern?! Any info at all would be much appreciated. Cheers. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,387 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by steveatkins on 30/12/2007 at 16:22

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page