Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Siem Reap hotel?

Posted by Tamworth54 on 18/12/2007 at 09:15

I'm looking for a hotel..mide-range to nice..near the nightlife in Siem Reap...should be quiet, etc...and allow "guests" in the hotel...doesn't have to be close to the bars, but close enough to walk ok or a short tuk tuk ride or so...thanks.. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,654 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by Ashe88 on 28/12/2007 at 17:41

Ok folks, I need your advice

Posted by DTQ on 14/12/2007 at 20:20

Heading from Vietnam to Malaysia. I have one free day. I am going to spend it in Cambodia. I am going to fly in somewhere, spend a day and night, and fly out. Should I spend that day in Siem Reap or Phnom Penh? Another traveler I met on my trip through SE Asia said that Angkor Wats was the highlight of his trip, but I almost feel like if I can only go one place in Cambodia, it should be Phnom Penh. So forgetting cost and airline schedules and all of that (hopefully I can figure that ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,866 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by rocketgirl on 27/12/2007 at 09:11

New Years Eve in Siem Reap

Posted by bucksfizz on 20/12/2007 at 23:33

Does anyone know if there are any special New Years Eve events in Siem Reap/Angkor Wat this year? We arrive there on 29 Dec and would like to reserve somewhere if possible to celebrate the New Year. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,723 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by pencilmein on 24/12/2007 at 07:16

ATM's - any at all in Cambodia?

Posted by dazm26 on 28/11/2007 at 20:58

Hi folkes, IM sure this has been posted before so please forgive me, however......... Is it worth taking a debit card to Cambodia, is there any ATM's at all? Im guessing its best to take just mainly cash and travellers cheques? Thankyou Daz ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,036 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by goo_stewart on 23/12/2007 at 18:54

Hotel Castle

Posted by steveatkins on 23/12/2007 at 16:29

New hotel just opened on teh riverside in Phnom Penh, unfortunately their website is currently still under construction. It is in a great location being only one building back from the popular riverside and near the interesting and fascinating local market of Phsar Kandal. The hotel is 6 storeys with elevators and great views of the Tonle Sap and Mekong Rivers from the roof top bar and restaurant, plus it also has a refreshing pool on the ground floor, the only hotel in this price range near the ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,283 times, with no replies.

PP - Sihanoukville and Sihanoukville - Siem Reap

Posted by dazm26 on 22/11/2007 at 17:12

Hi guys, Can you shed some light on how i travel the followinf routes with how much they roughly cost and how long they take?? PP - Sihanoukville and Sihanoukville - Siem Reap Any comment would be greatly recived. Thankyou guys Daz ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,901 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by steveatkins on 23/12/2007 at 16:18

From Battambang to Sihanoukville

Posted by dardar on 23/5/2007 at 23:02

Is there a direct way to get from Battambang to Sihanoukville, or must i go through Phnom Penh? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,604 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by steveatkins on 23/12/2007 at 16:12

From Kep Cambodia to Rach Gia Vietnam

Posted by ron67 on 19/12/2007 at 11:53

I am trying to find out if we can get a taxi easily from Kep, Cambodia to Tach Gia, Vietnam. How much would it cost and how long would it take? Can we also cross the border to Ha Tien and get a taxi?Again how much and how long would it take? About the Hydrofoil- can we buy a ticket from Rach Gia to Phu Quoc Island just before leaving, or do we have to book in advance, and where do we book this? Any information would be much appreciated. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,407 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 19/12/2007 at 12:12

Flight from Siem Reap to Phnom Penh

Posted by Tamworth54 on 16/12/2007 at 05:47

Which airline is the best to fly from Siem Reap to PP? Thanks...Is there only one or is there more?? How do I research it? Thanks.. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,258 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 16/12/2007 at 08:56

Siem Reap, Auberge Mont Royal Warning

Posted by jtonka on 12/12/2007 at 03:04

The room I stayed in was infested by bedbugs and when I alerted the manager they were non-responsive and refused to refund my three nights paid on arrival or even make the slightest concession. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,931 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by pencilmein on 12/12/2007 at 20:05

Guesthouse in Phnom Penh - Boddhi Tree Del Gusto

Posted by BaznChaz on 5/12/2007 at 00:11

We have booked the guesthouse in PP "Boddhi Tree Del Gusto" for 3 nights and later discovered that there is a mix of reviews from all the different website (expedia, travelfish, tripadvisor, etc) about the place. If anyone has stayed in this guesthouse, you comments would be very much appreciated. Thanks in Advance BaznChaz ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,551 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 8/12/2007 at 15:34

battambang guide

Posted by karentenk on 1/12/2007 at 15:26

just want to recommend my guide, mr. kim, who works from the chaya hotel. he speaks english and he's extremely kind and can really show you rural cambodian life. (or temples or whatever you want, but i wanted a break from temples) he's so honest he even offered to give me the 2000R (50 cents) commission he apparently gets from the bus company for taking foreigners to buy bus tickets--even though he was helping me and them. he took me by motorbike (even including a loaner helmet) out and arou ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,854 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by chopin on 6/12/2007 at 14:54

Posted by dazm26 on 30/11/2007 at 18:17

Hi, Can you use USD in Cambodia like Vietnam, or do i need to change to Reil? Thankyou Daz ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,214 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Ashe88 on 6/12/2007 at 13:27

Advice on Cambodia itinerary

Posted by Harry05 on 16/9/2007 at 01:29

In february 2008 I will be travelling in Cambodia for about 3-4 weeks (after about 2 months Thailand/Laos). After Cambodia I will also visit Vietnam (maybe good to know if you want to give me some advice). I am a quite experienced traveller but it’s my first time in SE Asia so it’s always good to get some good and actual advice. I don’t care about luxury (and prefer atmosphere above that): a private, clean and basic room (with fan) will be fine for me. Here’s my global itinerary for Ca ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,864 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Ashe88 on 6/12/2007 at 13:10

Koh Rong

Posted by Tennouji on 3/12/2007 at 18:55

I've seen some beautiful pictures of the beach on Koh Rong and read a couple of blogs describing sleeping on the beach etc. These reports also mentioned accommodation was in the pipe-line, but there doesn't seem to be any or any easy way of getting there. How far away is it from Koh S'dach and would I be able to get there as part of a day trip from that island or is it too far away? Thanks if any one can help me out. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,891 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Tennouji on 4/12/2007 at 17:36

My trip and have i got enough time to travel overland or shall i fly??

Posted by dazm26 on 22/11/2007 at 17:19

Hiya guys, IM soon (Feb 12th) flying to Vietnam where im doing a organsied trup through intrepid travel on the reuninification express which takes me from Hanoi to HCMC. From there i have approximately 3 weeks until i am meeting a friend in the Phi Phi islands in Thailand. In this 3 weeks i want to see as much as Cambodia as possible, where i plan to stay in PP, Sihanoukville, Siem Reap (angkor wat) and maybe Battambang. I have approx 2 weeks to do all this in Cambodia and im thinking i ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,845 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by jimsparadise on 25/11/2007 at 16:50

Accomodation in Phnom Penh near the place where the boat for Siem Reap leaves???

Posted by sprengja on 21/11/2007 at 23:11

We want to visit Angkor Wat and as the flights from Bangkok are much cheaper to Phnom Penh than to Siem Reap we fly to Pnohm Penh and plan to go to Siem Reap by boat. What is a good guesthouse to stay for just one night (we arrive in the evening and leave for Siem Reap in the next day early in the morning)? Is there some possibility to stay near the place where the boats for Siem Reap leave???? Christiane ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,870 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by jimsparadise on 25/11/2007 at 16:36

internal flights in Cambodia?

Posted by dazm26 on 22/11/2007 at 17:39

Hi guys, Following on form my previuos post, i have great concern that 2 weeks in Cambodia will not be enough time if i am to travel around overland. I am hoping to travel from PP - Sinhanoukville - Siem Reap - Battambang then onto Bangkok, can this be done overland, or should i to save time use some flights, if so what flights?? Thankyou guys Daz ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,351 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 23/11/2007 at 09:10

Cambodia's South Coast or Phu Quoc

Posted by vollmer on 12/11/2007 at 13:51

I need some help please in deciding which one to do in December. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,262 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by marklatham on 14/11/2007 at 20:10

Bojangles Bar & Restaurant - Phnom Penh

Posted by steveatkins on 11/11/2007 at 10:41

Recently came across a great new little bar / restaurant on the river front in Phnom Penh called BOJANGLES. Unpretentious with friendly staff and a large and diverse menu, including western comfort food and tasty Asian food. Very good value bearing in mind the location, probably one of the cheapest restaurants to eat in along the riverside strip, plus the owner is actually a Cambodian (young business woman) which makes a pleasant change as most of the riversides restaurants are owned by expats. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,068 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Lother on 11/11/2007 at 16:34

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page