Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

want to do cambodia, vietnam & laos...4 weeks

Posted by bpattu on 4/10/2007 at 14:52

hi...i have 4 weeks starting 17th december and want to do cambodia, vietnam & laos. i am told i will have to fly into bangkok from mumbai and then cross into cambodia...i want to do a laid back, taking in the places kind of trip ...any suggestions on the itinery? i checked the sotuhern loop on this site but would like to do hanoi & saigon as well....any suggestions would be really helpful to make a start... what are things one shouldnt miss and stuff...i am looking at backpacking and am travelli ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,512 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by bpattu on 5/10/2007 at 11:41

cambodian visa from Siem Reap Intl Airport - how long does it take

Posted by lindaparry on 3/10/2007 at 11:32

Hi We are from Australia and will need a cambodian visa, we thought we would leave it until we arrive at Siem Reap Airport but was wondering how long does the whole process take, hours? I know to take photos with us. Many thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,778 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by exacto on 3/10/2007 at 21:33

vietnam airline prices

Posted by archiebaby on 1/10/2007 at 12:04

How much should I pay to travel from PP to Saigon via Vietnam Airlines? Can I book when I get there? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,137 times, with no replies.

PP to Kompong Cham

Posted by archiebaby on 29/9/2007 at 14:41

What is the best way to get there? I want to visit the Rana Homesaty for 1 night? Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,714 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by rakhee2108 on 30/9/2007 at 06:05

Seam Reap to Hanoi

Posted by poofie555 on 27/9/2007 at 08:12

How long does it take to get to Hanoi from Seam Reap? What are my travel options (besides a $200 flight)? I appreciate your help. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,579 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 27/9/2007 at 09:23

Overnight on Tonle Sap Lake

Posted by archiebaby on 25/9/2007 at 08:25

Hello, I am travelling between Siem Reap & PP & wish to stay 1 night between the 2 places, preferably on the river with local people, or can someone please suggest the best thing to do. I am there 27th October 07 Thanks heaps ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,775 times, with no replies.

House of Malibu info needed Sihanoukville ph number required.

Posted by tribe37 on 18/9/2007 at 09:39

Hi, just wondering if anyone has stayed at the House of Malibu recently. Since being under the new management, last time I stayed was in Jan 06. And if you have a contact number for them that would be great As all the numbers I can find are for the old management. Also would be interetsed to know what you thought and prices you paid etc.. thanks for all your help. Regards Michelle (Melbourne Australia) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,867 times, with no replies.

Train from Battambang to Phnom Penh

Posted by Gifta on 15/9/2007 at 01:40

Cheers! We're currently planning our Cambodia trip and are not really pressed for time. Since we both are train "freaks" we were wondering whether any of the forum users have take this insanely slow train from Battambang to Phnom Penh and could give us some info. Is it an option to get off at Pursat if you're bored out of your mind and then to take a bus from there to PP? We would not mind taking the train all the way but you never know ;-) Thanks, Gifta ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,001 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by chopin on 16/9/2007 at 23:12

Boat from Phnom Penh to Saigon

Posted by Gifta on 15/9/2007 at 01:44

Hey! Does anyone have experience with boats from PP to HCMC? We were looking for a 2 or 3 day trip/tour if possible. Does anyone know of companies offering such tours? Are there any daily boats (without a tour) and if yes how long does it take and how much does it cost? Thks in advance, Gifta ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 13,402 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 16/9/2007 at 08:55

Never give your credit card number to Royal Khmer Airlines

Posted by Guillaume3 on 30/5/2007 at 04:23

Royal Khmer Airlines is not only the airline company that cumulates the highest rate of cancellation, delays and safety issues, of all Asia. It is also a dishonest company that do not hesitate to rip-off its own customers. It sold me two tickets on a flight that did not even fly. They took the money, issued e-tickets for a round trip Seoul to Siem Reap. The return flight just did not fly and they left me without assistance in Siem Reap. And they just turn a deaf ear to my request of refund. For ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,011 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by acoolll on 13/9/2007 at 23:10

HIll Tribes / Home Stay

Posted by archiebaby on 12/9/2007 at 18:49

Hello, I am wanting to spend a few nights either in a hill tribe village between Siem Reap & PP or a home stay, does anyone know of a safe village? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,474 times, with no replies.

Taxi from PNH to Kampot?

Posted by Kip on 5/9/2007 at 04:04

Hi everyone, I was wondering if someone could give me some advice (i.e. is it possible and, if so, a price range) on getting from Phnom Penh airport to Kampot. I will be arriving at PNH at about 9am and want to head straight to Kampot. Rather than catch a lift back into town to the taxi and bus stand, will I be able to have an airport taxi take me straight there? If so, would someone be willing to give me a ballpark figure for this trip? Thanks a bunch! Kip ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,327 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Kip on 10/9/2007 at 06:39

Overnight transport PP to Siem Reap?

Posted by Yun on 22/8/2007 at 09:29

I have a very tight schedule in Cambodia - arrive PP airport 27/12 0905am and due to leave 30/12 1005am. In this short time, I hope to cover the big sites of Angkor and some of PP also (ambitious...) In order to save on travel time, I was wondering if anyone knew of any overnight travel options between these two places. Bus or taxi - I'm not fussed (as it's cheaper than flying), does anyone know of any that would drive me overnight? Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,053 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by Roving_Roo on 4/9/2007 at 06:08

Is there any rainning season at Cambodia?

Posted by clarisetan on 20/8/2007 at 11:39

I would like to travel to Angkor Wat end of this year..can anybody advise me ?????? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,957 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by rith on 28/8/2007 at 11:26

from phnom penh to bangkok?

Posted by matan84 on 7/8/2007 at 08:05

hey, i am looking for advice about taking a bus from phnom penh to bangkok. first of all and most important - is it a safe trip? did anyone encounter thefts or heard about them in that route? is the road in an ok condition? how much would that bus ticket cost, and how long approximately will it take to get to bangkok? thanks a lot! matab ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,390 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by Roving_Roo on 20/8/2007 at 02:52

From Battembang to Siem Reap

Posted by peachiest99 on 11/6/2007 at 10:02

I am trying to sort out how to travel between Phnom Pehn to Battembang to Siem Reap. So far it seems I can get a bus from Phnom Penh to Battembang for around $4-6 but I cannot find out if the boat from Siem Reap to Battembang will go back the other way. Can anyone give me some advice on the best way to get from Battembang to Siem Reap? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,034 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by peachiest99 on 19/8/2007 at 14:34

visa...visa...visa...

Posted by themudblood on 6/8/2007 at 16:38

if you take a bus from PP to Saigon, would it be possible to get a tourist visa at the cambodian/vietnamese border? fyi, i'm malaysian...thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,264 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by themudblood on 14/8/2007 at 12:20

shopping in siem reap?

Posted by matan84 on 9/8/2007 at 17:52

besides the main attractions of siem reap, are there any places to shop over there, besides soveniers? like immitations of backpacks and such? if anyone could help, thanks! matan ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,532 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by Roving_Roo on 11/8/2007 at 20:54

Saigon to Siep Reap in one day - is it possible?

Posted by matan84 on 8/8/2007 at 16:20

hey, i am really short on time, and i would like to get from saigon to siem reap in one day. is it possible? when do buses from saigon leave for phnom penh, and when do they leave phnom penh to siem reap? is there a direct bus from saigon to siem reap? thank you, matan ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,726 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Roving_Roo on 8/8/2007 at 17:28

Air Fares

Posted by peachiest99 on 7/8/2007 at 18:01

The Bangkok Airlines Discovery Pass sounds like it is the cheap option for travelling by air between a few destinations, but I am having difficulty finding a travel agent who will arrange it. I have found the following other flights online: Vientiene to Phnom Pehn (AU$285), Phnom Pehn to Siem Reap (AU$90) and Siem Reap to Phuket (AU$250) - all in Jan next year. I was just wondering if these prices sound like they would be the best deals. Lao Airlines looks cheaper but seems a lot of hassle ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,230 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by peachiest99 on 8/8/2007 at 16:23

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page