Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Cambofest: independent movie festival in Cambodia

Posted by somtam2000 on 9/6/2007 at 07:36

Running across June 16 and 17, the Cambofest film festival will be taking place in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. See the Cambofest website for more information. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,726 times, with no replies.

Koh Kong accomodation

Posted by viacc65 on 5/6/2007 at 02:36

Could please someone give some recent advices about the accomodation in Koh Chang where I can spend a night? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,027 times, with no replies.

Siem Reap to Phnom Penh to Saigon

Posted by oisin on 21/5/2007 at 16:14

I want to spend a couple of days in each of these places in mid June. Which is the best way to travel between each location? I've heard that bus and boat are the the two options. I think I would like to try one journey by boat. But I would appreciate some advice... Can anyone advise ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 21,639 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by Lukepattison on 30/5/2007 at 15:20

Hot Air Balloon over Angkor Wat

Posted by bkkbrad on 28/4/2007 at 12:40

does anyone have any information if there is hot air balloon tours at Angkor Wat ? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 14,323 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by iwillfly525 on 28/5/2007 at 12:17

Cambodia queries - advice needed

Posted by eagerbeaver on 21/5/2007 at 05:48

Hey, I’m travelling to Cambodia in June and have a few queries. I’d appreciate any advice: 1) Where is the cheapest place to get a Vietnamese visa in Cambodia? How much does the visa cost and how long does it take to get done? 2) Do you have to book inter-city bus tickets (eg: G.S.T Express Bus Service, Phnom Penh Sorya Transport Company bus tickets) a day in advance or is it ok to just turn up at the bus company’s bus stop and simply purchase tickets for travel that same day? 3) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,773 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by eagerbeaver on 23/5/2007 at 01:49

Aranyaprathet to Siem Reap

Posted by rong on 12/5/2007 at 02:45

What do you advise if I were to reach Aranyaprathet at ard 4pm: should I stay overnight at Aranyaprathet, or cross over to Poipet & take an overnight taxi direct to Siem Reap? I heard it's public hols in Cambodia from 13-16 May, and I'm not sure how long it'll take to clear the customs @ Cambodia/Vietnam side, considering it's public hols and the public buses from Khao San may have arrived in the evening. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,164 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by Roving_Roo on 21/5/2007 at 17:57

Vietnam Visa in Shinoukville ...

Posted by SteinOfOrange on 20/5/2007 at 13:12

Ten Minutes! Easy as apple pie. Why oh why did I spend 4 days and more money getting my visa in Singapore? The total cost was 35$, and the tuk-tuk was 2$. Also used the Mekong Express bus from Cmbodias capitol, and it took 3 hours (7$usd). Tried a different bus on the way back and it took 4 and a half hours, they stopped every ten feet or so it seemed. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,117 times, with no replies.

Phnom Penh to Hanoi...best way to get there?

Posted by chaelyn on 17/5/2007 at 03:30

Helllo all. im looking for hints, tips, prices on how to get from Phnom Penh or Siem Riep to Hanoi.. Preferably flying there as it will be a world faster. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 23,931 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by chaelyn on 18/5/2007 at 00:26

Leigh from Vietnam to Cambodia to Laos

Posted by LeighA on 13/5/2007 at 20:45

Hi, am travelling to Cambodia and Laos in late August/Sept, solo after 2 weeks in Vwith family. What's the best way to get to Cambodia (either SR or PP) from HCMC? How long does it take to PP? To SR? I only have about a week, so should I bother with PP at all or go straight to SR? Is the Paske and Island region in sth laos worth a visit - am especially interested in the dolphins. What are the roads like to travel on - will have about three weeks for Laos and want to do as much as poss, includ ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,624 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 14/5/2007 at 12:20

Phnom Penh and Siem Riep trip

Posted by chimik72 on 27/4/2007 at 21:49

We flight to Phnom Penh from Bangkok with Air Asia (hotly recomend) .In airport meet us our driver Pen Chettra very reliable and good driver and guide. His e-mail: chettrataxi@yahoo.com He took us for PP city tour,and drove further to SR on the road we stoped to lunch in Green World Restaurant 72 near Skon it was very good sea food dishes -very recomend. In Siem Riep we stayed in Piece Of Angkor Guest house, quiet and clean place, but best rooms are on second floor. Our driver took us next da ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,582 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by Roving_Roo on 13/5/2007 at 23:41

Royal Crown Hotel In Siem Reap

Posted by Jon_Mak_Mak on 13/5/2007 at 20:42

Hello, Has anyone stayed at this hotel? Ive read some good reviews but any travelfish members recommended it or not? Thanks, Ant. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,161 times, with no replies.

Angor Association for the Disabled is a GEM!

Posted by garychrist on 10/3/2007 at 23:30

As a supporter and volunteer of Angkor Association for the Disabled since 2004 I am posting these comments regarding travelation's post of 17/2/07 I was absolutely shocked at reading travelation report on Angkor Association for the Disabled. I am asking everyone to disregard her slanderous and very misleading post. I was there when she was "volunteering" and I have a completely different view of the TRUTH. According to the terms af this messageboard, I believe her post should be immediatl ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,913 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by BobinCambodia on 8/5/2007 at 18:02

Siem Reap to Hanoi--time crunch

Posted by patrickb on 13/4/2007 at 16:21

I'll have to go from Siem Reap to Hanoi so I can catch a flight out of Hanoi. I just checked Vietnam Airlines; their flight is $200. Though I'm reluctant to pay that much, I'll probably end up going with it because I have no other option at this point. Does anyone know if you can get from S. Reap to Hanoi by bus or train in a day or two? (I realize they're very far, just checking). THANKS!! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,989 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by ernieh on 4/5/2007 at 21:23

Flying Sihanoukville to Siem Reap

Posted by lost on 2/5/2007 at 08:55

Has anyone flown the new link on PMTair from Sihanoukville to Siem Reap and know roughly how much airfares are and where tickets can be bought as you can not book on there internet site yet. thank you ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,572 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by nazkapadia on 4/5/2007 at 19:49

Phnom Penh-Sihanoukville-Siem Reap in 2 weeks: need advices

Posted by vuh on 2/5/2007 at 15:51

Hello all, First of all, I would like to thank all of travellers who took time to report their experience and recommendations on this website. I found a lot of information on it and would strongly recommand it. I have 2 ways in Cambodia and I plan to spend : Pnom Penh: 2-3 days Sihanoukville: 4 days including the visit of Bokor National Park and Koh S'Dach beach. Siem Reap: 4 days with visit of all the temples and if I have time left, visit Battambang. Does it seems reasonnable or to ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,565 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 3/5/2007 at 13:13

"City River Hotel" is missing...in travelfish.

Posted by electronicfly on 1/5/2007 at 12:33

http://www.cityriverhotel.com/ #0511, Steung Siem Reap Street, Wat Bo, Siem Reap Tel: (+855) 63 763 000, Fax: (+855) 63 963 963 E-mail: info@CityRiverHotel.com, booking@CityRiverHotel.com On my first and hopefully not last trip to Cambodia, I stayed at the City River Hotel. The place is very clean, rooms very spacious and the staff helpful, especially with language. Breakfast there is good; they served different foods buffet style everyday when I was there and all of it was really good, e ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,414 times, with no replies.

Phnom Pehn to HCMC

Posted by longleat on 20/4/2007 at 05:25

What are the options to get from Phnom Phen to HCMC? Besides flying, is there a bus that you can take all the way without changing at the border? How long does it take? How much does it cost? Would a taxi be able to take you all the way or do you have to find another taxi and negotiate the rate from the border to HCMC? Any idea of cost of taxi? Many thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,095 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by longleat on 21/4/2007 at 09:00

anyone in Cambodia?

Posted by loveheart on 16/4/2007 at 13:19

I am traveling to BKK -> Siem Reap -> Sihanoukville with 3 of my friends. We'll be spending most of our time on the beach (i.e. Sihanoukville ) I've been reading some stuff online, but can't figure out which beach to stay. We want to be on the beach but not if it's like Pattaya. Any recommendation? Also if anyone's going to be in Sihanoukville beginning of May, let me know! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,472 times, with no replies.

Anyone in Phnom Penh that want's to visit a wildlife preserve on Sunday?

Posted by geoffraffe on 8/3/2007 at 19:32

Hi, I'm in Phnom Penh at the minute and want to go to a wildlife preserve with my partner on Sunday. The trouble is the minimum for a group is 3 so we need at least 1 more. The trip is run by 2 girls and they take you through this animal preserve in a jeep. This place houses animals safely and most of the animals have been saved from illegal black market trading. i.e. this isný some cheep trek where you ride and elephant knowing that when it's closing time the elephant's beaten by the owner ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,032 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by vickypollard on 16/4/2007 at 11:40

boat trip PhnomP to Siem R

Posted by jennijago on 18/2/2007 at 10:29

New member is looking at taking a boat trip from Phnom P to siem R in late May early June or there abouts. have heard it is good and takes about 4-6 hours Any comments. Is it better to go by car taxi or fly??? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,705 times, with 12 replies. Last reply by 73teng on 11/4/2007 at 14:37

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page