Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Maps of Cambodia

Posted by chuangt2u on 8/4/2007 at 12:21

Good Morning from Phnom Penh. I'm the author of a CD containing detailed maps of the whole of Cambodia and 19 main photogalleries containing a wide variety of images of Cambodia. Linked to the maps are the GPS locations of 43 ancient temples that are scattered all over the country and are not part of the Angkor Wat complex. Each temple has its own photogallery. The CD costs $2 and was made to help travellers find their way around this amazing country. All funds raised with this CD pur ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,496 times, with no replies.

Bus from Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh (Saigon)

Posted by dtm39 on 5/4/2007 at 10:10

Hi. I understand that there are a number of bus companies that do this route. Some involve getting off a bus at the border and getting on another once you've crossed. Others go straight through. Does anyone know the name, address of a company that goes straight through? I heard there was a company with a good quality Mercedes bus. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,114 times, with no replies.

Koh Kong-Sihanoukville

Posted by viacc65 on 19/3/2007 at 03:42

Hello to all member, could I have please some useful contacts in Koh Kong (companies or agency) regarding a private trasportation by taxi, minibus,..to Sihanoukville? Thank you in advance for the help! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,352 times, with no replies.

Reciving Mail in Phnom Phen

Posted by kamamo on 18/3/2007 at 12:34

Hello, I am currently in Pakse in Laos and am making my way down into cambodia and will end in Phnom Penh. I am running out of my malaria medication and I am going to have my mom send me some medication from home, but don't know where to send it. I was thinking that I would just pick a guest house and have her send it to them and make a reservation to stay there. my problem is that i am not sure how reliable the post is and was just wondering if anyone else has ever had post sent to phnom pen ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,858 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 18/3/2007 at 12:40

Visa to Cambodia-overland from Laos

Posted by pfkutasi on 8/3/2007 at 19:46

Hello everyone, Just a question. How easy is it to get a visa if you are travelling overland from southern Laos into northeastern Cambodia? As it is not an official border crossing, I hear that you cannot get one on arrival. Are there places near the 4000 Islands that can issue one? I am looking at spending 30 days in Cambodia by the end of this month and I am not looking to eat into a visa that I may have to get in Vientiane (then have to extend it). I appreciate any answers y ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,735 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by charlottechapman on 14/3/2007 at 19:17

Sinh Cafe Tour HCH - PP via Mekong Delta

Posted by Sunbird2 on 11/3/2007 at 04:52

We are a family with 2 children interested in this trip into PP. Haven't found a lot of reviews online and was wondering if I could get some feedback. What's the standard of the tour, is it interesting enough for the kids, how is the border crossing into Cambodia? Have read it can be a nightmare. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,322 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by TheSnowQueen on 13/3/2007 at 21:28

Good doctor in Phonm Pehn

Posted by sugarplum on 7/3/2007 at 07:37

Can anyone recommend a good doctor in Phonm Pehn. I have something wrong with my ears and would like to see if I can get it sorted out here rather than go to Bangkok. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,330 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by TheSnowQueen on 13/3/2007 at 21:23

train from Bangkok to Siem Reap?

Posted by benjack on 27/2/2007 at 20:31

I've been trying to find a relatively hassle-free process to get from bangkok to siem reap. I found a really good site for traveling by car/bus, but they vaguely mentioned a train. Does anyone have more information about this train? I remember reading that it leaves at kind of inconvenient times (5 am and 7 pm or something), but that's fine. Has anyone taken this train? Do you still have problems with crossing the border? (i'm planning on getting my visa at the embassy in Bangkok, instead of ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 11,002 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by Kristi on 13/3/2007 at 18:15

Pools in Siem Reap

Posted by abh1128 on 2/2/2007 at 09:01

This may seem off the wall, but I am planning my trip to Angkor Wat for mid-March & I know it will be very hot. I am also on a very tight budget, so...I was wondering, for a fee, will some of the hotels with pools let you swim and hang out for a bit? I know there are spas, but the guides indicate you have to be a guest. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,896 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by sugarplum on 7/3/2007 at 07:40

Just back from Vietnam, Cambodia and Phu Quoc Island...

Posted by lucyhudson on 5/3/2007 at 23:35

Hi All We pretty much planned our entire trip following advice and tips from Travelfish so I thought I would return the favour and let you all know what we did in case you find it of use.... We only had 2 and a half weeks to see everything we wanted to in Southern Vietnam and Cambodia - and we feel we saw everything we could in such a short space of time whilst squeezing in 4 days of beach chilling at the end...so in short this was our itinerary! Saigon (HCMC) 2 nights: Get a metered t ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,498 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by steviej on 6/3/2007 at 20:02

ATMS in PHNOM PENH - debit cards

Posted by supsash on 27/2/2007 at 22:02

Hello, Can anyone confirm whether there are many ATMS in Cambodia specifically in Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, Battambang, Sihnaksville. I would like to take cash out (cambodia riel or dollars) and if I can't do this with a debit card i will need to bring lots of Baht with me to change when I get there. Can you also confirm if Thai Baht is accepted in Cambodia as i probably will not be able to change this until I reach Phnom Penh my first destination. The info on the FAQ's is a bit conflicting - ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,325 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by TonyL on 6/3/2007 at 07:49

Taxi from Phnom Penh and Ho Chi Minh City

Posted by longleat on 5/3/2007 at 05:09

Can anyone provide information on taking a taxi from PP to HCMC? I would like to know if the taxi from PP can take us all the way to HCMC without changing taxis at the border. Also, about how much would this cost and how long would the trip take? If we have to change taxis at the border, which spot on the border would that be? How would we get a taxi at the border if we have to find one? We planned on flying, but with 3 people travelling, that will be very costly. However, I don't want to s ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,659 times, with no replies.

Flights from Hong Kong to Cambodia

Posted by bruceygreenbeans on 27/2/2007 at 08:08

Hi, I plan to meet up with some friends in Cambodia in March and I want the cheapest way to get there, I have some friends in HK and seeing as a single with Oasis budget airline from London is only £180ish I was hoping to fly there and then try and get to Cambodia from HK. I'm happy to fly through whatever country I just want to save money. Anyone know of any cheap airlines that fly from HK to Cambodia or even Bangkok and then I can get to Cambodia from there. Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 9,431 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by bruceygreenbeans on 1/3/2007 at 19:20

Ripp-off airline: Royal Khmer

Posted by alex864 on 19/2/2007 at 14:52

Travelers, be aware of the dishonest and shameful methods of Royal Khmer Airlines, a Cambodian airline company. I bought two round trip tickets Seoul-Siem Reap from RKA to visit the wonderful site of Angkor in February last year with my wife. While my return flight to Seoul was cancelled without notice by Royal Khmer Airlines because of aircraft technical issue, they left me without any assistance in Siem Reap. Having already paid for the tickets to RKA, I had to spend another USD 1,000 for ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,959 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by exkhmer on 22/2/2007 at 01:16

Priet taxi Pnhom Penh -Siem Reep

Posted by chimik72 on 11/2/2007 at 15:09

Hello to all members, Please advice whther I could get privet taxi on arrival Phnom Penh airport stright to Siem Reep or I have do it in any place in Phnom Penh sity. Thanks to all. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,001 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by marianwarren on 18/2/2007 at 11:31

Where can I get a Vietnamese Visa in SiamReap?

Posted by y3000 on 15/2/2007 at 11:55

Does anyone knows where can I get a Vietnamese Visa in SiamReap? How long time and how much money ? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,014 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by longleat on 18/2/2007 at 07:48

rough draft of cambodia-thailand itinerary - feedback please!!

Posted by akhut on 15/2/2007 at 05:32

Cambodia/Thailand Itinerary Friday 3/23 - Arrive Phnom Penh 10:20am Saturday 3/24 - Phnom Penh - Wedding Sunday 3/25 - Phnom Penh - Wedding Monday 3/26 - Phnom Penh - Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum, Killing Fields of Choeung Ek Tuesday 3/27 - Travel day to Siemreap Wednesday 3/28 - Siemreap - Angkor Wat - Psar Chaa Market Thursday 3/29 - Siemreap - Angkor Thom - Angkor Hospital Tour Friday 3/30 - Siemreap - Floating village of Chong Kneas Saturday 3/31 - Siemreap ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,859 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by akhut on 18/2/2007 at 02:43

Scam or Gem?The Truth about Angkor Association for the Disabled – A (Live-in) Volunteer’s Experience

Posted by travelation on 17/2/2007 at 17:50

I went to Cambodia in January 2007 with the aim of volunteering with Angkor Association for the Disabled (AAD). I had been looking for volunteer opportunities in Cambodia and had read about AAD which was based in Siem Reap. Conscious and wary of the plethora of organisations/NGOs that mask themselves under the name of charity but are only out to scam donations from unsuspecting donors/volunteers, I wanted to be sure that AAD was worth my commitment. Hence, I started doing my ‘homework’ an ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,545 times, with no replies.

Flights Laos-Cambodia, Cambodia-Bangkok

Posted by Jomcevoy on 14/2/2007 at 13:45

Hi, just wanted to know if I can book flights from Vientianne to Phnom Penh, and Phnom Penh to Bangkok when I'm in country, or if I should arrange that whilst I'm still at home. Cheers, Jo ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,568 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 15/2/2007 at 21:27

Malaria Tablets

Posted by elisak on 7/12/2006 at 19:22

Hi Just wanted to know if only going to Cambodia to visit Angkor Wat do I need to take Malaria Tablets? And do you need to take them in Vietnam? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 17,972 times, with 12 replies. Last reply by amb257 on 14/2/2007 at 06:02

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page